Jon00 check multiple email & webmail discussion

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Jon00 check multiple email & webmail discussion

Please submit your comments & suggestions here!

Jon

[This message was edited by jon00 on Mon, 15 September 2003 at 05:59 PM.]
    Jon

Hi Jon00,

Very neat. Not sure what Mr. Gates is going to make of e-mail without his beloved Outlook or Outlook Express.

I have one problem though, and it relates to all Scripts, ASP's etc that require to dial out, and that is HSP. There has to be a script somewhere that will get HSP to relinquish it's hold on the modem and allow other prog's script's etc to dial out.

Any ideas, I have searched but not found it on this message board.

Take care,
    Gogs
    sigpic
    A founder member of "The HA Pioneer Group" otherwise known as the "Old farts club!"

Comment

I will try your stuff out when I get a chance and offer suggestions where I see fit.

Thanks again,

Dan-O
      HomeSeer contributor since summer 1999
      Dan-O
      HomeSeer contributor since summer 1999, yes 1999!

Comment

If you wish to send to multiple email addresses, use a semicolon between addresses and not a comma as per the info text.

Easy to fix. Find the word 'comma' in the script and change it to 'semicolon'. I will update this soon.

The modified check multiple email accounts script should be ready very soon! You can read & send emails from all mailboxes via the webserver - testing now.

Jon
        Jon

Comment

File now updated!

Jon
          Jon

Comment

Brilliant,

Thanks Jon00,

Still have not rsolved the porblem of HSP keeping control of the modem and not allowing anyone else to use it.

Gogs.
            sigpic
            A founder member of "The HA Pioneer Group" otherwise known as the "Old farts club!"

Comment

It works great!
              Now I won't have to use my Yahoo account to check my mail at work.

One minor bug. When you click reply, the send to address is blank instead of automatically filling in the address.

Thanks again,

Dan-O
              Dan-O

Comment

Dan,

I have had no problems with this but after further investigation I think I can see what is happening. Try the attached webmailsend.asp instead of the original and see if this works for you.

I will update the zip if it does.

Regards,

Jon
                Attached Files
                Jon

Comment

Gogs,

I do not think HSP can relinquish the port as it would not know when an incoming call was arriving.

It looks like you need a second modem or ADSL!

Thanks for all the comments btw.

Regards,
                  Jon
                  Jon

Comment

Thanks Jon00,

Suspected that might be the case, second modem not a problem, although running out of slots!

Gogs
                    sigpic

Comment

Jon,
                      I just grabbed the new file and will test it out.
                      I had another feature request.
                      How about being able to delete messages off the HS Web Mail page? I get 15-20 spams a day and when I check my mail using the MailBox1.asp page they re-load everytime. It would be great if I could delete them off the HS page, but still leave them on the mail server so I can view/delete them when I'm at my PC at home, just in case I deleted the wrong item which might have been important.
                      Thanks

Dan-O
                      Dan-O

Comment

Your script works well, but I made some changes.
                        When there is a big attachment on an email (5Mb) the script will hang. I changed the Email to be smaller.
                        When there are more then 1 emails, it won't use the customised names, so it has to be used twice. I made 2 calls to it and placed it at the end of the file.
                        I also made a log of the new email adresses in the log file (emailpop). So it will be easy to at them to the script.
                        Because I live in the Netherlands, I translated all the English spoken into Dutch. (sorry for that).

Peter
                        Attached Files
                        Peter

http://ohh.pcgsm.nl

Comment

Thanks for pointing out the errors. I did know about the script hanging on large attachments as I was sent one last month! It was just finding time to correct it. This did not occur on the original script as I did not download this information from the POP account.

I will modify the script to incorporate the changes within the next few days so that the English version is available to all.

Regards,

Jon

www.jon00.me.uk/hs.html
                          Jon

Comment

Version 2.1 uploaded to the scripts library.

Rather than log emails to the Homeseer log, this version allows you to log emails to a log file if you so wish.

Jon

www.jon00.me.uk/hs.html
                            Jon

Comment

I have used this script or a version of it anyway for awhile now. However since I changes from Rogers highspeed(cable) to Sympatico highspeed(Phone DSL) I have not been able to get it to work.

I am wondering why.

My pop3 mail server is POP8.sympatico.ca
                              amd my SMTP server is SMTP1.sympatico.ca

This has changes from the usuall POP3 and SMTP. Is there a way to update this?
                              Kirk

http://cleverhouseautomation.ca
                              http://southcoastwebsitedesign.ca

Comment

Working...
                              X