X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• jon00
    replied
    Originally posted by Jayhawk View Post
    Yep... that was the issue. Stopped the task and then ran the .exe as admin directly and both device and event viewers run without problem.
    Thanks for your help!
    Thought I had found in the forum that task scheduler was the best way to start HS... don't remember where that would have been.
    Will investigate to find a preferred way... want it to start on reboot without attendance.
    Good to here. I use startup delayer: https://www.r2.com.au/page/products/...artup-delayer/

Leave a comment:

• Jayhawk
    replied
    Yep... that was the issue. Stopped the task and then ran the .exe as admin directly and both device and event viewers run without problem.
    Thanks for your help!
    Thought I had found in the forum that task scheduler was the best way to start HS... don't remember where that would have been.
    Will investigate to find a preferred way... want it to start on reboot without attendance.

Leave a comment:

• randy
    replied
    Thanks... Scheduler.dll dated 9/17/18, HSCF.dll 9/14/18, HomeSeerAPI.dll 9/14/18
    Did some forum searching... some posts on not finding Scheduler.dll discuss how HS3 is started... I start with Task Scheduler... it is running as a process.
    While some people have reported that HomeSeer runs via task scheduler, many have had problems, especially with file permissions. HomeSeer is designed to be run as an application with administrative permissions. When it is not running as an application under a user with administrative privileges you can encounter UAC and permission issues. I have seen database corruption because HomeSeer was not stopped in an orderly fashion. Every time I have helped other users with these problems, changing HomeSeer to running as an application and under a logged in user has eliminated them.

Leave a comment:

• jon00
    replied
    Thanks... Scheduler.dll dated 9/17/18, HSCF.dll 9/14/18, HomeSeerAPI.dll 9/14/18
    Did some forum searching... some posts on not finding Scheduler.dll discuss how HS3 is started... I start with Task Scheduler... it is running as a process.
    Also find this in the log at startup:
    Jan-20 7:36:21 PM Startup Starting Event Scheduler...
    Jan-20 7:36:21 PM Error Compiling script Startup.vb: compiler initialization failed unexpectedly: The system cannot find the file specified.
    Jan-20 7:36:21 PM Error Compiling script Startup.vb: could not find library 'Scheduler.dll'
    Jan-20 7:36:21 PM Startup Running the startup script Startup.vb
    The files look good. Did you try starting HS3 manually?

Leave a comment:

• Jayhawk
    replied
    Also find this in the log at startup:
    Jan-20 7:36:21 PM Startup Starting Event Scheduler...
    Jan-20 7:36:21 PM Error Compiling script Startup.vb: compiler initialization failed unexpectedly: The system cannot find the file specified.
    Jan-20 7:36:21 PM Error Compiling script Startup.vb: could not find library 'Scheduler.dll'
    Jan-20 7:36:21 PM Startup Running the startup script Startup.vb

Leave a comment:

• jon00
    replied
    It looks like your Homeseer dll files were not updated when you upgraded to .478. Check the version under properties for Scheduler.dll, HomeSeerAPI.dll & HSCF.dll and I'll do the same when back at home.

Leave a comment:

• Jayhawk
    replied
    Have just installed both Event Viewer & Device Viewer... getting errors:
    In HS3 Log: Compiling script Jon00EventViewerASPX.vben: could not find library 'Scheduler.dll" (note I find Scheduler.dll in folder C:\Program Files (x86)\HomeSeer HS3)
    When I run http://xxx.xxx.x.xxx/Jon00eventviewer.aspx I get:
    Server Error in '/' Application.
    Method not found: 'System.String HomeSeerAPI.IHSApplication.GetEventVoiceCommand(Int32)'
    An unhandled exception was generated during the execution of the current web request. Information regarding the origin and location of the exception can be identified using the exception stack trace below.
    Stack Trace:
    [MissingMethodException: Method not found: 'System.String HomeSeerAPI.IHSApplication.GetEventVoiceCommand(Int32)'.] ASP.jon00deviceviewer_aspx.Page_Load(Object sender, EventArgs e) +0 System.Web.Util.CalliEventHandlerDelegateProxy.Callback(Obje ct sender, EventArgs e) +85 System.Web.UI.Control.OnLoad(EventArgs e) +61 System.Web.UI.Control.LoadRecursive() +98 System.Web.UI.Page.ProcessRequestMain(Boolean includeStagesBeforeAsyncPoint, Boolean includeStagesAfterAsyncPoint) +2640
    I tried running the .asp instead of .aspx and get no result (hangs).
    I get the same results when I run deviceviewer.aspx

