No announcement yet.

Looking for ideas for plugins

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Looks like there may be some interest in an MPower or Mfi related plugin. I'll whip something up this week and post to the forums.

Comment

Originally posted by Rotech View Post
      Yes, but you need to open every zwave device to see the polling time. Having a screen where you can see all devices, you can schedule timing for each device so they don't repot all at the same time, having the controller to manage the polling more efficient .
      Hector;

Go to Plug-Ins/Z-Wave/Node Information. You can see the polling information on the root and child nodes at a glance. You can click on the root and the child node names to adjust the polling.
      Attached Files
      Randy Prade
      Aurora, CO
      Prades.net

PHLocation - Pushover - EasyTrigger - UltraECM3 - Ultra1Wire3 - Arduino

Comment

Thank Randy, I guess you learn everyday something new
        Hector
        MyTrigger,ACRF2,W800,Zwave
        AP800,Honeywell Stat

Comment

Hi Kingfetty.

EnOcean maybe? https://www.enocean.com/en/home/

Energy harvesting sensors and switches sounds good to me. :-)

Regards
          Morten

Comment

A plugin to read data from the Rainforest Eagle energy monitor and populate Homeseer's Energy database would be great. The Utilities out here have been swapping out our old meters for SmartMeters. The Rainforest device can read data directly from the SmartMeter, and is an approved device from the Utility. I think that XML data can be parsed on the device.

Comment

A plugin to manage speaker clients would be cool so that I can have different things spoken to different clients and I can enable/disable certain speakers at certain times etc... would be relatively easy.

Comment

Originally posted by Mattyjee View Post
                A plugin to manage speaker clients would be cool so that I can have different things spoken to different clients and I can enable/disable certain speakers at certain times etc... would be relatively easy.

BLSpeech?
                Originally posted by rprade
                There is no rhyme or reason to the anarchy a defective Z-Wave device can cause

Comment

Most salable idea!

IMHO, the most salable and most desirable plug-in would be one that makes scripting less necessary or, at best, unnecessary.
                  HomeSeer Version: HS3 Pro Edition 3.0.0.500
                  Operating System: Microsoft Windows 10 Pro - Work Station

Enabled Plug-Ins:
                  2.1.0.119: AmbientWeather | 3.0.21.0: BLLock | 2.0.24.0: BLUPS | 1.3.6.0: Device History | 3.0.0.56: EasyTrigger | 3.1.0.7: MeiHarmonyHub | 3.0.6681.34300: UltraCID3 | 3.0.6644.26753: UltraLog3 | 3.0.6554.33094: UltraMon3 | 3.0.0.91: weatherXML | 3.0.1.245: Z-Wave | 3.0.51: HS Touch Designer | 3.0.0.40 Z-Seer+

Comment

Originally posted by automateme View Post
                    A plugin to read data from the Rainforest Eagle energy monitor and populate Homeseer's Energy database would be great. The Utilities out here have been swapping out our old meters for SmartMeters. The Rainforest device can read data directly from the SmartMeter, and is an approved device from the Utility. I think that XML data can be parsed on the device.
                    I like this idea, I may order one if any of my plugins sell and then write a plugin for this.

Comment

Originally posted by ewkearns View Post
                      IMHO, the most salable and most desirable plug-in would be one that makes scripting less necessary or, at best, unnecessary.
                      What sort of scripting is bogging you down? I haven't had to do any scripting yet in my setup.

Comment

New free plugin posted for Ubiquity mPower devices.

http://board.homeseer.com/showthread.php?t=174588

Comment

Now you just need to setup a kickback from homeseer to buy the product as well! Seems like a great addition to own a couple of those!
                          Jim
                          ----
                          Plugins:Z Wave 3.0.1.55, HS3 Pro 3.0.0.208, HS3Touch, HS3Touch IOS, Z-Net, SceneMaster, XBMC, Sonos, Media Controller, Envisalink (52 Virtual nodes), JowiHue, EasyTrigger, Liftmaster MyQ, BLBackup, BLLAN, BLRadar, Pushover

Devices:Cooper RF9540, Cooper Scene, Yale Locks, Sonos, Phillips Hue and Lux, DSC, Somfy Blinds

Comment

Originally posted by kingfetty View Post
                            I like this idea, I may order one if any of my plugins sell and then write a plugin for this.
                            Thanks for considering this one. If there is any data I can send you from my Eagle, let me know.

Comment

+1 on the Rainforest Eagle. I've got one and would like to pull that data in to HS.

Comment

Originally posted by kingfetty View Post
                                I am currently looking for ideas for plugins to develop. If you have a need, let me know and I'll see what it would entail. Since I have the framework built from my other plugins anything simple enough I can release for free.
                                Hi, what do you think of a 'multi-status device' plugin?

So basically a type of virtual device that monitors values from other HS3 devices and sets its own status based on certain rules. This is doable with HS3's virtual device, but needs MANY events per device to implement:

http://board.homeseer.com/showthread.php?t=173934

Some use cases:
                                a). Combine door open-close, lock-unlocked and motion detection to a single status icon.
                                b). Monitors which lights/devices are on/off and detects a scene based on the combination. The identified scene can be useful just for display (on hstouch, etc) or as a trigger for other events to fire.

It would be cool if within this plugin we can create different templates for the virtual devices it manage, or at least the ability to clone/copy devices so you don't always have to start from scratch.
                                HW: HS3 w/ Win8.1 on ASRock C2550d4i. Digi AnywhereUSB, Hubport, Edgeport, UZB, Z-trollers, PLCBUS, SONOS, GC-100, iTach IP2SL, WF2IR, IP2IR, RFXtrx433, Harmony Hubs, Hue, Ademco Vista 128BP, NetAtmo, NetAtmo Welcome

Google Search for HomeSeer Forum

Comment

Working...
                                X