No announcement yet.

Looking for ideas for plugins

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

How about a plug-in that will check the battery level on battery power devices?
    RJ_Make On YouTube

Comment

Atlona AT-COMP-88. Seems like it would be relatively easy. The below link is the instruction manual and on page 4 shows the commands and what to expect in return.

https://atlona.com/pdf/manuals/AT-COMP-88M_v2.pdf

Thanks.

Comment

Originally posted by automateme View Post
        A plugin to read data from the Rainforest Eagle energy monitor and populate Homeseer's Energy database would be great. The Utilities out here have been swapping out our old meters for SmartMeters. The Rainforest device can read data directly from the SmartMeter, and is an approved device from the Utility. I think that XML data can be parsed on the device.
        Where do you find such device? My electric company just installed a smart meter for my PV solar panel setup and I would like to see what I consume and what my panels are sending out. Is this possible?
        Hector
        MyTrigger,ACRF2,W800,Zwave
        AP800,Honeywell Stat

Comment

Originally posted by Rotech View Post
          Where do you find such device? My electric company just installed a smart meter for my PV solar panel setup and I would like to see what I consume and what my panels are sending out. Is this possible?
          Here is the device that I use.

http://rainforestautomation.com/rfa-z109-eagle/

I have it sitting about 50ft from my Smartmeter and connected to my network. Setup was very easy and I had to register the device with my utility. It communicates with the Smartmeter using Zigbee. I don't have solar, but I understand that it will provide negative values when generation exceeds consumption.

Comment

So you need permission from electric co to use it, since you had to register it right?
            Hector
            AP800,Honeywell Stat

Comment

Originally posted by Rotech View Post
              So you need permission from electric co to use it, since you had to register it right?
              That is correct. It was all done on my utility account page. You provide the zigbee MAC address and a second ID number. Took all of about 5 minutes

Comment

I (and some others) would love a plugin for the Cytech Comfort Alarm. There was one for HS2 but the developer is not going to do one for HS3.
                I have this alarm fitted and will help if I can. I am also aware that the developer of the alarm responds well to requests for info about it.

Comment

Would be interested in a plugin for the ecobee3

Comment

Any interest in doing an ecobee3 plugin?

Comment

How about the TED (the energy detective) system. It monitors your solar and utility usage.
                      Hector
                      AP800,Honeywell Stat

Comment

any chance of an ecobee3 plugin?

Comment

Originally posted by kideon View Post
                          any chance of an ecobee3 plugin?
                          I don't have an Ecobee3 to program against, so unlikely I will make one.

Comment

If you want to write it based on the Api I will alpha test it

Comment

While I don't use this device I see a lot of interest in it......

So maybe people should all pitch in and buy him one.

You would all be helping yourselves as well as the community at large!
                              Originally posted by rprade
                              There is no rhyme or reason to the anarchy a defective Z-Wave device can cause

Comment

Originally posted by kingfetty View Post
                                I am currently looking for ideas for plugins to develop. If you have a need, let me know and I'll see what it would entail. Since I have the framework built from my other plugins anything simple enough I can release for free.
                                AccuWeather MinuteCast - they have an API but I'm not sure where to find it.

Also, a generalized IP plug-in - imagine a back door into a Wink, for example, to get at the Zigbee devices it knows, or into Lutron, or iSmartAlarm, etc.

Comment

Working...
                                X