Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Jon00 Harmony Control

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • #31
    I don't really know. The hub would only be polled for devices and activities on startup and then Activity polling as defined by you. If anything was going to affect your hub, it would be the activity polling. The fact one is fine but the other is not is a mystery.

    My suggestion would be to exit the plugin but keep the jar file running. See what that does.
    Jon

    Comment


    • #32
      V1.0.4 Available

      Version 1.0.4 is now available.

      This version corrects an issue where activities changed from an event, may swap back to their original activity.
      Jon

      Comment


      • #33
        Originally posted by jon00 View Post
        Version 1.0.4 is now available.

        This version corrects an issue where activities changed from an event, may swap back to their original activity.
        thank Jon00 I 'll give this version a try.

        edit:

        It is good so far.
        I like the command hs.waitsecs !!

        Question: can i set the waitrtime as i like with this command ?
        ex: hs.waitsecs(0.654) will it take into account the .054 sec?


        i am tring to overide the automatic hdmi cec arc input that my sound bar goes when i turn on the tv.
        Sometimes it works i can override it with an aux input command , but sometimes it doesnt.

        For now i send three time the aux input command just to be sure.... but when the timing is not on time, my music stop for .5 sec ( goes to arc tv input then goes to aux input)
        Last edited by MattL0; February 2nd, 2018, 08:54 PM.

        Comment


        • #34
          Originally posted by Summerguy View Post
          thank Jon00 I 'll give this version a try.

          edit:

          It is good so far.
          I like the command hs.waitsecs !!

          Question: can i set the waitrtime as i like with this command ?
          ex: hs.waitsecs(0.654) will it take into account the .054 sec?


          i am tring to overide the automatic hdmi cec arc input that my sound bar goes when i turn on the tv.
          Sometimes it works i can override it with an aux input command , but sometimes it doesnt.

          For now i send three time the aux input command just to be sure.... but when the timing is not on time, my music stop for .5 sec ( goes to arc tv input then goes to aux input)
          You can set the hs.waitsecs command to anything you want so hs.waitsecs(0.654) will wait 0.654 seconds or 654 milliseconds.
          Jon

          Comment


          • #35
            Originally posted by jon00 View Post
            You can set the hs.waitsecs command to anything you want so hs.waitsecs(0.654) will wait 0.654 seconds or 654 milliseconds.
            Thank you Jon

            Comment


            • #36
              Are there any plans for a Linux version of this plugin? Be nice for us raspbian fans

              Comment


              • #37
                Originally posted by spicuzza View Post
                Are there any plans for a Linux version of this plugin? Be nice for us raspbian fans
                Sorry, there are no plans to do so.
                Jon

                Comment


                • #38
                  Thanks for the quick reply.

                  Comment


                  • #39
                    Harmony Control serious problem

                    Hi Jon,
                    When I select an activity, it cycles the equipment associated with that activity on the Harmony Hub ON, OFF, ON, OFF, ON, OFF, etc.
                    I changed the poll time in the .ini file to various values and it doesn't make a difference.
                    Unfortunately, this makes the plugin/script unusable for two reasons; 1) the only way to stop the behavior is to kill the java processes in the cmd windows, and 2) I don't trust leaving them running when I'm not present since they appear to communicate with the Hub even when a specific action is selected in the HS3 events interface.
                    I am running 1.0.6 according to the logfile.
                    I would really like to have the functionality that this offers but it has not yet been reliable. Thanks for your help.
                    Joel

                    Comment


                    • #40
                      Odd. When you say selecting an Activity, is this from the Remote/App or via Homeseer?

                      When you say ON, OFF etc, is this the Activity switching between PowerOff and the Activity again or something else. I cannot see how any hub devices can change state on their own.

                      I forgot to add - you need to stop and restart the plugin if you make changes to most of the timer settings.
                      Last edited by jon00; February 23rd, 2018, 08:04 AM.
                      Jon

                      Comment


                      • #41
                        ON/OFF Cycling

                        Originally posted by jon00 View Post
                        Odd. When you say selecting an Activity, is this from the Remote/App or via Homeseer?

