Jon00 Guestbook discussion

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hi Simon,

Don't feel bad - many a good idea/application comes from looking at something else.

Yes, you could delete via the asp - it just requires a bit of work. When you make an entry to the guestbook, it saves it to a flat file. Each line within this file is a new guestbook entry.

You could put a delete button against each line on the asp which could be referenced to the line count. You would then need to copy the flat file in to an array or temp file, skipping the line that needs deleting. Once done, this would then need to be written back to the original file.

I hope that makes sense!

Regards,

Jon

www.jon00.me.uk/hs.html
    Jon

Comment

Hi there,

Thanks for the guestbook! It's not working at all on my Windows 98 machine, though.

Should I already have the above files in my Includes directory? I don't have them on this computer or the notebook server. What program installs them? Is there anything else I should have installed on the HomeSeer server?

Thanks,
      Jason

Comment

Jason,

Go to the Homeseer updater. You should find Jeff Farmer's excellent Includes package in the list.

Jon

www.jon00.me.uk/hs.html
        Jon

Comment

Thanks!

One of his programs was on my "To Do" list, but I guess I hadn't yet done it. Now, everything is working just fine. You might just get me started down the .ASP road myself.

Jason

Comment

Rather than duplicate, my problem can be found here:
            http://board.homeseer.com/showthread...641#post838641
            Any ideas/suggestions?
            Real courage is not securing your Wi-Fi network.

Comment

I really must update some of these old scripts. I think it still uses the old includes files rather than hs.getpageheader.... or have you changed this yourself yet?
              Jon

Comment

That would be the ticket. No, I had no idea how to do that.

Comment

I'll take a look tomorrow for you.
                  Jon

Comment

Thanks. 'preciate it.
                    Not sure when this went south on me. It was fine last time I checked.

Comment

Jon, Matrix gave me the solution in the other forum. So simple when I think about it now, and applicable when needed in future. Thanks again though.

Comment

Working...
                      X