Jon00 Event Viewer & Documenter for HS3

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by jon00 View Post
    Sorry, I just forgot to update the version on the download page. If you downloaded recently, it is 1.0.8.

At the moment I'm at a loss with your problem. The web page and supporting back-end script has extensive error trapping so if there are no errors it is difficult to diagnose. I would also expect timeout errors in the log if it got stuck on something. As Mr Resistor stated, make sure all your events are closed correctly.
    Could this be an error from the Event Viewer?

Exception in (Action Name)/Build UI: Index was out of range. Must be non-negative and less than the size of the collection. Parameter name: index

I saw this in the log, several minutes after trying to access the page "Jon00 Event Viewer."
    "Living with technology means living in a [constant] state of flux." S. Higgenbotham, 2023
    "Reboot and rejoice!" F. Pishotta, 1989

Comment

Originally posted by Richel View Post

Could this be an error from the Event Viewer?

Exception in (Action Name)/Build UI: Index was out of range. Must be non-negative and less than the size of the collection. Parameter name: index

I saw this in the log, several minutes after trying to access the page "Jon00 Event Viewer."
      No, that is a HS3 error. Any error trapped by my event viewer would start:

Jon00_EventView Error in ...........

The error posted looks like an issue with an action in one of your events. You may be able to narrow it down by collapsing all your event groups and the opening each group individually, monitoring the log at the same time for any errors.
      Jon

Comment

No, that is a HS3 error. Any error trapped by my event viewer would start:

Jon00_EventView Error in ...........

The error posted looks like an issue with an action in one of your events. You may be able to narrow it down by collapsing all your event groups and the opening each group individually, monitoring the log at the same time for any errors.
        Okay, thanks.
        "Living with technology means living in a [constant] state of flux." S. Higgenbotham, 2023
        "Reboot and rejoice!" F. Pishotta, 1989

Comment

Just a update. The problem still occurs. normally the system reboots every 1/2 days, due to the high CPU usage of HS3. This reboot is triggered by events for failsave, since my cpu overheats when its to long in this state. The strange thing is that the issue stopped 3 weeks ago after several reboots, it seems stable for 2,5 weeks, and HS3 was not getting my cpu usage to rise. I changed some events in HS3 for my airco so I thought this was maybe the issue.

However, yesterday I need to reboot my machine due to updates. And the issue reoccurred now 2 times again, so still having this problem, which I don't have an explanation for.

I hope somebody at homeseer can help troubleshoot, also since HS4 is based on the HS3 engine. Since we have also ruled out external factors and plugins. And yes I realize that my system I quite big (1700 devices and 850 events), but this should not be a problem in my opinion.
          Regards Bart
          ------------------------------------------
          Win7 64Bit on Intel NUCI7 with SSD
          HSPRO 3.
          Devices; 1370 Events; 691

Jon00 Scripts, JowHue, HSTouch, Plugwise, Z-wave, Ultranetatmo, Ultracam, PHlocation, BLUSBUIRT, MeiHarmony, Buienradar, MEiUnifi Pushover 3P, Random, Nest HSPhone and Blueiris

Visonic Powermax Alarm System (HS3) Interface: http://www.domoticaforum.eu/viewtopic.php?f=68&t=11129

Comment

I've used Event Viewer without issue for a while now, but today am getting this error.

Nov-27 6:56:31 PM Jon00_EventView Error in Main Block 14a: System.NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object. at scriptcode60.VBWrapper.Main(Object MyData)

I tried installing the latest version, but the error is still preventing the output. What should I try to troubleshoot?
            Mike____________________________________________________________ __________________
            HS3 Pro Edition 3.0.0.548, NUC i3

HW: Stargate | NX8e | CAV6.6 | Squeezebox | PCS | WGL 800RF | RFXCOM | Vantage Pro | Green-Eye | Edgeport/8 | Way2Call | Ecobee3 | EtherRain | Ubiquiti

Comment

Looking at the code, this where it starts to loop though all events. This particular error trap relates to getting the event name, event group or whether it is enabled or not. I would suggest you have a corrupted event somewhere.
              Jon

Comment

I would suggest you have a corrupted event somewhere.
                But, my go to solution to find a corrupted event is. . .your Event Viewer.

Mike____________________________________________________________ __________________

HW: Stargate | NX8e | CAV6.6 | Squeezebox | PCS | WGL 800RF | RFXCOM | Vantage Pro | Green-Eye | Edgeport/8 | Way2Call | Ecobee3 | EtherRain | Ubiquiti

Comment

Originally posted by Uncle Michael View Post
                  But, my go to solution to find a corrupted event is. . .your Event Viewer.
                  Finding a broken event is not the same as a corrupted event where it cannot even be read from the database!
                  Jon

Comment

We had a power failure last night. I have a UPS and a backup generator, so HS is not affected (directly), but as part of my cleanup routine following a power outage I restart HS. This morning the Event Viewer script is working again without issue.

Comment

Jon

I was wondering if the scripot could be failing in some case in HS4, i found out that HS4 migrations seem to have mess with my events with script, in fact they seems to all be INVALID.

I tried running the event viewer with the "Broken" option ON and it did not detected thoses errorr. Please see an exemple below of an event with the error

Click image for larger version

Name:	script.PNG
Views:	256
Size:	88.9 KB
ID:	1360941

Comment

It's not failing, but currently does not have detection for the "(INVALID)" as a broken event. Never saw that in HS3!

I will provide an updated HS4 version, but I'm loath to publish yet when HS4 is still in beta and unstable in some areas (IMO).
                        Jon

Comment

It's not failing, but currently does not have detection for the "(INVALID)" as a broken event. Never saw that in HS3!

I will provide an updated HS4 version, but I'm loath to publish yet when HS4 is still in beta and unstable in some areas (IMO).
                          Thanks for the fast reply, just so you know, the script is in fact present in the said directory, it juts seems as tough the converstaion brooke a link or something.

thanks for looking into this and thanks for all you tools

Comment

Looking at the other thread about missing scripts, this is clearly a bug introduced with the latest beta of HS4.
                            Jon

Comment

Version 1.0.10 is now available.

Changes from V1.0.9:

Improved detection of broken events.

Note: There is a new version for HS4. Details here.
                              Jon

Comment

Just installed "EventViewer" on win7, HS3 that is up to date. When I look at the webpage all is ok howerver when I run the script Jon00EventViewer.ASPX.vben I get the following error in the S3 log file

Running script C:\Program Files (x86)\HomeSeer HS3\scripts\Jon00EventViewerASPX.vben :Exception has been thrown by the target of an invocation.Index was outside the bounds of the array.

Any ideas?

Thanks

Comment

Working...
                                X