                        When you say ON, OFF etc, is this the Activity switching between PowerOff and the Activity again or something else. I cannot see how any hub devices can change state on their own.

                        I forgot to add - you need to stop and restart the plugin if you make changes to most of the timer settings.
                        Via Homeseer > View Devices page.

                        Yes, when I select an activity like "Watch Netflix" or any other activity, it cycles my equipment on and off and the value in the Homeseer Activity box changes back and forth between this and "PowerOff."

                        Other than stopping and starting the restful java processes, I'm not sure how to stop and start the plugin, unless this is done when I start Homeseer itself, which I do frequently when testing these things.

                        I have two other issues worth mentioning. The restful java process CMDs stay open even when I make the change in the Settings file that you specify.

                        Also, does the PowerOff Activity stop any activity and only the AV devices in use, or does it just send a power cycle command to all of the Harmony devices? I'm hoping that it knows only the devices in use by polling the Harmony Hub.

                        Thanks much for your prompt reply. Much appreciated.

                        By the way, I'm attempting to use the Alexa helper to setup some things to control the Harmony plugin. This is when I discovered the issues above regarding the Activity cycling ON/OFF.

                        Comment


                        • #42
                          The activities are as you have defined them via the hub. By default, activities switch off devices that are not required when you switch to another. This can be changed in the activity settings. There are no actions on hub devices directly. I suggest you have a play with switching activities via your remote/app to see how they work.

                          The Java process is dumb and will do nothing unless the plugin tells it to do something. It can be left running without issue. To stop the plugin, right-click on the blue icon (which is my attempt to look like a remote control) and select exit to stop it.

                          What is the duration of the On/Off sequence?
                          Jon

                          Comment


                          • #43
                            Thanks Jon.
                            I don't have a Harmony Hub Activity called "PowerOff" so I'm wondering if this plugin listed activity is smart enough to know to only cycle power on the devices that are engaged for the Harmony activity. I'm assuming the "PowerOff" emulates tapping the on/off icon in the Harmony app interface for an activity that is active.

                            The Activity in HS3 is cycling ON/OFF/ON/OFF... about as fast as it takes to power the activity devices on my AV system and refresh the HS3 screen, maybe each 8 seconds. My AV equipment sure gets a power cycling workout.

                            Thanks.

                            Comment


                            • #44
                              Originally posted by joelbean View Post
                              Thanks Jon.
                              I don't have a Harmony Hub Activity called "PowerOff" so I'm wondering if this plugin listed activity is smart enough to know to only cycle power on the devices that are engaged for the Harmony activity. I'm assuming the "PowerOff" emulates tapping the on/off icon in the Harmony app interface for an activity that is active.
                              All Harmony hubs internally have an activity called "PowerOff" which is run when you press the "Off" button the remote or in the phone app. It wont' show up in the phone apps

                              If your HS device is missing it, then something might be wrong. As Jon said, try doing it via the remote or phone app and see if you have the same problem.

                              My suggestion, if you are missing eh PowerOff activity from your HS device, would be to wipe out all devices and configs for Jon's plugin and start over.
                              Thanks,
                              Frank

                              Comment


                              • #45
                                Originally posted by jon00 View Post
                                The activities are as you have defined them via the hub. By default, activities switch off devices that are not required when you switch to another. This can be changed in the activity settings. There are no actions on hub devices directly. I suggest you have a play with switching activities via your remote/app to see how they work.

                                The Java process is dumb and will do nothing unless the plugin tells it to do something. It can be left running without issue. To stop the plugin, right-click on the blue icon (which is my attempt to look like a remote control) and select exit to stop it.

                                What is the duration of the On/Off sequence?
                                Jon,
                                I still can't find the blue icon to right click and turn off the plugin. This plugin doesn't show up in plugins. I followed your installation exactly. What am I missing?
                                Thanks.

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X