X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by jon00 View Post
    Right.

I thought I made that clear:

Unfortunately this utility in HS4 has a limited lifespan as it still uses the HS3 Events page
    I'm sure it was clear to others, but I've just turned 65 and my brain hurts. 😖🤯☠.

Jim Speiser
    38-year veteran of Home Automation
    Still don't know squat

Comment

I am unable to get Event Viewer to run. I am using HS3 and I reinstalled Event Viewer in case some of my files were corrupted. When it runs the dot circle indicator spins for a second or two and then flashes and never shows the page. I've tried Edge and Chrome. Device Viewer works just fine.

Comment

Not much to go on. Nothing has changed in the HS3 version for years.

Does the HS3 event page show quickly?
        Jon

Comment

Yes, it is immediate. The event viewer worked for me for many years up until recently when I moved the system to a new computer. Everything else is fine.

Comment

Are you on Windows or Linux? What URL are you calling?
            Jon

Comment

Windows 11 The url is IP address:Port/Jon00EventViewer.asp It's identical to the url for the device viewer.​

Comment

All I can suggest is you check you have the files in the correct directories i.e.

Jon00EventViewer.asp to your Homeseer HS3/html directory.
                Jon00EventViewerASPX.vben in your Homeseer HS3/scripts directory
                Jon

Comment

Yes, the files are in the right folders. It's very strange. I originally installed Event Viewer and Device Viewer in 2015 and they both have worked without a problem until now.

Comment

Working...
                  X