This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Free Plugin Ubiquity MPower

Here's my first free plugin "MPower". It controls Ubiquity MPower devices. I have only tested it on the MPower Pro but should work on all of them.

This is the first release of it, consider it beta as I don't have much testing under way with it. Just plop the .exe in your home directory.

You'll have a config screen where you can add the mPower devices by IP.

Code:
    Changelog:

- Initial beta release
    Attached Files
    Last edited by kingfetty; May 12th, 2015, 02:43 PM.

Any chance of adding energy monitoring? I know the device supports it as it is in the web UI.

Just a thought, it's one of the reasons I got this switch (to know how much energy each outlet used).
    Thanks,
    Frank

Comment

Originally posted by sirmeili View Post
      Any chance of adding energy monitoring? I know the device supports it as it is in the web UI.

Just a thought, it's one of the reasons I got this switch (to know how much energy each outlet used).
      I do plan on adding it at some point

Comment

Just a note, but after the last update .187, I get this. I haven't been able to restart the server yet, so it could be that will fix it. I

Code:
        WARNING: Failed getting InterfaceStatus from MPower - the interface was not found in the list of active interfaces, the list may need to be refreshed.
        I also get this when starting homeseer:
        Code:
        6/12/2015 4:30:12 PM ~!~MPower Warning~!~Error communicating with web server.
        6/12/2015 4:30:13 PM ~!~Error~!~Initializing plug-in(1): MPower Instance::Error on InitIO: Value cannot be null.Parameter name: sStartup Complete, 2 errors detected, check the log for more information.
        Thanks,
        Frank

Comment

Just checking, is this working now with newer versions of HS? This might be the best automated power strip on the market. $99 at Amazon.

HS3 : HSpro (3.0.0.460) on Win2012 (vm on ESXi)
          Plugins: HSTouch, UPBSpud, Kinect, Nest, IFTTT, DirecTV, EasyTrigger, Imperihome, Zwave, RFXcom, UltraMon3, UltraWeatherBug3, UltraGCIR3, UltraLog3, UltraPioneer, PHLocation, Pushover, Pushalot, MCSSPrinklers S, JowiHue
          Jon00 Plugins: Bluetooth Proximity, Performance Monitor, DB Chart, Links

Comment

Originally posted by jlrichar View Post
            Just checking, is this working now with newer versions of HS? This might be the best automated power strip on the market. $99 at Amazon.
            I have not had any issues with it on the latest version

Comment

Went searching for script examples of how to control and monitor an MFI and I find this plugin! Awesome!

I got errors on entering devices but they seemed to be created (and work) anyway. Unfortunately, they created duplicates when I repeatedly tried to enter. I deleted duplicates and all seems well.

FTR, I've got mPower Pro, Mini, 3-port, and an M-port with current sensors (on my mains) all registering with the plugin.

So... power readings? At least "current reading" if not historical feed as a power monitor device yet? Just being able to poll on an adjustable period would be awesome since that's what I expected I'd have to do with a telnet script.

Comment

I'm having to restart this plugin daily to keep it working. Nothing shows in the logs (other than me stop/start). Any suggestions what to look for?

Comment

Hi Eric,

I'm ready to buy some of these power strips, but I'm waiting to see what happens with this plugin. It seems like perhaps you don't have enough time to work on this? If that's the case I guess I can see if someone else wants to write a plugin for the Ubiquity stuff.

Plugins: HSTouch, UPBSpud, Kinect, Nest, IFTTT, DirecTV, EasyTrigger, Imperihome, Zwave, RFXcom, UltraMon3, UltraWeatherBug3, UltraGCIR3, UltraLog3, UltraPioneer, PHLocation, Pushover, Pushalot, MCSSPrinklers S, JowiHue

Comment

Update on my side: dropped down to only two devices and it's been stable. I have nine mPower devices, but I realized that since the plugin only works as an on/off function at this point, I didn't need to add any of the devices that I don't switch on/off.

@jlrichar,

I'm back to HS after ten years away (!) and I was /never/ any good at scripting (copy and pray, pretty much); but I'm confident we can get current current (as in "the current draw at this moment") with a telnet script. I got it to work a bit with OpenRemote when I was testing that, so I'm pretty sure it's do-able here.

We're probably in the same boat: I would sure be stoked if this plugin were working reliably and included power draw features - current value at least, since I can build triggers from that. In a perfect world, I would /love/ if I could use the mPower devices as energy reporting devices in HS. I have an mPort with current draw on my mains, so... sure would be nice.

As another thought... I'm pretty sure it'll be possible to send one-way triggers from mFi to HS - thus using the current triggers in mFi - but... yuck.

Comment

Your earlier post is what had me worried the plugin was just not working at all. Glad to hear it functions. The scripting sounds at least like something can be made to work for energy. The ideal solution would be a full featured plugin. Eric has a couple of nice ones already--so I was really looking forward to what he could do with this one. I hope he finds the time\will to expand this one.

I will order a strip to test.

Thanks for the update.

Comment

They're super cool gadgets, @jlrichar.

Be sure to allocate appropriately for the mFi software. Run it on a 64-bit system so that the Mongo instance runs right. And allocate a LOT of storage (100G?) if you want to keep months of data on a few devices - it doesn't have any housekeeping other than deleting the data based on a timeframe (3 months or whatever).

I'm running it in Ubuntu; but the resource load is the same in Windows. The database will chew up as much space as you give it, basically, over time. And once it does, it won't run any more and you'll be doing manual clean up or dumping your database. Kinda ugly.

But the overall effect of the software is pretty cool. It's no Brultech or TED, but it's just code holding it back. The technology is great.

One neat thing: whether you control a strip from the mFi software, the device's native web, telnet, or the Android software, everything works as expected. At this point, only the mFi server software gathers the historical data. But it's easily accessible by telnet for real-time data if you decide to play with that.

Eric, fix this thing up and charge us for it!

Comment

I do have goals to circle back to this plugin and add some features/fixes. However I'm currently swamped until December. After that it's game on!

Comment

I finally found some time to add a Mpower pro. I am not able to get the plugin to add the device though. Which port does the plugin use to communicate with devices? What else could I be doing wrong?

Comment

Nothing shows up on the plugin when you enter a device. It simply shows up as a device. Have you checked for that?

Comment

Working...
                              X