X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• rprade
    replied
    Originally posted by deanrparry View Post
    Had a quick look at this and it pegged my cpu instantly at 100% anybody else noticed a large impact on cpu usage? if not i shall compile some logs for you if that would help for debugging?

Many thanks
    My system still hovers between 20-25% with the .exe running. The .exe usually runs between 0 and 0.2%. 5 second polling with 3 hubs.

Leave a comment:

• sirmeili
    replied
    I7 6700k that's one hell of an automation server lol ;-) no wonder your cpu laughs at it!
    It also doubles as my Plex server so I need the power for transcoding for the house and my family outside the house :-)

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

Leave a comment:

• deanrparry
    replied
    Running it on a nas synology ds916+ in virtualization, windows 7, 4 core + 4gb ram idle is approx 2-5%

Will try again tomorrow maybe I've overlooked something silly...

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk

Leave a comment:

• jon00
    replied
    Had a quick look at this and it pegged my cpu instantly at 100% anybody else noticed a large impact on cpu usage? if not i shall compile some logs for you if that would help for debugging?

Many thanks
    There is nothing I can debug. Mine is currently showing 0.1 to 0.2 CPU%

What PC hardware are you running and what CPU is Homeseer taking?

Leave a comment:

• deanrparry
    replied
    Originally posted by sirmeili View Post
    I'm not seeing that on my system (Windows Server 2012r2 Essentials with an i7-6700k and 16GB ram). It actually uses very little CPU on my system (I have it set to poll 1 hub every 5 seconds).
    I7 6700k that's one hell of an automation server lol ;-) no wonder your cpu laughs at it!

Leave a comment:

• sirmeili
    replied

Many thanks
    I'm not seeing that on my system (Windows Server 2012r2 Essentials with an i7-6700k and 16GB ram). It actually uses very little CPU on my system (I have it set to poll 1 hub every 5 seconds).

Leave a comment:

• deanrparry
    replied
    CPU impact?

Many thanks

Leave a comment:

• mikee123
    replied
    I am still having a few issues with lockups of the shield. Yesterday I pressed the directional buttons 3 or 4 times, quite slowly, maybe once a second, then the shield became unresponsive, then just went into a fit again and locked up with the menu swirling round. All i managed to do is reboot the shield to stop it. I am not sure increasing the DevicePollTimer would have stopped it. Nevertheless, I will increase it to 500 and see how it goes.

Leave a comment:

• jon00
    replied
    Originally posted by Tomgru View Post
    Sorry, but what is the key difference between this and the other harmony plugin?
    I have not downloaded or used the other plugin, however I believe the differences are (mine/other):

a) Minimum activity poll time refresh is 5 seconds rather than a minute.
    b) Both use different 3rd Party interfaces to connect to the Hub
    c) Supports 10 hubs rather than 5?
    d) Windows only vs Windows/Linux

I will have to leave it up to others who have used both to make comment on their operation.

Leave a comment:

• mikee123
    replied
    This works well with the Nvidia Shield, I could not get the other one to work properly, I (and others) had problems with repeat commands.
    On here you should add

DevicePollTimer=400

in the Jon00HarmonyHub1.ini under settings.
    for the shield not to lock up when you press buttons to quick
    it might have to go a little higher than 400, I would suggest that as a minimum

Leave a comment:

• Tomgru
    replied
    Sorry, but what is the key difference between this and the other harmony plugin?

Leave a comment:

• jon00
    replied
    One request might be to have the option to not create the "Device" Devices. I don't have a need to control the harmony besides just changing activities.
    That option has been added to V1.0.2

Just update the exe file and add the following under [Hub1], [Hub2] etc in the ini file:

DisableDevices=1

Finally delete the "Device" devices leaving just the Root & Activities.

Leave a comment:

• sirmeili
    replied
    Originally posted by jon00 View Post
    FYI, It's a remote plugin so you can run it on any PC on your network.

I use Startup Delayer for all my stuff. It does not need to start with Homeseer.
    Yeah, but only 1 computer stays up all the time in my house and that's my server that runs homeseer

I'm glad to see that it actually monitors which is the active activity. I think I'm going to replace the other Harmony Hub plugin with this because of the 5 second refresh resolution instead of the minimum 1 minute.

One request might be to have the option to not create the "Device" Devices. I don't have a need to control the harmony besides just changing activities.

Leave a comment:

• jon00
    replied
    it was the windows permission issue. I set the shortcut to run as an administrator and it worked. The only issue I can see is that this means it may not run automatically at startup as I will have to give it permission. Not a huge issue as I have to start homeseer manually anyways, but it would be nice if the plugin started up with homeseer somehow.
    FYI, It's a remote plugin so you can run it on any PC on your network.

I use Startup Delayer for all my stuff. It does not need to start with Homeseer.

Leave a comment:

• sirmeili
    replied
    Yeah, when I said devices I meant homeseer devices I have it installed so I can check it out and right now it just says there are no activities for my hub found.

Code:
    Jan-05 11:21:46 AM	 	Jon00_Harmony	No activities found for Hub 1
    Jan-05 11:21:44 AM	 	Jon00_Harmony	Hub 1 Restful IPAddress: LocalHost
    Jan-05 11:21:44 AM	 	Jon00_Harmony	Hub 1 Restful Web Port Number: 16701
    it was the windows permission issue. I set the shortcut to run as an administrator and it worked. The only issue I can see is that this means it may not run automatically at startup as I will have to give it permission. Not a huge issue as I have to start homeseer manually anyways, but it would be nice if the plugin started up with homeseer somehow.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X