Current Date/Time: 1/20/2019 8:47:15 PM
    HomeSeer Version: HS3 Pro Edition 3.0.0.478
    Operating System: Microsoft Windows 7 Home Premium - Work Station
    System Uptime: 0 Days 1 Hour 13 Minutes 47 Seconds
    IP Address:
    Number of Devices: 395
    Number of Events: 128
    Available Threads: 200
    HSTouch Enabled: True
    Event Threads: 0
    Event Trigger Eval Queue: 0
    Event Trigger Priority Eval Queue: 0
    Device Exec Queue: 0
    HSTouch Event Queue: 0
    Email Send Queue: 0
    Anti Virus Installed: Microsoft Security Essentials

Enabled Plug-Ins
    0.0.0.21: drhsIpPlugIn
    1.2018.717.1011: MyQ
    3.0.6742.17939: UltraRachio3
    3.0.0.2: UPB
    3.0.1.249: Z-Wave

Leave a comment:

• randy
    replied
    It seems that Jon is as confused as I am about what you are stating. Broken Events are filterable and clearly show they are broken. What is it that you want?

Click image for larger version

Name:	capture.png
Views:	242
Size:	16.5 KB
ID:	1248082

Here is a broken Event I created for this post.
    ​​​​​​​
    Click image for larger version

Name:	capture1.png
Views:	267
Size:	90.4 KB
ID:	1248083

Leave a comment:

• jon00
    replied
    Originally posted by djbeam View Post
    that is exactly why the BROKEN should be identified .. as I have not been able to seen any other way of catching them thru the normal HS3 interface .. you are right .. not day to day usage .. but when you have an issue, this may help you find it faster .. thus solve issues quicker and easier ..
    I'm not sure I follow. Broken events are identified so that issues can be resolved quickly?

Leave a comment:

• djbeam
    replied
    that is exactly why the BROKEN should be identified .. as I have not been able to seen any other way of catching them thru the normal HS3 interface .. you are right .. not day to day usage .. but when you have an issue, this may help you find it faster .. thus solve issues quicker and easier ..

Leave a comment:

• jon00
    replied
    Event Viewer .. is it possible to show all the events that are okay .. as well as a line indicating those that are BROKEN .. right now ... all I see BROKEN if there is an aspect that causes the event to be BROKEN .. for diagnostic purposes, it would be great to see what the Viewer believes are okay .. and that which are not.
    It's not high on my list. Most people would want to repair or delete broken events rather than leaving them in play.

Leave a comment:

• jon00
    replied
    re going directly to HS3 Event for editing .. it seems to be an html page .. which all it is looking for is a completed URL string .. what other parameters is HS3 looking for and are they available to the plugin?
    As I said previously, unless the entire events page is loaded in full, you cannot link to it.

Leave a comment:

• jon00
    replied
    re the Event Listing .. is it possible to add a column to identify BROKEN Events or only search Events that are Broken
    No, this is not possible without the routine I wrote for the event viewer so it is best to use that.

Leave a comment:

• djbeam
    replied
    re going directly to HS3 Event for editing .. it seems to be an html page .. which all it is looking for is a completed URL string .. what other parameters is HS3 looking for and are they available to the plugin?

Leave a comment:

• djbeam
    replied
    Event Viewer .. is it possible to show all the events that are okay .. as well as a line indicating those that are BROKEN .. right now ... all I see BROKEN if there is an aspect that causes the event to be BROKEN .. for diagnostic purposes, it would be great to see what the Viewer believes are okay .. and that which are not.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X