X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• mikee123
    replied
    Originally posted by jon00 View Post
    What do you see in the log when you start the plugin?
    How can I stop the PI and then restart ? Or do I have to restart HS3 ?

Leave a comment:

• jon00
    replied
    Originally posted by mikee123 View Post
    I was on version 1.01, all working fine and all of a sudden it stopped working. I thought I might as well upgrade to 1.06, but still its not working. The little helper in windows shows the hub as connected (also checked the IP and its correct). The hub root device in HS3 is showing as connected. But none of the commands work, and also I deleted 1 device of the hub and added another, but the PI is not updating the devices as it did before
    What do you see in the log when you start the plugin?

Leave a comment:

• mikee123
    replied
    Harmony hub stopped working

I was on version 1.01, all working fine and all of a sudden it stopped working. I thought I might as well upgrade to 1.06, but still its not working. The little helper in windows shows the hub as connected (also checked the IP and its correct). The hub root device in HS3 is showing as connected. But none of the commands work, and also I deleted 1 device of the hub and added another, but the PI is not updating the devices as it did before

Leave a comment:

• jon00
    replied
    Have you rebooted the hub?

There is a clear cache setting for the Harmony app on Android:

Settings>Apps>Harmony>Storage>Clear Cache

Not sure if that would do anything?

Leave a comment:

• joelbean
    replied
    Harmony devices/activities

Thanks for the reply Jon.
    I don't understand what the problem is then.
    I have resynched the hub several times. The devices don't show up in the Android app, the Windows app, nor do they show up on the Harmony Ultra controller. They only show up in Homeseer and do nothing. Any other ideas?
    I hate reinitialize my hub and lose the devices and activities but if no other ideas, I suppose this is the only course. Is there any cache that needs to be cleared somewhere?

Thanks for the tip about the .ini file. I was thinking that this was read in to populate the HS3 interface.

Leave a comment:

• jon00
    replied
    The plugin does not store any information apart from the activities/devices in the Homeseer virtual devices. The jon00HarmonyHubData1.ini is not active and is just used to record information which has been read from the hub when the plugin is started.

If you have deleted all the devices, the virtual devices will be recreated from data read directly from the hub. Your debug efforts for this phantom activity etc therefore need to be on the hub and not the plugin.

One thing to note with Homeseer devices containing control drop down menus. If they are updated, you must refresh the device management page for changes to be seen.

Leave a comment:

• joelbean
    replied
    Device and Activity won't go away

Hi Jon,
    Sorry for all of the issues but I've tried everything to remedy this.

I have deleted a device and activity on my Harmony Hub.
    I synched the hub using the Android Harmony app. the device and activity don't show up anywhere in the Harmony domain.
    I have turned off the plugin.
    I deleted the hub root for the hub.
    I shutdown HS3.
    I deleted the jon00HarmonyHubData1.ini file in HS3 config directory.
    I cleared the browser cache (don't know if this relates).
    I restarted HS3 - no Harmony virtual devices restore.
    I started your plugin and java processes.
    When the devices and activities are rebuilt, they still have the old device and activity that doesn't really exist.
    I cannot get rid of them and they don't control anything - they're orphaned.

How do I do a very hard reset and make sure that the plugin only builds what is really in the Harmony hub?

Thanks, as usual.
    Joel

Leave a comment:

• joelbean
    replied
    OK.
    I deleted both hubs root device and the jon00HarmonyHubData1.ini file and let your plugin create everything from scratch.
    I got the proper devices and activities populated. Unfortunately I had renamed a lot of things and written scripts but I can revise this and build them again.
    For some reason, the plugin doesn't capture changes to Harmony hub configurations - maybe you already are aware of this.
    Thanks!
    Joel

Leave a comment:

• joelbean
    replied
    Coninued

Hi again Jon,
    I checked the Jon00HarmonyHubData1.ini file and the HUB1DeviceList for device 3 (a Bose soundbar) contains entries for a Roku, not the Bose.
    Yikes! Isn't this file what's used to populate Homeseer Device page?

Leave a comment:

• joelbean
    replied
    Duplicate Harmony Devices

Hi Jon,
    I added a Bose soundbar to one of my hubs. I resynched all of the Harmony Hubs with the Android Harmony app.
    When I fired up Homeseer and your plugin, rather than seeing the Bose device, I got a new Roku device instead - it's a duplicate of a preexisting Roku device. This is odd since the Jon00HarmonyHubData1.ini file lists the Bose correctly and only 1 Roku. I tried shutting down HS3 and your plugin (incl. the java processes) to reinitialize, but every time I get the duplicate Roku and not the Bose. The Control dropdown also has Buttons for a Roku, not the Bose.
    I tried deleting the device in the Homeseer devices, then restarting, but it still only duplicates a Roku device.

Any suggestions how I can get the correct Harmony config to show up in my Homeseer Devices page?

Thanks much!
    Joel

Leave a comment:

• jon00
    replied
    Thanks for letting me know. Yes you did get me wondering as I could not see how the plugin could do this itself.

Leave a comment:

• joelbean
    replied
    My bad

Jon,
    OK, I'm an idiot. The reason that the Activity was cycling is because I had and event (setup to test Alexa script), that was checking for device change and putting itself in a loop. I sure wish Homeseer would add an explicit condition that allows checking if a device value != (<>) to something. The condition that is used is "If a value changes" and I forgot to set the event as a manually started event. I had a companion event that checked just the opposite for turning things off - thus I got the two events in a spitting contest. Yikes!
    I'll bet I had you wondering.
    Anyway, I changed the event to be manually started (perhaps this should be in the Alexa script manual) and all is well.
    Lesson learned.
    Thanks for your help.

Leave a comment:

Guest replied
    The plugin will shows up in WINDOWS lower right corner .
    If you click on the shortcut , as Jon said in the manual you will see it.

And you will be able to configure the plugin in a .ini file located in HS3 folder.

If you take another look to the manual you will see this.

The JOn00 plugins do not show up in the HS3 plugin page.

Matt

Leave a comment:

• joelbean
    replied
    Originally posted by jon00 View Post
    The activities are as you have defined them via the hub. By default, activities switch off devices that are not required when you switch to another. This can be changed in the activity settings. There are no actions on hub devices directly. I suggest you have a play with switching activities via your remote/app to see how they work.

The Java process is dumb and will do nothing unless the plugin tells it to do something. It can be left running without issue. To stop the plugin, right-click on the blue icon (which is my attempt to look like a remote control) and select exit to stop it.

What is the duration of the On/Off sequence?
    Jon,
    I still can't find the blue icon to right click and turn off the plugin. This plugin doesn't show up in plugins. I followed your installation exactly. What am I missing?
    Thanks.

Leave a comment:

• sirmeili
    replied
    Originally posted by joelbean View Post
    Thanks Jon.
    I don't have a Harmony Hub Activity called "PowerOff" so I'm wondering if this plugin listed activity is smart enough to know to only cycle power on the devices that are engaged for the Harmony activity. I'm assuming the "PowerOff" emulates tapping the on/off icon in the Harmony app interface for an activity that is active.
    All Harmony hubs internally have an activity called "PowerOff" which is run when you press the "Off" button the remote or in the phone app. It wont' show up in the phone apps

If your HS device is missing it, then something might be wrong. As Jon said, try doing it via the remote or phone app and see if you have the same problem.

My suggestion, if you are missing eh PowerOff activity from your HS device, would be to wipe out all devices and configs for Jon's plugin and start over.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X