No announcement yet.

Jon00 Harmony Control

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I believe there is a bug where it will only create devices when first run. You may have to delete all the devices created and restart Homeseer.
    Jon

Comment

To confirm - I go into Homeseer and delete all of the devices then restart everything? Thanks.

Comment

cmd window not shutting down?

per the manual - i have set ShowCMDWindow=0 in the settings section of Jon00HarmonyHub1.ini

however the CMD window stays open, note i also tried setting it =2 & likewise it doesnt shutdown after 30S.. stays open indefinitely.

I shutdown the cmd window AND also the exe file (in the tray)
        , then restarted .exe file (with admin priveledges) ... cmd window opens and stays open.

am i missing something?
        does something else need shutting down ? restarting?

The plugin is working just fine - my compliments ...

Comment

You may need to restart Windows as you may have an orphaned cmd window running.
          Jon

Comment

jon.
            unfortunately that didnt fix it.
            did a complete restart of WIN10 PC.
            FYI
            Im starting the exe file using R2studios “startup delayer”
            I double checked the ini file settings (currently have “ShowCmdWindow=0)

its not a big issue ... everything appears to work as expected

Comment

For what it is worth - I didn't know this option existed so I went in and added the flag and rebooted and it worked fine. However, I am running Windows 7 on my Homeseer server at present. Still in the process of moving to a new Windows 10 server.

Comment

thanks for reprt and test .. its quite weird i know ... ive triple checked the ini file... wondering if i have put some weird hidden character in there,
                i might delete that line and retype it manually

Comment

jon, it eventually started working as epxected - and for no reason that i could determine ... weird i know, there was a couple of HS and WIN10 restarts involved .. cant understand
                  why it didnt work after the first restart,
                  .. anyway... all good thx.

Comment

Originally posted by gregy View Post
                    jon, it eventually started working as epxected - and for no reason that i could determine ... weird i know, there was a couple of HS and WIN10 restarts involved .. cant understand
                    why it didnt work after the first restart,
                    .. anyway... all good thx.
                    Good to hear. Really not sure why you had this issue...one of those things with Windows?
                    Jon

Comment

I have moved HS3 to a new PC and can't get the plugin to work. My old machine was Windows 7 and the new one is Windows 10. I moved Homeseer by copying the HS3 directory. I also moved the Harmony directory and updated the IP of the HS3 server etc. I am getting the following errors and I don't see the CMD windows open for either hub, I can't figure out what I am doing wrong - any thoughts? Thanks.

Jan-09 23:35:02 Jon00_Harmony Activities enabled
                      Jan-09 23:35:02 Jon00_Harmony Hub 2 - No activities found
                      Jan-09 23:34:58 Jon00_Harmony Hub 2 - Activity Trigger Delay is set to 20 seconds
                      Jan-09 23:34:58 Jon00_Harmony Hub 2 - Restful IPAddress: LocalHost
                      Jan-09 23:34:58 Jon00_Harmony Hub 2 - Restful Web Port Number: 16702
                      Jan-09 23:34:58 Jon00_Harmony Hub 2 - Reading....
                      Jan-09 23:34:58 Jon00_Harmony Hub 1 - No activities found
                      Jan-09 23:34:54 Jon00_Harmony Hub 1 - Activity Trigger Delay is set to 20 seconds
                      Jan-09 23:34:54 Jon00_Harmony Hub 1 - Restful Web Port Number: 16701
                      Jan-09 23:34:54 Jon00_Harmony Hub 1 - Restful IPAddress: LocalHost
                      Jan-09 23:34:54 Jon00_Harmony Hub 1 - Reading....
                      Jan-09 23:34:42 Jon00_Harmony Hub1 ERROR: restful-harmony-1.0.0.jar is not running!
                      Jan-09 23:34:42 Jon00_Harmony Hub 2 - restful-harmony-1.0.0.jar is running!
                      Jan-09 23:34:42 Jon00_Harmony Button Delay: 100 milliseconds
                      Jan-09 23:34:42 Jon00_Harmony Java Info: java version "1.8.0_271" Java(TM) SE Runtime Environment (build 1.8.0_271-b09) Java HotSpot(TM) 64-Bit Server VM (build 25.271-b09, mixed mode)
                      Jan-09 23:34:42 Jon00_Harmony Java Info: java version "1.8.0_271" Java(TM) SE Runtime Environment (build 1.8.0_271-b09) Java HotSpot(TM) 64-Bit Server VM (build 25.271-b09, mixed mode)
                      Jan-09 23:34:42 Jon00_Harmony Activity Poll Timer is set to 5 seconds
                      Jan-09 23:34:42 Jon00_Harmony Client: 1
                      Jan-09 23:34:42 Jon00_Harmony Version 1.0.6
                      Jan-09 23:34:42 Jon00_Harmony Connected to Homeseer

ini file

[Settings]
                      ActivityPollTime=5
                      ShowCmdWindow=1
                      StartUpDelay=20
                      Auto=1

