Jon00 Harmony Control

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Jon00 Harmony Control

This remote plugin allows you to control the Activities and Devices for Harmony Hubs. Each plugin instance will support 10 hubs, however you can run additional instances (on different PC's) if 10 is not enough! Each Hub will be assigned up to 17 virtual devices and control is via drop down or Homeseer events.

The plugin relies on the BWS Systems Harmony Rest API (same team who write the HA-Bridge) and requires Java installed. Whilst this is a Windows plugin, Homeseer users running Linux can use this as a remote plugin, provided they have a Windows PC to run this on their local Network.

As always, it can be downloaded from my site (Click on my banner below). Any problems, please let me know.
    Attached Files
    Jon

Jon, does this monitor it just give you control?

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

Comment

Nice. I just ordered a Harmony Home off of eBay. I use Global Cache Wifi controllers in most of the rooms but for some reason have a couple of things in one room that my old GC-100 just has issues with. Hoping that the Harmony will have better results.

Comment

Originally posted by sirmeili View Post
        Jon, does this monitor it just give you control?

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk
        It allows you to control Activities and send IR/Bluetooth commands you have set up as Devices from Homeseer primarily using events. You can also trigger on activities operated via other means (Remote/Keyboard/App).

For direct control of Homeseer from a Harmony remote, I wrote a second application called Jon00 FLIRC. Details here. This give you the option to use assign unused Harmony remote buttons to control lights etc or setup your own activity just for Homeseer control applications. Whilst it may not be the most elegant solution, it was the only thing I could come up with the limitations of using IR.
        Jon

Comment

Originally posted by jon00 View Post
          You can also trigger on activities operated via other means (Remote/Keyboard/App).
          How long is the poll time?
          HSPro 3.0.0.458, Z-NET with Z-wave plugin 3.0.1.190, RFXCOM + 2x RFXtrx433E, HSTouch, Squeezebox plugin, iTach IP/WF2IR & GC-100-6 with UltraGCIR, BLDenon, NetcamStudio, Jon00s Webpage builder, Harmony Hub plugin, SCSIP (with FreePBX), Arduino plugin, IFTTT, Pushalot plugin, Device History plugin.
          Running on Windows 10 (64) virtualized
          on ESXi (Fujitsu Primergy TX150 S8).
          WinSeer (for Win10) - TextSeer - FitbitSeer - HSPI_MoskusSample

Are you Norwegian (or Scandinavian) and getting started with HomeSeer? Read the "HomeSeer School"!

Comment

I think it is set for 5 seconds but you can change that in the settings
            Jon

Comment

It allows you to control Activities and send IR/Bluetooth commands you have set up as Devices from Homeseer primarily using events. You can also trigger on activities operated via other means (Remote/Keyboard/App).

For direct control of Homeseer from a Harmony remote, I wrote a second application called Jon00 FLIRC. Details here. This give you the option to use assign unused Harmony remote buttons to control lights etc or setup your own activity just for Homeseer control applications. Whilst it may not be the most elegant solution, it was the only thing I could come up with the limitations of using IR.
              What I meant was do the devices reflect what activity is currently active on the harmony hub or does it only give you the ability to change them.

Comment

There is no status in Homeseer from devices operated by a remote; only activities.
                Jon

Comment

There is no status in Homeseer from devices operated by a remote; only activities.
                  Yeah, when I said devices I meant homeseer devices I have it installed so I can check it out and right now it just says there are no activities for my hub found.

Code:
                  Jan-05 11:21:46 AM	 	Jon00_Harmony	No activities found for Hub 1
                  Jan-05 11:21:44 AM	 	Jon00_Harmony	Hub 1 Restful IPAddress: LocalHost
                  Jan-05 11:21:44 AM	 	Jon00_Harmony	Hub 1 Restful Web Port Number: 16701

Comment

Yeah, when I said devices I meant homeseer devices I have it installed so I can check it out and right now it just says there are no activities for my hub found.

Code:
                    Jan-05 11:21:46 AM	 	Jon00_Harmony	No activities found for Hub 1
                    Jan-05 11:21:44 AM	 	Jon00_Harmony	Hub 1 Restful IPAddress: LocalHost
                    Jan-05 11:21:44 AM	 	Jon00_Harmony	Hub 1 Restful Web Port Number: 16701
                    it was the windows permission issue. I set the shortcut to run as an administrator and it worked. The only issue I can see is that this means it may not run automatically at startup as I will have to give it permission. Not a huge issue as I have to start homeseer manually anyways, but it would be nice if the plugin started up with homeseer somehow.

Comment

it was the windows permission issue. I set the shortcut to run as an administrator and it worked. The only issue I can see is that this means it may not run automatically at startup as I will have to give it permission. Not a huge issue as I have to start homeseer manually anyways, but it would be nice if the plugin started up with homeseer somehow.
                      FYI, It's a remote plugin so you can run it on any PC on your network.

I use Startup Delayer for all my stuff. It does not need to start with Homeseer.
                      Jon

Comment

FYI, It's a remote plugin so you can run it on any PC on your network.

I use Startup Delayer for all my stuff. It does not need to start with Homeseer.
                        Yeah, but only 1 computer stays up all the time in my house and that's my server that runs homeseer

I'm glad to see that it actually monitors which is the active activity. I think I'm going to replace the other Harmony Hub plugin with this because of the 5 second refresh resolution instead of the minimum 1 minute.

One request might be to have the option to not create the "Device" Devices. I don't have a need to control the harmony besides just changing activities.

Comment

One request might be to have the option to not create the "Device" Devices. I don't have a need to control the harmony besides just changing activities.
                          That option has been added to V1.0.2

Just update the exe file and add the following under [Hub1], [Hub2] etc in the ini file:

DisableDevices=1

Finally delete the "Device" devices leaving just the Root & Activities.
                          Jon

Comment

Sorry, but what is the key difference between this and the other harmony plugin?

Comment

This works well with the Nvidia Shield, I could not get the other one to work properly, I (and others) had problems with repeat commands.
                              On here you should add

DevicePollTimer=400

in the Jon00HarmonyHub1.ini under settings.
                              for the shield not to lock up when you press buttons to quick
                              it might have to go a little higher than 400, I would suggest that as a minimum

Comment

Working...
                              X