Looking for ideas for plugins

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by jlrichar View Post
    Count me in. I'd buy one if there was a plugin.
    This seems to be getting a bit of traction. I created a dedicated thread in HS3 Plug-in Development, in case another developer wants to take it on.
    Last edited by automateme; August 11th, 2015, 09:41 AM.

Comment

A plugin for the ecobee3 WiFi thermostat would be great!
      http://shop.ecobee.com/products/ecobee3-homekit
      Originally posted by kingfetty View Post
      Already working on it. It's in private alpha right now.
      How goes progress on this?
      I am looking to get an EcoBee installed shortly and would love to know that it will be supported fully.

Comment

Originally posted by kideon View Post
        Any interest in doing an ecobee3 plugin?
        am in if someone would like to develop it..

Comment

Eric, How about a plugin for Digital Loggers IP Power Switches.

Web Power Switch 5 and C-13 Power Switch (Web Rack Power Switch) from Digital Loggers, Inc. These are both IP enabled Switches.

http://www.digital-loggers.com/lpc.html
          http://www.digital-loggers.com/220.html

Forrest

Comment

Another vote for Webpower Switch from Digitial Loggers

Comment

figured i would try, though I doubt you have the splits living where you do lol

http://board.homeseer.com/showthread.php?t=185047

Comment

Had never heard of that until now, lol.

Comment

I've been wanting a Plugin for my Lennox iComfort WIFI Thermostat in order to control temps in separate rooms, but I just read where someone wanted a Plugin for the Ecobee with room modules. I have a room that seems to be very hard to keep a stable temp in. I'm having a hard time figuring how separate room thermostats would work without some kind of duct cutoff device. Maybe I need to read up on how to do this. I guess the easiest way would be to set priority levels with the thermostats? Basically, I'm interested in the Ecobee Thermostat with the Modules.

Comment

After reading more about the Ecobee, I don't like the Cloud based anything. I know the Lennox connects to a server, so it would basically be the same situation. I personally prefer the look of the Lennox with it's big bright blue screen. I've looked for a nice z-wave thermostat, but they all look horrible. I can't replace the Lennox with a z-wave stat with a cheesy green screen, the wife would have a fit. So I would rather have a Plugin for the Lennox iComfort for looks, and use z-wave Aeotec multi-sensor, as remote units using motion to trigger the active zone. That's more my style. That would do the same thing as the Ecobee remote sensors.

Comment

Originally posted by msieczkowski View Post
                      Another vote for Webpower Switch from Digitial Loggers
                      Originally posted by kesterf View Post
                      Eric, How about a plugin for Digital Loggers IP Power Switches.

Web Power Switch 5 and C-13 Power Switch (Web Rack Power Switch) from Digital Loggers, Inc. These are both IP enabled Switches.

http://www.digital-loggers.com/lpc.html
                      http://www.digital-loggers.com/220.html

Forrest
                      A script to support Digital Loggers Inc. Web Power Switch is posted in the thread: http://board.homeseer.com/showthread...b+power+switch

Comment

I don't know how many users out there use the Iaqualink pool controller setup. I can login to control it via web or phone apps. It shouldn't be too hard to reverse engineer for those with that knowledge. Not sure how much interest there would be in that here.
                        HSPro on a Supermicro Atom|Z-Net
                        Elo touchscreen client, Android Phones and Tablets, Xbox One
                        Global Cach/Ultra-GCIR | Etherrain | Jon00 | Sonos | Blue Iris | URC Whole Home Remotes | Philips Hue | Nest | Grandstream | Leviton | Aeon Labs | Cooper | Kwikset | Evolve | Envisalink/DSC | Amazon Alexa/IFTT

Comment

Looking for ideas for plugins

Originally posted by tome10 View Post
                          After reading more about the Ecobee, I don't like the Cloud based anything. I know the Lennox connects to a server, so it would basically be the same situation. I personally prefer the look of the Lennox with it's big bright blue screen. I've looked for a nice z-wave thermostat, but they all look horrible. I can't replace the Lennox with a z-wave stat with a cheesy green screen, the wife would have a fit. So I would rather have a Plugin for the Lennox iComfort for looks, and use z-wave Aeotec multi-sensor, as remote units using motion to trigger the active zone. That's more my style. That would do the same thing as the Ecobee remote sensors.

The nexia 824 has a color screen but seems to be geared toward their cloud based IOT solution. I was not able to confirm function and requirements to get it to work with HS. I picked up a trane 524 native zwave thermostat (which is a part of their nexia line). Mine has a blue back ground when I too really wanted a color screen too.

I have heard a lot of gripes from users that have thermostats that require plugins. I don't know that they are doing anything more or less complex than I am, but mine works phenomenally. Updates are near instantaneous whether my wife changes the heat temp at the thermostat or HS turns on a setting or function. Temperature reporting also works as I have configured it. I would recommend it to anyone looking to control their thermostat and hvac system.
                          Additionally once a get more multi-sensors I will work on tying together all of these temp sensors and do some type of more complex heating and cooling rule.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Wishes for plug in Lyric

I would like to see or have a Honeywell Lyric Plug in........

Devoir

Comment

Wink

Someone mentioned the Wink earlier. It really is a powerful controller now and getting more capabilities all the time. It is the only single controller that will talk to all of my lights.

Comment

Originally posted by mikaluch View Post
                                Someone mentioned the Wink earlier. It really is a powerful controller now and getting more capabilities all the time. It is the only single controller that will talk to all of my lights.
                                What's a wink?

Comment

Working...
                                X