Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Looking for ideas for plugins

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • #46
    Originally posted by kingfetty View Post
    I like this idea, I may order one if any of my plugins sell and then write a plugin for this.
    I like S-F's idea. How many Rainforest Eagle users are there in the Community? I would be willing to pony-up a few bucks to get Eric an Eagle device if he were willing to write a plug-in for it. My needs are pretty basic - create devices that report current power consumption and meter reading, and populate the HS3 Energy Database so that I can view charts and graphs. There appears to be a mature API available for the Eagle and quite a bit of developer activity.

    http://rainforestautomation.com/supp...eagle-support/

    http://rainforestautomation.com/developer/
    Last edited by automateme; July 16th, 2015, 07:54 PM.

    Comment


    • #47
      A plugin to connect to EcoNet (Rheem waterheaters).

      If you pick EcoNet from the dropdown found here, you will see the documentation you might need. I haven't tried to dig in too much yet or signed up as a developer.

      http://io.myrheem.com/

      Comment


      • #48
        Originally posted by kideon View Post
        If you want to write it based on the Api I will alpha test it
        I can take a crack at writing against the API, and having you test. I'll have to put in some serious data logging in order to pull this off. Let me take a look at the API and see what I'm getting myself into.

        Comment


        • #49
          So, I took a look at the Ecobee API, there may be some hope yet. It appears all calls to the API are via a web service and not to the device directly. This would allow me to program against your thermostat remotely. You would need to go into the Ecobee developer portal and create a new app key and supply it to me via private message. I would then need to build the framework for the app and have it request to be authorized against your thermostat, you would then accept this authorization and I could begin to program.

          If this sounds like something you may be interested in let me know. Of course for going through this at the end I would provide you with a free plugin license key.

          Comment


          • #50
            Yeah man I'll let you know once I get it in and installed held off on buying one until someone was down to write a plugin. Allegedly it offers local lan control too. Thanks so much!

            Comment


            • #51
              One feature request it'd like to ask for is a way to integrate with the nest so that if the protect detects a fire it shuts off hvac. I know I could do this with an event in homeseer but is rather have the two services talk directly to eliminate risk. Oh that reminds me of another plugin a security app that does it all automagically - occupancy, fire, leaks, intrusion etc. getting tired of figuring out event logic and having to update a gazillion things when I add or remove devices. I'd pay fifty bucks for something that "just works". Would suggest fuzzy logic on occupancy so that I can finally go to sleep without having to remember to hit the sleep status

              Comment


              • #52
                Originally posted by kideon View Post
                One feature request it'd like to ask for is a way to integrate with the nest so that if the protect detects a fire it shuts off hvac. I know I could do this with an event in homeseer but is rather have the two services talk directly to eliminate risk. Oh that reminds me of another plugin a security app that does it all automagically - occupancy, fire, leaks, intrusion etc. getting tired of figuring out event logic and having to update a gazillion things when I add or remove devices. I'd pay fifty bucks for something that "just works". Would suggest fuzzy logic on occupancy so that I can finally go to sleep without having to remember to hit the sleep status
                My occupancy is setup like this:

                Device called occupied
                Device for my wife's phone being home
                Device for my phone being home
                Device for alarm armed away status
                Device for IFTTT for my wife's phone in a radius
                Device for IFTTT for my phone in a radius

                Then the logic goes like this:

                If my phone disconnects from the house wifi AP (syslog) set my phone away
                If wife's phone disconnects from the house wifi AP (syslog) set wife's phone away
                If IFTTT detects my phone leaves radius, set my phone away
                If IFTTT detects wife's phone leaves radius, set her phone away

                If both phones are away, set occupied to off
                If alarm is armed away, set occupied to off
                If either phone becomes home, set occupied to on
                If alarm is disarmed with keypad or keyfob, set occupied to on.


                Then I trigger certain events based on the fact that occupied is on or off.

                Comment


                • #53
                  Do you have it set on one IFTTT account? I was thinking of putting IFTTT on my girlfriend's android and run it on a couple of iPhones

                  Comment


                  • #54
                    Originally posted by kideon View Post
                    Do you have it set on one IFTTT account? I was thinking of putting IFTTT on my girlfriend's android and run it on a couple of iPhones
                    No, she has her own account

                    Comment


                    • #55
                      Were you able to register both accounts on the same MYHS account?

                      So a mid range RFID scanner guys any thoughts?

                      Comment


                      • #56
                        Originally posted by kideon View Post
                        Were you able to register both accounts on the same MYHS account?
                        Yes

                        Originally posted by kideon View Post
                        So a mid range RFID scanner guys any thoughts?
                        Range being distance or range being price?

                        Comment


                        • #57
                          Kideon, Mark had posted a tweet of the use of ifttt for occupancy post sometime back.
                          I'm on my iPhone so hard to search. Search the forum for user Crashless for his ifttt setup using one myhs and two ifttt accounts.

                          Ok, just found it.
                          http://board.homeseer.com/showthread...=1#post1177131



                          Sent from my iPhone
                          Tom
                          baby steps...starting again with HS3
                          HS3Pro: Z-NET & 80 Z wave Devices,
                          HSTouch: 4 Joggler (Android Kitkat), 2 iPhone, 3 iPads
                          Whole House Audio: 5 SqueezePlay Jogglers w Bose Speakers
                          In The Works: 10 Cameras Geovision, new Adecmo/Envisalink Alarm, Arduinos
                          System: XP on Fanless Mini-ITX w/ SSD

                          Comment


                          • #58
                            Originally posted by kingfetty View Post
                            So, I took a look at the Ecobee API, there may be some hope yet. It appears all calls to the API are via a web service and not to the device directly. This would allow me to program against your thermostat remotely. You would need to go into the Ecobee developer portal and create a new app key and supply it to me via private message. I would then need to build the framework for the app and have it request to be authorized against your thermostat, you would then accept this authorization and I could begin to program.

                            If this sounds like something you may be interested in let me know. Of course for going through this at the end I would provide you with a free plugin license key.
                            FYI, I played with the Ecobee API a while ago, and unfortunately it is not completely free (only the first 85000 calls per month and per app are). As you have to poll the thermostat periodically, the free quota would be exceeded quickly unless you build the plugin so that every user has to create a developer account.

                            http://developer.ecobee.com/api/topi...e_limits_costs

                            Comment


                            • #59
                              Originally posted by spud View Post
                              FYI, I played with the Ecobee API a while ago, and unfortunately it is not completely free (only the first 85000 calls per month and per app are). As you have to poll the thermostat periodically, the free quota would be exceeded quickly unless you build the plugin so that every user has to create a developer account.

                              http://developer.ecobee.com/api/topi...e_limits_costs
                              Good point, perhaps I need to write the plugin so that it will poll on a 1 minute cycle with the ability to trigger a refresh manually. This would consume approx 44640 polls a month with overhead left to handle manual refreshes and commands to change the settings.

                              Comment


                              • #60
                                Originally posted by kingfetty View Post
                                Good point, perhaps I need to write the plugin so that it will poll on a 1 minute cycle with the ability to trigger a refresh manually. This would consume approx 44640 polls a month with overhead left to handle manual refreshes and commands to change the settings.
                                It appears the limit is per application key, so like you said each individual plugin user would need to setup their own developer account, create an application key and then put the application key into the plugin. I

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X