X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• jon00
    replied
    Originally posted by joelbean View Post
    This happened with my brand new Harmony Ultra hub.
    The only pain is re-establishing events where the device IDs changed.
    Resetting and reloading the Harmony Hub is straight forward. Just use the MyHarmony app (Logitech stores your information on their server) on your PC or your Android/iPhone to resynch what they have on their server to your newly reset Harmony Hub.

This cleared everything up for me. So, the problem has to either be with garbage remaining in the Hub or, I doubt this, Jon's polling of Hub values misses something. It might be worth checking I suppose, but I tend to think the problem is with Harmony garbage cleanup problems.
    Unfortunately, I have no control over this so I can only make people aware. Do you have associated remotes with your hub or control via an app only?

Leave a comment:

• jon00
    replied
    Jon,
    I have now deleted the Harmony skills and all but the Homeseer Automation Skill and am attempting to use only your Harmony plugin and Alexa helper. I'm one of the people that has multiple Echos and Harmony Hubs - what a pain to get them to behave, but I think your plugin and helper may be the way forward. So far, I've had to use a different Amazon account to register the hubs separately, but this has a bunch of problems with using other features of Echos that are in the same household.

Two things:
    1) I hate having to tell Alexa "Tell Homeseer to..." I'm hoping that you know of a solution to pair an Echo with a particular Harmony hub in your wisdom.
    2) I can't figure out how to change volume on my reciever up or down a user-specified number of units, OR to a particular volume setting.

If you have a solution to this, you could be famous!
    Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks.
    Looks like I'm not going to be famous. I believe that different Amazon accounts is still the only way. I can't answer No 2 either

Leave a comment:

• joelbean
    replied
    Originally posted by jon00 View Post
    This is interesting. I have a relatively new hub (Nov 2017) and don't see this behavior. I'm wondering if this is a characteristic of older hubs?
    This happened with my brand new Harmony Ultra hub.
    The only pain is re-establishing events where the device IDs changed.
    Resetting and reloading the Harmony Hub is straight forward. Just use the MyHarmony app (Logitech stores your information on their server) on your PC or your Android/iPhone to resynch what they have on their server to your newly reset Harmony Hub.

This cleared everything up for me. So, the problem has to either be with garbage remaining in the Hub or, I doubt this, Jon's polling of Hub values misses something. It might be worth checking I suppose, but I tend to think the problem is with Harmony garbage cleanup problems.

Leave a comment:

• jon00
    replied
    Hello again.
    This resembles the problem that I had where no matter what I did, I couldn't get rid of a virtual device and I couldn't get a new one added to the Harmony to show in the plugin.
    The only thing that worked was to do a hard reset on the Harmony Hub, then reload the devices and activities from MyHarmony site. I then deleted all of the virtual devices and let your plugin rebuild everything from scratch. Then, everything was synchronized again. It was a pain since the device IDs all changed and made my events break, but it worked in the end.
    This leads me to believe that the Harmony Hub itself gets messed up in what it stores. Only a plugin like yours would ever uncover a Harmony issue like this. My two cents.
    Originally posted by mikee123 View Post
    That sounds like a real pain. Dont even know how to download everything back from the my harmony site. I will try Jon00's suggestion first and delete all devices. My feeling is it wont solve the problem... I will need time to try, probably weekend after next. Google should help reading of how to download everything back onto a reset harmony hub. Going to take some time restoring events, pairing with the shield etc
    This is interesting. I have a relatively new hub (Nov 2017) and don't see this behavior. I'm wondering if this is a characteristic of older hubs?

Leave a comment:

• mikee123
    replied
    Hello again.
    This resembles the problem that I had where no matter what I did, I couldn't get rid of a virtual device and I couldn't get a new one added to the Harmony to show in the plugin.
    The only thing that worked was to do a hard reset on the Harmony Hub, then reload the devices and activities from MyHarmony site. I then deleted all of the virtual devices and let your plugin rebuild everything from scratch. Then, everything was synchronized again. It was a pain since the device IDs all changed and made my events break, but it worked in the end.
    This leads me to believe that the Harmony Hub itself gets messed up in what it stores. Only a plugin like yours would ever uncover a Harmony issue like this. My two cents.
    That sounds like a real pain. Dont even know how to download everything back from the my harmony site. I will try Jon00's suggestion first and delete all devices. My feeling is it wont solve the problem... I will need time to try, probably weekend after next. Google should help reading of how to download everything back onto a reset harmony hub. Going to take some time restoring events, pairing with the shield etc

Leave a comment:

• joelbean
    replied
    Volume control

Jon,
    I have now deleted the Harmony skills and all but the Homeseer Automation Skill and am attempting to use only your Harmony plugin and Alexa helper. I'm one of the people that has multiple Echos and Harmony Hubs - what a pain to get them to behave, but I think your plugin and helper may be the way forward. So far, I've had to use a different Amazon account to register the hubs separately, but this has a bunch of problems with using other features of Echos that are in the same household.

