No announcement yet.

Looking for ideas for plugins

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

A hs3 plug-in for the Satel integra alarm system. The protocol info can be found here http://www.satel.pl/en/download/inst...op_pl_2.00.pdf

Comment

Originally posted by automateme View Post
      I like S-F's idea. How many Rainforest Eagle users are there in the Community? I would be willing to pony-up a few bucks to get Eric an Eagle device if he were willing to write a plug-in for it. My needs are pretty basic - create devices that report current power consumption and meter reading, and populate the HS3 Energy Database so that I can view charts and graphs. There appears to be a mature API available for the Eagle and quite a bit of developer activity.

http://rainforestautomation.com/supp...eagle-support/

http://rainforestautomation.com/developer/
      Looks like this works with my Utility. I would be in and willing to chip in.

DSteiNeuro
      DSteiNeuro

HS3Pro

MSI Cubi Intel(R) Core(TM) i5-5200U CPU @ 2.20GHz, 2201 Mhz, 2 Core(s), 4 Logical Processor(s) 16GB DDRl RAM

Enabled Plug-Ins
      BLRussound, BLSpeech, HSTouch Server, JowiHue, MyQ, Nest, Rain8, Squeezebox, Ultra1Wire3, UltraGCIR3, Vista Alarm, X10,Z-Wave

Comment

Originally posted by kingfetty View Post
        I am currently looking for ideas for plugins to develop. If you have a need, let me know and I'll see what it would entail. Since I have the framework built from my other plugins anything simple enough I can release for free.
        A plugin for the ecobee3 WiFi thermostat would be great!
        http://shop.ecobee.com/products/ecobee3-homekit
        HS3 3.0.0.548 &HSTouch Designer 3.0.71 with 887 Devices, 515 Events
        Plugin's:
        BLBackup, BLOccupied, BLShutdown, EasyTrigger, Ecobee,
        EnvisaLink DSC, PHLocation, Pushover, SONOS, Blue Iris, UltraRachio3,
        weatherXML, Jon00 Alexa Helper, Network Monitor, MyQ, Z-Wave 3.0.1.252

Comment

Originally posted by The Profit View Post
          A plugin for the ecobee3 WiFi thermostat would be great!
          http://shop.ecobee.com/products/ecobee3-homekit
          Already working on it. It's in private alpha right now.

Comment

hail to the King

I would like a plugin for the Hydrawise sprinkler controller . They have an API

Comment

Originally posted by DSteiNeuro View Post
              Looks like this works with my Utility. I would be in and willing to chip in.

DSteiNeuro
              I would buy a Rainforest Eagle if there were a Plug-In for it available. I could kick in a little to help the developer get one as well.

-Travis

Comment

Originally posted by Daweeze View Post
                I would buy a Rainforest Eagle if there were a Plug-In for it available. I could kick in a little to help the developer get one as well.

-Travis
                I think that is 3 or 4 of us so far. The Eagle is $100, so we need a few more of us. I think that most folks with SmartMeters installed can use the Eagle.

http://www.amazon.com/Rainforest-EAG.../dp/B00AII248U

Comment

It's been sitting in my wish list for months. A plugin might push me over the edge.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Comment

Does anyone know what data the Rainforest Eagle exposes from the Smart Meter? I already have home energy monitoring (KW,V,A), but if it reports stuff like actual current cost based on current tier, you could count me in too.
                    Mike

Comment

Originally posted by mwaite View Post
                      Does anyone know what data the Rainforest Eagle exposes from the Smart Meter? I already have home energy monitoring (KW,V,A), but if it reports stuff like actual current cost based on current tier, you could count me in too.
                      The Eagle has a setting to manually set the rate or get the current rate from the meter. For my utility, when I set it to get the rate from the meter, the value never populates. It might be just my utility.

Comment

Originally posted by mwaite View Post
                        It is also possible that the price can be read directly from the smart meter, if the meter supports this feature.

Comment

I don't know that anyone here actually owns one of these! If you do, please chime in!!!! That said, here's some info from the manual:

--------------------------------
                          To the right of the usage display is pricing information. This shows the price of electricity that is currently in effect. This is labeled “Price per kWh”, and is usually shown in cents.

Above the price is the Rate Label. This usually reads, “Set by User” and indicates the current price has been set manually by you (see the Settings button section).

It is also possible that the price can be read directly from the smart meter, if the meter supports this feature. In this case, the Rate Label will be set by the meter, and can be up to 12 characters long.

If no price value has been set – either by the smart meter or manually – then the words “Not set” will be shown in place of the price.

Below the price is the estimated cost per hour. This is calculated from the current price per kWh multiplied by the current rate of energy consumption.
                          --------------------------------

-Travis
                          I have one installed. As I mentioned in the prior post, my Eagle does not populate the rate value from my meter. It could be that my utility doesn't allow that information from the meter.

Comment

Hi John,

My provider is PG&E, which one might you have? Also, do you keep up on the firmware updates for the unit? I wonder if they could provide a list of utility providers and features.

-Travis

Comment

Hi John,

My provider is PG&E, which one might you have? Also, do you keep up on the firmware updates for the unit? I wonder if they could provide a list of utility providers and features.

-Travis
                              Hey Travis,

I am on SCE. The Eagle can auto-update firmware now, so I just set it to do that and I don't check anymore. I know that PG&E is supported. Here is a link to their supported Utilities map.

http://rainforestautomation.com/supported-utilities/

Comment

Originally posted by automateme View Post
                                I think that is 3 or 4 of us so far. The Eagle is $100, so we need a few more of us. I think that most folks with SmartMeters installed can use the Eagle.

http://www.amazon.com/Rainforest-EAG.../dp/B00AII248U

Count me in. I'd buy one if there was a plugin.

HS3 : HSpro (3.0.0.460) on Win2012 (vm on ESXi)
                                Plugins: HSTouch, UPBSpud, Kinect, Nest, IFTTT, DirecTV, EasyTrigger, Imperihome, Zwave, RFXcom, UltraMon3, UltraWeatherBug3, UltraGCIR3, UltraLog3, UltraPioneer, PHLocation, Pushover, Pushalot, MCSSPrinklers S, JowiHue
                                Jon00 Plugins: Bluetooth Proximity, Performance Monitor, DB Chart, Links

Comment

Working...
                                X