Jon00 Event Viewer & Documenter for HS3

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by jon00 View Post
    Not sure. Have you tried running a report via the script method to see if that works (read the docs).
    In my case, the event runs, no files are generated, and no error message is in the log.
    "Living with technology means living in a [constant] state of flux." S. Higgenbotham, 2023
    "Reboot and rejoice!" F. Pishotta, 1989

Comment

Originally posted by Richel View Post

In my case, the event runs, no files are generated, and no error message is in the log.
      Similar occurs for me. My nightly execution via an event has not updated eventlisting.csv or .txt in 11 days. I think it runs the first day after a homeseer restart (hs has been up 12 days now). I'll restart hs and see what occurs over the next few days.

HomeSeer Version: HS3 Pro Edition 3.0.0.435
      Linux version: Linux homeseer 4.4.0-157-generic #185-Ubuntu SMP Tue Jul 23 09:17:01 UTC 2019 x86_64 x86_64 x86_64 GNU/Linux System Uptime: 0 Days 0 Hours 1 Minute 35 Seconds
      IP Address: 192.168.1.119
      Number of Devices: 780
      Number of Events: 835
      Available Threads: 600
      HSTouch Enabled: True
      Event Threads: 8
      Event Trigger Eval Queue: 166
      Event Trigger Priority Eval Queue: 0
      Device Exec Queue: 0
      HSTouch Event Queue: 0
      Email Send Queue: 0
      Anti Virus Installed:

Enabled Plug-Ins
      2.0.61.0: BLBackup
      2.0.43.0: BLLAN
      3.0.0.65: EasyTrigger
      30.0.0.38: RFXCOM
      3.0.7.0: SDJ-Health
      3.0.1.18: weatherXML
      3.0.1.249: Z-Wave
      Len

HomeSeer Version: HS3 Pro Edition 3.0.0.435
      Linux version: Linux homeseer Ubuntu 16.04 x86_64
      Number of Devices: 633
      Number of Events: 773

Enabled Plug-Ins
      2.0.54.0: BLBackup
      2.0.40.0: BLLAN
      3.0.0.48: EasyTrigger
      30.0.0.36: RFXCOM
      3.0.6.2: SDJ-Health
      3.0.0.87: weatherXML
      3.0.1.190: Z-Wave

Comment

Originally posted by donstephens View Post
        Hi Jon;
        The report gets generated, just get that error message. By the way is it possible to generate the report in an html format?
        What error message?

Randy,

, have you tried V1.0.8 and if so, is it working OK with you?
        Jon

Comment

Aug-19 1:37:02 PM Error DeSerializing object (byte): Unable to load type A.c71d5cdb2ed4347ec1505c1d2979a3dba+action required for deserialization. Source=mscorlib
          Aug-19 1:37:02 PM Error DeSerializing object (byte): Unable to load type A.c71d5cdb2ed4347ec1505c1d2979a3dba+action required for deserialization. Source=mscorlib
          Don

Comment

That must be a HS3 error?
            Jon

Comment

I don't understand. That shows up in the log every time I call the Event Viewer...
              Don

Comment

Originally posted by lveatch View Post

Similar occurs for me. My nightly execution via an event has not updated eventlisting.csv or .txt in 11 days. I think it runs the first day after a homeseer restart (hs has been up 12 days now). I'll restart hs and see what occurs over the next few days....
                Restarting my HS3 Pro program makes no difference with me.

"Living with technology means living in a [constant] state of flux." S. Higgenbotham, 2023

Comment

I'm seeing an errors too... but different from the rest (just installed 1.0.7

This on the screen
                  Oops! Something went wrong. Try a page refresh.
                  Error in Main Block 14h: System.NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object. at scriptcode7.VBWrapper.Main(Object MyData)

and these in the log.
                  Aug-23 6:52:31 PM Jon00_EventView Error in Main Block 14h: System.NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object. at scriptcode7.VBWrapper.Main(Object MyData)
                  Aug-23 6:52:31 PM Jon00_EventView Error in EventData Block 2: System.ArgumentOutOfRangeException: StartIndex cannot be less than zero. Parameter name: startIndex at System.String.Substring(Int32 startIndex, Int32 length) at scriptcode7.VBWrapper.EventData(String EventID)
                  Aug-23 6:52:31 PM Jon00_EventView Error in EventData Block 1: System.Net.WebException: The request was aborted: The operation has timed out. at System.Net.HttpWebRequest.GetResponse() at scriptcode7.VBWrapper.EventData(String EventID)
                  My home is smarter than your honor roll student.

Comment

Originally posted by Mr_Resistor View Post
                    I'm seeing an errors too... but different from the rest (just installed 1.0.7

This on the screen
                    Oops! Something went wrong. Try a page refresh.
                    Error in Main Block 14h: System.NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object. at scriptcode7.VBWrapper.Main(Object MyData)

and these in the log.
                    Aug-23 6:52:31 PM Jon00_EventView Error in Main Block 14h: System.NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object. at scriptcode7.VBWrapper.Main(Object MyData)
                    Aug-23 6:52:31 PM Jon00_EventView Error in EventData Block 2: System.ArgumentOutOfRangeException: StartIndex cannot be less than zero. Parameter name: startIndex at System.String.Substring(Int32 startIndex, Int32 length) at scriptcode7.VBWrapper.EventData(String EventID)
                    Aug-23 6:52:31 PM Jon00_EventView Error in EventData Block 1: System.Net.WebException: The request was aborted: The operation has timed out. at System.Net.HttpWebRequest.GetResponse() at scriptcode7.VBWrapper.EventData(String EventID)
                    Do you still have the previous version? Is that erroring too now?
                    Jon

Comment

Do you still have the previous version? Is that erroring too now?
                      Rolled back to previous version, same error.

Did some clean up. Opened, expanded, collapsed and closed each event. Also deleted a few I was no longer using.

All good now. Not sure why, but 1.0.8 is working now.
                      My home is smarter than your honor roll student.

Comment

Rolled back to previous version, same error.

Did some clean up. Opened, expanded, collapsed and closed each event. Also deleted a few I was no longer using.

All good now. Not sure why, but 1.0.8 is working now.
                        Great!
                        Jon

Comment

I don't understand. That shows up in the log every time I call the Event Viewer...
                          The viewer has to interrogate every event. If you look at this post from Rich, a similar error was related to HSTouch actions in events: https://forums.homeseer.com/forum/ho...87#post1069587
                          Jon

Comment

... 1.0.8 is working now.
                            Where do I get V1.0.8? The website lists the latest as V1.0.7, which does not work for me.

Comment

Sorry, I just forgot to update the version on the download page. If you downloaded recently, it is 1.0.8.

At the moment I'm at a loss with your problem. The web page and supporting back-end script has extensive error trapping so if there are no errors it is difficult to diagnose. I would also expect timeout errors in the log if it got stuck on something. As Mr Resistor stated, make sure all your events are closed correctly.
                              Jon

Comment

Sorry, I just forgot to update the version on the download page. If you downloaded recently, it is 1.0.8.

At the moment I'm at a loss with your problem. The web page and supporting back-end script has extensive error trapping so if there are no errors it is difficult to diagnose. I would also expect timeout errors in the log if it got stuck on something. As Mr Resistor stated, make sure all your events are closed correctly.
                                Thank you. I will continue to troubleshoot.

Comment

Working...
                                X