No announcement yet.

Looking for ideas for plugins

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

HA hub. Sold at Home Depot. Wink ( the company) is I think owned by GE.

HS3 : HSpro (3.0.0.460) on Win2012 (vm on ESXi)
    Plugins: HSTouch, UPBSpud, Kinect, Nest, IFTTT, DirecTV, EasyTrigger, Imperihome, Zwave, RFXcom, UltraMon3, UltraWeatherBug3, UltraGCIR3, UltraLog3, UltraPioneer, PHLocation, Pushover, Pushalot, MCSSPrinklers S, JowiHue
    Jon00 Plugins: Bluetooth Proximity, Performance Monitor, DB Chart, Links

Comment

Six radios for $65 at Home Depot. You won't find a better hardware deal anywhere. Software improving steadily.

http://community.smartthings.com/t/w...-teardown/3288

Comment

Also what appears to be a well documented and mature API: http://docs.winkapiv2.apiary.io/#reference/device

Plugins: HSTouch, UPBSpud, Kinect, Nest, IFTTT, DirecTV, EasyTrigger, Imperihome, Zwave, RFXcom, UltraMon3, UltraWeatherBug3, UltraGCIR3, UltraLog3, UltraPioneer, PHLocation, Pushover, Pushalot, MCSSPrinklers S, JowiHue

Comment

Originally posted by mikaluch View Post
          Six radios for $65 at Home Depot. You won't find a better hardware deal anywhere. Software improving steadily.

http://community.smartthings.com/t/w...-teardown/3288
          Is the logic still "Cloud based"? If so, that is a major downside for me in home automation. I limit having to control things in my house by having to go out to the internet (My only exception is my Nest, which I'm thinking of ditching because of this).
          Thanks,
          Frank

Comment

Looking at the API it's all going via the internet: https://api.wink.com

From the looks of it, I could build a plugin that acts as a bridge essentially. It would create a copy of every wink device inside homeseer and as a device changes state on either side, the commands would get sent across.

If I can pick up a wink hub on sale I may throw something together. Still looking to see what I may want to control with the wink hub that I don't already control with HomeSeer.

Comment

The Wink is Horrible. I went from Wink>Smartthings>Homeseer. If you're going to build a Plugin for a secondary controller, it would probably need to be Smartthings, and simply for the Zigbee capabilities I guess, but the latency is already horrible with the Cloud Controllers. I'd have to pass on this idea.

Comment

Looking for ideas for plugins

Plugin to integrate with unifi camera NVR, Mfi Server (with power monitoring integration).

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
                Last edited by Kerat; November 23rd, 2016, 10:39 PM.

Comment

Emby server plugin to detect when a show or movie is being played.

Comment

Originally posted by tome10 View Post
                    The Wink is Horrible. I went from Wink>Smartthings>Homeseer. If you're going to build a Plugin for a secondary controller, it would probably need to be Smartthings, and simply for the Zigbee capabilities I guess, but the latency is already horrible with the Cloud Controllers. I'd have to pass on this idea.
                    So what I'm hearing, is we need some sort of way to control ZigBee from HomeSeer so we can ditch other HA controllers completely.

Comment

• Originally posted by Kerat View Post
                      Emby server plugin to detect when a show or movie is being played.

This kinda goes along with the idea of a Plex plugin as well.

BTW..

Plex vs Emby, which do you prefer? I'm on plex simply because I got in on the lifetime sub when it was still cheap.

Comment

• Originally posted by Kerat View Post
                        Plugin to integrate with unifi camera NVR, Mfi Server (with power monitoring integration).

I've got a plugin that works with their power strips, but just turns on/off the ports. I never could get the power calculations to come out right in HomeSeer.

It's my understanding they abandoned the mFi lineup.

Comment

• Home Theater / AV equipment IP Control

How about IP Control of AV equipment?

Something along the lines of Roomie Remote, a great iPad app which was taken over by Simple Control who are now charging a high subscription rate for the service.

I was thinking more along the lines of the Global Cache Pro which uses IR Control but with IP Control.

This could then be utilized without any additional hardware to control AV Equipment. Opening up HS Touch and things like the Amazon Echo as control platforms.

I'm also happy to assist with any beta testing etc.

Food for thought.

Brian

Comment

• Would love to see a plug-in that showed all the devices in the current database, both active and orphaned, and gave a simple and clear method for deleting invalid devices once and for all.

This should be an integral part of Homeseer but for some reason getting rid of orphaned devices seems to be one of the most difficult management tasks there is.

Comment

• Originally posted by kingfetty View Post
                              I've got a plugin that works with their power strips, but just turns on/off the ports. I never could get the power calculations to come out right in HomeSeer.

It's my understanding they abandoned the mFi lineup.
                              They did - which is very unfortunate. I would move from Z-Net to a true IP routed device network in a heartbeat IF comparable hardware were available. I think Ubiquiti (whom I am a huge fan of) is making a big mistake abandoning the mFi line. They claim that they are starting from scratch and building a new IoT solution, but anyone who follows UB knows that many such announcements end up being vaporware for years.

Comment

• Originally posted by kingfetty View Post
                                Looking at the API it's all going via the internet: https://api.wink.com

From the looks of it, I could build a plugin that acts as a bridge essentially. It would create a copy of every wink device inside homeseer and as a device changes state on either side, the commands would get sent across.

If I can pick up a wink hub on sale I may throw something together. Still looking to see what I may want to control with the wink hub that I don't already control with HomeSeer.

That would be great! Yes this is a cloud based hub, and as a long time homeseer user it would be silly to move all your devices over to only wink control. What makes this useful is all the stuff that the wink can connect to that HS can't. There is a lot. Some of it quite cool, some of it silly (like egg holders). Plus put yourself in the shoes of someone that starts with wink and wants to get more advanced without starting over. This plugin would be great for them. Last time I checked wink had magnitude(s) more users than homeseer. A rock solid plugin that fully supported the Wink cloud API could draw a lot of them over.

Comment

Working...
                                X