No announcement yet.

Jon00 check multiple email & webmail discussion

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I'm just off to bed now but will send you a copy tomorrow.
    Jon

Comment

Shad,

I have now sent you the beta via email. Please make any comments on this version at http://board.homeseer.com/showthread.php?t=110112
      Jon

Comment

I am missing something obvious....

Ok, I am new, and I am sure it is something obvious...

When I try to run the config script, I get an error saying there is nothing associated with the extension "ASH".

So either I am trying to run the wrong config routine, am in the wrong directory, or something else.

I want to run the setup/config routine so I can let HS read mail.

I have HS2, I used updater to get Checkmail so all of the routines should be where the should be, and I have check email enabled, so what am I missing.

thanks

Comment

Hi,

You need to enter files with the extension ASH in your web browser which will be decoded by the Homeseer web server.

Enter something like http://localhost/email/Readmail1.ash

or http://HomeseerMachinenameort/email/Readmail1.ash

Obviously set the URL to suit your port settings etc.

Once you have this page up in your browser, you can access the config pages via the icons on that page.
          Jon

Comment

Thanks, that got it !!!
            I was trying to invoke the setup script directly....

Comment

I'm still getting feature requests for this package and have now released version 3.15. Here are the changes since V3.13:

V 3.14 – 21st January 2007

Modified the Readmailx.ash pages so you cannot now delete a single email if there was a previous communications problem with the mail server. This prevents deletion of the wrong email by mistake.

Corrected error on reading file attachment names, which would prevent the email from displaying due to illegal filename characters.

Embedded image code improved.

Modified Homeseer message board coding to reflect upgrade of the board’s software.

Added event triggering on a text string found in the email subject.

Added event triggering on a text string found in the email body.

When deleting a single email or entire mailbox, the script will now only re-check the mail server for that mailbox to improve speed.

New method to check for new mail on the server for a single mailbox.

Small changes to error coding.

V3.15 – 23rd January 2007

Added spam delete buttons. This deletes the email and adds the email address or email address domain to a spam list. Any email received on this list is automatically deleted and not announced.
              Last edited by jon00; January 28, 2007, 03:26 AM.
              Jon

Comment

Weather Warnings - Compatibility problems

Jon,

Recently installed your new POP3 plugin - it was working well; haven't tried most of the features.

Today I installed the "weather warnings" plugin. What a mess! It appears to have hijacked the POP3 mailboxes. The POP3 scripts are still running but I am not sure what is happening. Thought you should know!

Steve Q
                HomeSeer Version: HS3 Pro Edition 3.0.0.368, Operating System: Microsoft Windows 10 - Home, Number of Devices: 373, Number of Events: 666, Enabled Plug-Ins
                2.0.83.0: BLRF, 2.0.10.0: BLUSBUIRT, 3.0.0.75: HSTouch Server, 3.0.0.58: mcsXap, 3.0.0.11: NetCAM, 3.0.0.36: X10, 3.0.1.25: Z-Wave,Alexa,HomeKit

Comment

Steve,

When you say hijacked, are you just talking about the virtual devices?
                  Jon

Comment

I'm not sure? The virtual devices for POP3 are still available - which I set up as M19 thru M21. The weather warning virtual device is set up as P1.

When I try to read mail, I get the following error:

Script Error:
                    File not found: C:\Program Files\HomeSeer 2\html\tcwarnings/email/Readmail1.ash

If I manually go to email/Readmail1.ash - I can read my mail and everything appears to work OK. When I go to the web setup page the link to the readmail1.ash is correctly indicated as email/Readmail1.ash.

Not sure how to fix this?

Steve Q
                    HomeSeer Version: HS3 Pro Edition 3.0.0.368, Operating System: Microsoft Windows 10 - Home, Number of Devices: 373, Number of Events: 666, Enabled Plug-Ins
                    2.0.83.0: BLRF, 2.0.10.0: BLUSBUIRT, 3.0.0.75: HSTouch Server, 3.0.0.58: mcsXap, 3.0.0.11: NetCAM, 3.0.0.36: X10, 3.0.1.25: Z-Wave,Alexa,HomeKit

Comment

Not sure what happened but I re-entered the location of the email/Readmail1.ash into the webpage setup and now everything works OK!

Steve Q

Comment

Steve,

To stop this happening in the future, always put a "/" before the URL i.e. /Email/Readmail1.ash and not Email/Readmail1.ash

This should be done on all links manually created as HST recommends using sub directories from the main HTML folder (which causes your problem) for easy deletion of a plugin/script
                        Jon

Comment

Working...
                        X