[Hub1]
                      HarmonyHubIPAddress=192.168.2.127
                      RestfulIPAddress=LocalHost
                      RestfulPort=16701
                      DisableDevices=0

[Hub2]
                      HarmonyHubIPAddress=192.168.2.159
                      RestfulIPAddress=LocalHost
                      RestfulPort=16702
                      DisableDevices=0

Comment

How are you starting the plugin? Look at the Testing section in the docs regarding possible permissions issues.
                        Jon

Comment

I am using Startup Delayer but this is proving to be problematic on my new Windows 10 server so I am bypassing this for now and loading manually. In Startup Delayer I am specifying the Jon00Harmony executable and launching with highest privileges. This produces an error about a prompt being cancelled and something to do with UAC. I have UAC disabled so I am not sure what is going on here, but Blue Iris is throwing the same error on this machine and I will look into that later.

So I am manually starting Jon00Harmony by right clicking and run as administrator. When I start homeseer I get either one pop-up window (which is an improvement) or no pop-up window depending on the setting in Jon00HarmonyHub1.ini.

If I specify the IP address for the Homeseer machine in both hub sections in Jon00HarmonyHub1.ini I get this and one pop-up window:

Code:
                          Activities enabled
                          Hub 2 - No activities found
                          Hub 1 - Timer Started
                          Hub 1 - Reading....
                          Hub 1 - Restful IPAddress: localhost
                          Hub 1 - Restful Web Port Number: 16701
                          Hub 1 - Activity Trigger Delay is set to 20 seconds
                          Hub 1 - Activity found: PowerOff
                          Hub 1 - Activity found: Watch a DVD
                          Hub 1 - Activity found: Watch TV
                          Hub 1 - Activity found: Watch Photos
                          Hub 1 - 4 activities found
                          Hub 1 - Current activity is 'PowerOff'
                          Hub 1 - Device found: TCL TV
                          Hub 1 - Device found: Sony Amp
                          Hub 1 - Device found: Sony Blu-ray Player
                          Hub 1 - Device found: Apple TV
                          Hub 1 - 4 devices found
                          Hub 2 - Reading....
                          Hub 2 - Restful IPAddress: localhost
                          Hub 2 - Restful Web Port Number: 16702
                          Hub 2 - Activity Trigger Delay is set to 20 seconds
                          Connected to Homeseer
                          Client: 1
                          Version 1.0.6
                          Activity Poll Timer is set to 5 seconds
                          Java Info: java version 1.8.0_271""
                          Hub 2 - restful-harmony-1.0.0.jar is running!
                          Button Delay: 100 milliseconds
                          If I specify localhost for the Homeseer machine in both hub sections in Jon00HarmonyHub1.ini I get this:

Code:
                          Activities enabled
                          Hub 2 - No activities found
                          Hub 1 - No activities found
                          Hub 2 - Reading....
                          Hub 2 - Restful IPAddress: 192.168.2.70
                          Hub 2 - Restful Web Port Number: 16702
                          Hub 2 - Activity Trigger Delay is set to 20 seconds
                          Hub 1 - Reading....
                          Hub 1 - Restful IPAddress: 192.168.2.70
                          Hub 1 - Restful Web Port Number: 16701
                          Hub 1 - Activity Trigger Delay is set to 20 seconds
                          Connected to Homeseer
                          Client: 1
                          Version 1.0.6
                          Activity Poll Timer is set to 5 seconds
                          Hub 1 - restful-harmony-1.0.0.jar is running!
                          Hub 2 - restful-harmony-1.0.0.jar is running!
                          A bit of a head scratcher. The only other piece of information I can add is that I had HA-Bridge on the old machine but not running. I stopped using it a while ago. I notice that you reference HA-Bridge in the download page for the plugin but that may be irrelevant to this issue.

I am happy to completely uninstall the plugin and reinstall if that might help. Just would need to know what needs to be wiped out for a complete uninstall? Thanks.

Comment

I'm really not sure. Have you checked the second hub can be reached by swapping the HarmonyHubIPAddress address over?
                            Jon

Comment

Ok, I did some more testing. I watched the server more closely this time and noticed it was in fact opening up two windows and then the second one closed after about 20 seconds. It only showed two lines in the window before closing. I tried swapping the hub configurations in the ini file and it did the same thing, loading only one, but it loaded the same hub both times.

So on a whim I rebooted the hub and also turned XMPP off and on again, and lo and behold the next time I booted it loaded fine. So the hub, although working, was apparently in some state that it wasn't responding to the requests and the popup window I guess times out?

Comment

Working...
                              X