Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• chewie
    replied
    Nope, system is Windows 8 (I know, I need to upgrade) running a Core i3 with 16GB of RAM. It sits generally at between 10-20% CPU with occasional spikes (From my Plex Media Server) and the memory usage is sitting at 40%. There is about 15% free space on the SSD that it is running on.

I am wondering if something happened when I first set it up? If you look at the screenshot I sent above it does not look the same as the one in your doc. Should I go ahead and delete all of the Devices and re set it up to see if something odd happened when I first did it?

Leave a comment:

• jon00
    replied
    Please explain how you are testing this? What Windows hardware is this? It it always under high CPU?

I use this every day with my Harmony remote without issue. For example if you set an event to trigger when you push Alt+Shift+1 (as shown in the docs), you should be able to press that key combination every second at it should run that event each time. Just tested it here again with the event speaking "Hello" and it never fails to trigger when I press that key combination.

Leave a comment:

• chewie
    replied
    Yesterday it was not working at all. Today when I hit the combo on the keyboard it worked a couple of times, but then stopped working. It is very hit or miss. Not sure why.

Leave a comment:

• jon00
    replied
    What happens if you manually select Alt+Shift+1 on the keyboard you have the plugin running on?

Leave a comment:

• chewie
    replied
    I am having an issue with getting this setup. I have the Flirc installed and have learned the codes to it, so when I press Pause on my Harmony remote if I have the Flirc console open it shows Alt+Shift+1 being pressed. I have the plug in running and below is a screenshot of what my HS home page shows. However, the plug in does not appear to be picking up my commands as nothing ever happens or logs within HS.

Any thoughts?

Leave a comment:

• jon00
    replied
    I would have thought so. It can learn virtually any IR command.

Leave a comment:

• _ThaNerd_
    replied
    Can global cache ip2ir send ir to flirc?

Leave a comment:

• jon00
    replied
    For you second point, that's because it is actively monitoring the keyboard. As well as the mouse, you can also use the keyboard to tell the GUI which keys you want to record.

Leave a comment:

• alexbk66
    replied
    Originally posted by jon00 View Post
    You should not need the FLIRC GUI running. Once programmed it just works. How did you program the FLIRC?
    I know -that's why I'm concerned. I programmed Flirc using the Flirc gui - full keyboard - then learn Alt-Shift-1, etc.
    Regarding the 'ding' it sounds like you have some application running (browser, word etc) which is intercepting the shortcuts.
    Hmm, but then when I start Flirc gui - it stops dinging...

Leave a comment:

• jon00
    replied
    You should not need the FLIRC GUI running. Once programmed it just works. How did you program the FLIRC? Regarding the 'ding' it sounds like you have some application running (browser, word etc) which is intercepting the shortcuts.

Leave a comment:

• alexbk66
    replied
    Yes, hence the name of this thread includes "Windows Shortcut Control"
    Yeah, but then I don't get why it doesn't work for me without Flirc gui? Something really strange here. Is it possible that Flirc driver somehow affects the functionality? BTW, when I press Alt-Shift-XX combinations - Windows does this 'ding' sound...

Leave a comment:

• jon00
    replied
    Originally posted by alexbk66 View Post
    Correct me if I'm wrong - the plugin is simply monitoring keyboard for combinations like Alt-Shift-1. Flirc driver in turn emulates the key combinations when receive IR commands? Which means that the plugin should work without Flirc - by just using keyboard?
    Yes, hence the name of this thread includes "Windows Shortcut Control"

Leave a comment:

• alexbk66
    replied
    You would need to pair your Harmony to your Windows Computer (as a device) using Bluetooth. This may only be possible on newer Harmony Hubs.
    Ok, and then it should be possible to trigger HS events?

Leave a comment:

• alexbk66
    replied
    Not very stable

I realized that after reboot it stops working, I have to open Flirc gui to make it work again. I guess it's not too normal.

Correct me if I'm wrong - the plugin is simply monitoring keyboard for combinations like Alt-Shift-1. Flirc driver in turn emulates the key combinations when receive IR commands? Which means that the plugin should work without Flirc - by just using keyboard?

Anyway, what I had to do - use BLAppLauncher to start Jo00Flirc.exe and Flirc.exe - now it seems to work after reboot.

Leave a comment:

• jon00
    replied
    You would need to pair your Harmony to your Windows Computer (as a device) using Bluetooth. This may only be possible on newer Harmony Hubs.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X