X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• jon00
    replied
    Originally posted by cheeryfool View Post
    Awesome update Jon. Exactly what I was looking for. Found a couple more events with broken actions that I didn't know were broken. I also found 2 dupe voice commands. One of which I am struggling to remove off the report. I think I need to delete and create the event (it's a simple one). I think this is caused by some spurious behaviour in the event engine when you copy an event that has a voice command. It seems in some cases to be sticky even after you remove or replace the voice command. Sometimes in this case, when you click into the Voice command box, the pop-up contains the original copied value instead of the current replaced value. In any case, not your issue.

Thanks again for the quick turnaround and great new features.
    Thanks.

You can also thank Rich for adding the Event Voice Command support.

Leave a comment:

• cheeryfool
    replied
    Originally posted by jon00 View Post
    Changes since 1.0.2

(Requires HomeSeer version 3.0.0.407 or higher)

Added support for displaying event voice commands
    Improved coding to discover broken events
    Added search capability for voice command events only
    Added search capability for duplicate event voice commands

(For those still running Homeseer versions prior to 3.0.0.407, V1.0.2 is also supplied in the download zip).
    Awesome update Jon. Exactly what I was looking for. Found a couple more events with broken actions that I didn't know were broken. I also found 2 dupe voice commands. One of which I am struggling to remove off the report. I think I need to delete and create the event (it's a simple one). I think this is caused by some spurious behaviour in the event engine when you copy an event that has a voice command. It seems in some cases to be sticky even after you remove or replace the voice command. Sometimes in this case, when you click into the Voice command box, the pop-up contains the original copied value instead of the current replaced value. In any case, not your issue.

Thanks again for the quick turnaround and great new features.

Leave a comment:

• jon00
    replied
    Version 1.0.3 is now available

Changes since 1.0.2

(Requires HomeSeer version 3.0.0.407 or higher)

Added support for displaying event voice commands
    Improved coding to discover broken events
    Added search capability for voice command events only
    Added search capability for duplicate event voice commands

(For those still running Homeseer versions prior to 3.0.0.407, V1.0.2 is also supplied in the download zip).

Leave a comment:

• cheeryfool
    replied
    Added screenshots to post 78 for clarity on broken Actions

Leave a comment:

• cheeryfool
    replied
    I'll see what can be done.....

Thanks

Leave a comment:

• jon00
    replied
    I'll see what can be done.....

Leave a comment:

• cheeryfool
    replied

Leave a comment:

• jon00
    replied
    Anyway, good news! Rich has added the event voice command as a new scripting call. It will be available in Beta 407 so I will be able to add the missing metric to the list.

Leave a comment:

• cheeryfool
    replied
    Ok. Figured it probably was.

Leave a comment:

• jon00
    replied
    No, it is just part of the code.

Leave a comment:

• cheeryfool
    replied
    Out of interest, is there a way for me to look at the raw gibberish maybe in debug mode?

Leave a comment:

• cheeryfool
    replied
    Indeed, I have to filter out all this code, otherwise the page would be filled with it. When I get time, I will see if I can salvage anything extra to detect.
    thanks

Leave a comment:

• jon00
    replied
    Indeed, I have to filter out all this code, otherwise the page would be filled with it. When I get time, I will see if I can salvage anything extra to detect.

Leave a comment:

• cheeryfool
    replied
    Jon00 Event Viewer & Documenter

That is correct. Once it detects a broken action, the returned code is absolute gibberish which I cannot do much with. I therefore just mark actions/triggers as broken. At least it pinpoints an issue which is better than nothing.

I may be missing something here...

If a trigger or condition is broken, I see the event as Broken.

If only one (or more) actions are broken (triggers and conditions are good), then it doesn't show as broken for me.

If I select an event in that state, the detail in the report looks like an entirely good event, until you compare it alongside the actual HS3 event view, and you realise that everything from the broken action and below is missing in the script output.

Again, maybe this is beyond what is possible with what you have to work with from HST.

EDIT: Adding screenshots for clarity

1. Showing 5 actions on main HS3 Event view, with the middle one broken due to replaced dimmer:

2. Showing just the first 2 good actions from the Jon00 Event Viewer tab

Last edited by cheeryfool; January 31, 2018, 08:26 AM.

Leave a comment:

• jon00
    replied
    That is correct. Once it detects a broken action, the returned code is absolute gibberish which I cannot do much with. I therefore just mark actions/triggers as broken. At least it pinpoints an issue which is better than nothing.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X