No announcement yet.

Jon00 FLIRC/Harmony Remote/Windows Shortcut Control of HS3 & HS4

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

It looks fine. The devices are just sorted differently. I assume you are not running the FLIRC setup software at the same time?
    Jon

Comment

I did have that open earlier to see if the Flirc was receiving commands, but I closed it and still having the issue. If it looks ok to you then I will just tinker with it and see what I can come up with.

Comment

So sorry for resurrecting this older thread on a maybe bit different topic, but I was looking to use a Delgato StreamDeck to trigger events/actions in HomeSeer. The StreamDeck is connected to my normal workstation by USB, and HS3 is running on another system on the same network. Could this plugin be used in any way for it? Or has anyone seen another way of doing it?

I guess if I was able to run JSON commands on key-press on the StreamDeck, that would solve the question. But I have never used JSON, so I am not sure how I can build command-line strings that I could then run with key-press on the StreamDeck.

Any tips would be greatly appreciated.

Comment

Actually, without the need of JSON, the StreamDeck allows sending URL in the background, and that seems to be the easiest way to just send JSON URLs directly. So maybe nothing else is needed.

Comment

Originally posted by TomB View Post
            Actually, without the need of JSON, the StreamDeck allows sending URL in the background, and that seems to be the easiest way to just send JSON URLs directly. So maybe nothing else is needed.
            You can find the JSON documentation here: http://help.homeseer.com/help/ASCII-JSON/static/
            Jon

Comment

Originally posted by TomB View Post
              So sorry for resurrecting this older thread on a maybe bit different topic, but I was looking to use a Delgato StreamDeck to trigger events/actions in HomeSeer. The StreamDeck is connected to my normal workstation by USB, and HS3 is running on another system on the same network. Could this plugin be used in any way for it? Or has anyone seen another way of doing it?

I guess if I was able to run JSON commands on key-press on the StreamDeck, that would solve the question. But I have never used JSON, so I am not sure how I can build command-line strings that I could then run with key-press on the StreamDeck.

Any tips would be greatly appreciated.
              I don't think this plugin can be used for Elgato Stream Deck - this plugin receives IR commands using Flirc IR receiver. I think for Elgato you should start a new thread.

I was actually looking into using Elgato as a controller for HS - by creating a plugin for it - which would be possible because Elgato provide SDK for plugin development. But not sure how useful it would be, especially because it's USB, not WiFi.

What do you think?

Comment

Originally posted by jon00 View Post

You can find the JSON documentation here: http://help.homeseer.com/help/ASCII-JSON/static/
                jon00 there seems to be no info on JSON there

Comment

Originally posted by alexbk66 View Post

jon00 there seems to be no info on JSON there
                  Do you not see a folder both on the left-hand side and below marked 'JSON Control Interface'?

Edit: scrub that. I see what you are talking about.

https://homeseer.com/support/homeseer/HS3/hs3sdk.pdf (Page 5 onward)
                  Jon

Comment

V1.0.2 is now available:

Changes since 1.0.1:

Updated compatibility with HS4.
                    Added optional step parameter to CAPIVariable setting.
                    Jon

Comment

I am trying to get this plug in working on a remote machine that is controlled by my harmony hub. I can't seem to get it to connect. On the Homeseer machine it starts fine, connects, and adds the devices. When I run it the same thing on my remote computer (with INI set to Clientno=2) it does not connect. Things I have done to troubleshoot:
                      • Added the Jon00Flirc.exe to the windows firewall exceptions
                      • Verified that the remote computer can open the Homeseer machines web page
                      Am I missing a step? Any suggestions?

Thanks,
                      Jonathan

Comment

Check you have port 10400 TCP open between the two PC's.
                        Jon

Comment

Opening the port fixed the problem! Thanks.

Next question (sorry :-)) When I go to configure the home control buttons on my remote, the harmony software tells me I don't have any home control devices. Which device did you add to get access to the buttons?

Comment

It's a very long time since I looked at this but my remote has buttons to control Philips lights and outlets. Look at the picture on page 11 of the docs.

If you have already configured these for lighting control then they will not be available.
                            Jon

Comment

This is a nice plugin. I recently purchased an HS Pro Controller after running HS3 on Linux laptop for years. I'm not a fan of Windows (or Apple) but I wanted to play with HSTouch and a few other things so I held my nose and pulled the trigger.

All of my electronics are in a utility area so I was able to plug the Flirc directly into the Controller and set it up as client number 1. I use URC remotes that transmit RF which is then converted to IR and distributed to the equipment via Xantech distribution devices and emitters so all I had to do there was plug the Flirc into the controller and stick on an emitter. It all works like a charm.

FWIW, it is possible to operate the devices created by the plugin remotely from a Linux computer. All that needs to be done is to establish an RDP connection to the HomeTroller Pro and plug the Flirc into the remote client. I tried it with a Raspberry Pi Zero and it was flawless. I'm sure it would be easy to create a script that connected automatically at client startup, but I didn't go there because I don't need it.

This method eliminates the need for a Windows PC at the IR source(s) and with a little bit of tweaking multiple clients could be installed throughout the house at very low cost.

Comment

I should add that all that needs to be done to make the HomeTroller client number 1 is to follow jon00's excellent directions and use localhost (127.0.0.1) as the server IP address. After that Bob's you're uncle. You can set the HomeTroller up to accept multiple RDP connections and use the cheapest little Linux boxes with Flirc's attached as clients all over the house.

If you use URC or some other brand of remote with a robust RF system one or two strategically located clients might serve the whole house. I have some spare URC RF receivers so I may play around with this.

Comment

Working...
                                X