Jon00 check multiple email & webmail discussion

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Kirk,

You didn't say what the actual problem was. What error messages are you getting in the log when you run the script?

Jon

www.jon00.me.uk/hs.html
    Jon

Comment

I don't know this script personally, but I have both sympatico account and a Rogers high-speed. One difference that I found in sending auto-emails is that the sympatico account requires a valid email address in the "sender" field, whereas my Rogers account doesn't require this.

I don't know if this will help you out or not, but thought it might be useful for you to know what I found.

....Jeff

Comment

The error in my log file is:
        Kirk

http://cleverhouseautomation.ca
        http://southcoastwebsitedesign.ca

Comment

oops I hit enter to soon. My error is as follows:
          The Neuert Faimly POP error: Authoritative answer: Host not Found
          Kirk

http://cleverhouseautomation.ca
          http://southcoastwebsitedesign.ca

Comment

Kirk,

Looks like a login problem. Seems that Sympatico has had a few problems with its email. Here's one google result:

http://www.howardforums.com/showthre...hreadid=188137

Is it working in your normal email client?

Jon
            Jon

Comment

Hi John,

Just discovered this script and it really is brilliant... Thanks !!!

Question: I'd like the script to only speak the name of the sender and not the entire e-mail address or the subject line.... What do I need to do to achieve this ???

Also, even though I see that there hasn't been any movement on this thread since December 03, is there still the chance that you'll update the asp (per Dan-O's request) so messages can be deleted from the web page ??? This would be a great feature.

TIA

--

Comment

axotis,

I do not think that your first request will take much work so stay tuned over the next week or so!

I added the means to read emails via the browser as a rough n ready solution only. It was never intended to replace your email client.
                Because of the way this is written, deleting emails will make the script think that you have downloaded your mail and reset itself. It would then start announcing the remaining emails again the next time it was triggered. Not very satisfactory!

The only other way would be to 'mask' emails from the asp display, which is a much simpler option, and achieve the same effect. I do not intend to look at this immediately but if I find some spare time later this year, I will take a look at this.
                Jon

Comment

Hi Jon,

Thanks for the explaination.... I guess I was looking more so for a way to just clear the messages from the asp display as I read them, sounds like the masking solultion would be the ticket ???

Thanks for helping me out with my "speak" request....

Regards,

Alex

--

Comment

Alex (or anyone else using this script who want's to try this!)

It turns out that masking the pages was easier than I thought. Can you try the attached.

Just copy the 2 asp's into your html folder. It will replace the original Reademail1.asp and add a new one called webmailhide.asp.

Like the original, you can rename the Readmail1.asp (providing you change the details within as well!) for as many mailboxes as you have.

I have not looked at your other request but would like some feedback on this before I put it all together as a updated package.
                    Attached Files
                    Jon

Comment

Jon,

Works great !!!

I especially like the reset (restore) feature.....

Thanks !!!

Alex

--

Comment

Cool...

Actually restore is a better word than reset...I will change it in the updated version.

I'm busy for the next few days but should have something out by next week.

Any comments welcome!
                        Jon

Comment

Guys,

I've updated to V2.2 with all the features requested so far...

Gave me an opportunity to re-code some parts due to my poor knowledge of scripting when I first wrote it!

I hope I have got everything in one package now. Let me know what you think. Its still my favorite script that I have written!
                          Jon

Comment

Will this script work with my yahoo email account?

Comment

Bobby,

If you can read your Yahoo account via a POP email client then yes.
                              Jon

Comment

Hi Jon,

Thanks for the update !!!

I've spent a little time running it and toying with the "speak" options.... I have noticed that if the recipients e-mail address doesn't have a "name" imbedded along with it then nothing is spoken (actually, what I hear is "Alex has received one new e-mail from") if a name is included along with the e-mail address then I get the the complete speech. Is there anyway for the script to announce the e-mail address if no name is included with the address ???

TIA

Alex

--

Comment

Working...
                                X