Two things:
    1) I hate having to tell Alexa "Tell Homeseer to..." I'm hoping that you know of a solution to pair an Echo with a particular Harmony hub in your wisdom.
    2) I can't figure out how to change volume on my reciever up or down a user-specified number of units, OR to a particular volume setting.

If you have a solution to this, you could be famous!
    Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks.

Leave a comment:

• joelbean
    replied
    Orphaned/Phantom devices

Hello again.

Leave a comment:

• jon00
    replied
    All I can suggest is that you delete the virtual devices, delete Jon00HarmonyHubData1.ini and restart.

Leave a comment:

• mikee123
    replied
    Just to try, I have closed the restful api, then rebooted HS3 (just to make sure everything is shut down). Restarted the restful api, then HS3. As before, its found all the right devices in the log, but it has not reflected that in the devices. Roku is still there, Lutron is missing
    I tried using the remote today on the shield device. Its changed the time stamp on the device,although showing Volume Up while I was actually sending sleep, so there is some communication

Attached Files
    Last edited by mikee123; March 4, 2018, 01:46 PM.

Leave a comment:

• jon00
    replied
    I really don't know what you are doing but I've tested this on numerous occasions. After making changes to the hub, you have to shutdown the resful API (Command line) and plugin. When both restarted, the Restful API then reads the hub and the plugin reads the API.

Leave a comment:

• mikee123
    replied
    When I made the changes it was running, but since I have shut down and restarted plenty of times

Leave a comment:

• jon00
    replied
    Did you shutdown the restful command window after making any changes?

Leave a comment:

• mikee123
    replied
    I thought the problem was solved after looking at my log:

Mar-04 09:30:57 Jon00_Harmony Hub 1 - Selected Activity is 'PowerOff'
    Mar-04 09:30:57 Jon00_Harmony Hub 1 - Timer Started
    Mar-04 09:30:57 Jon00_Harmony Hub 1 - 6 devices found
    Mar-04 09:30:57 Jon00_Harmony Hub 1 - Device found: Kitchen
    Mar-04 09:30:57 Jon00_Harmony Hub 1 - Device found: NVIDIA Shield
    Mar-04 09:30:57 Jon00_Harmony Hub 1 - Device found: Living Room
    Mar-04 09:30:57 Jon00_Harmony Hub 1 - Device found: Gym
    Mar-04 09:30:57 Jon00_Harmony Hub 1 - Device found: Sofa Lamp
    Mar-04 09:30:57 Jon00_Harmony Hub 1 - Device found: Lutron Light Controller
    Mar-04 09:30:57 Jon00_Harmony Hub 1 - Current activity is 'PowerOff'
    Mar-04 09:30:57 Jon00_Harmony Hub 1 - 3 activities found
    Mar-04 09:30:57 Jon00_Harmony Hub 1 - Activity found: PowerOff
    Mar-04 09:30:57 Jon00_Harmony Hub 1 - Activity found: Lamp red
    Mar-04 09:30:57 Jon00_Harmony Hub 1 - Activity found: Lamp blue
    Mar-04 09:30:57 Jon00_Harmony Hub 1 - Activity Trigger Delay is set to 20 seconds
    Mar-04 09:30:57 Jon00_Harmony Hub 1 - Restful Web Port Number: 16701
    Mar-04 09:30:57 Jon00_Harmony Hub 1 - Restful IPAddress: LocalHost
    Mar-04 09:30:57 Jon00_Harmony Hub 1 - Reading....

but, its still not working. Also it has not taken away the Roku device (although its not showing in the log any more), and it has not created the Lutron device.

Leave a comment:

• mikee123
    replied
    Yes ! A reboot of the harmony hub was all it needed. So simple...

Leave a comment:

• jon00
    replied
    Ok, that's why it is doing nothing!

I would suggest you check your IP settings and reboot your Harmony Hub. Then close down the command Window and plugin and then restart it.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X