No announcement yet.

Jon00 Event Viewer & Documenter for HS3

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

No this does not back up events; it allows you to search for specific devices, times,counters, global variables, scripts etc and find broken events/duplicate voice commands etc with your events. It also allows you to store a record of your events including their conditions as a CSV and/or text file.
    Jon

Comment

Thank you Jon

Comment

Originally posted by goldriver View Post
        Not an emergency but thanks for looking into it:

here are some exemples:

Extérieur côté]Snapshot Count:Élément pompe allumé
        Originally posted by jon00 View Post
        Please try V1.0.5 on my site:

Changes since 1.0.4:

Added Search Criteria entry to the TXT download (Cheeryfool request)
        Corrected Issue displaying International characters contained within events.
        @Goldriver,

Did you give V1.0.5 a try?
        Jon

Comment

@Goldriver,

Not Yet, I did not know it was changed !!! I will test it right away

Comment

@Goldriver,

It works perfectly, thanks you ;-)

Comment

@Goldriver,

Jon;

How do we keep up with versions on your scripts. On this package, I cannot really tell what the version is.
              HS4 Pro, 4.2.19.0 Windows 10 pro, Supermicro LP Xeon

Comment

I thought I made it pretty obvious?
                Attached Files
                Jon

Comment

I thought I made it pretty obvious?
                  Doh! That is why I asked.
                  HS4 Pro, 4.2.19.0 Windows 10 pro, Supermicro LP Xeon

Comment

Root Device search returning all events for device children?

Jon

Is there any way this could be enhanced, perhaps with a new Root Device drop down, to return events for the Root Device chosen and all associated child devices?

I just replaced 3 multi-child devices that had lots of events associated with the child devices. This script certainly made it easier already, but it would be nice to just choose the root device and have it show me all events for the root (perhaps unlikley) and all the child devices

Cheers
                    James
                    cheeryfool

Comment

Originally posted by cheeryfool View Post
                      Jon

Is there any way this could be enhanced, perhaps with a new Root Device drop down, to return events for the Root Device chosen and all associated child devices?

I just replaced 3 multi-child devices that had lots of events associated with the child devices. This script certainly made it easier already, but it would be nice to just choose the root device and have it show me all events for the root (perhaps unlikley) and all the child devices

Cheers
                      James
                      Its not something I'm considering at the moment. Iterating through devices as well is going to slow this down even further.
                      Jon

Comment

Thank You

Jon;

This device just saved me a ton of time trouble shooting a problem. Great tool.

Don
                        Don

Comment

Hmm, Event Viewer keeps showing an error but it functions correctly. The event moves variables from one to another via the easytrigger pi. The variables are selected from the HS3 dropdown list, so I'm stumped. I am on v1.0.6 and a couple of weeks ago I didn't have any broken events. I "think" since then I updated to HS3 .435.
                          Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by donstephens View Post
                            Jon;

This device just saved me a ton of time trouble shooting a problem. Great tool.

Don
                            Thanks!

Originally posted by racerfern View Post
                            Hmm, Event Viewer keeps showing an error but it functions correctly. The event moves variables from one to another via the easytrigger pi. The variables are selected from the HS3 dropdown list, so I'm stumped. I am on v1.0.6 and a couple of weeks ago I didn't have any broken events. I "think" since then I updated to HS3 .435.
                            It may be the Easy Trigger condition format that is causing the issue. The trouble is I have to make some assumptions as there is no set text returned when the event is actually broken. You may have to live with it for the moment as this would be difficult to replicate here.
                            Jon

Comment

You may have to live with it for the moment as this would be difficult to replicate here.
                              No worries, but I've had this event for months and it never showed as being a problem. It appears to have something to do with .435 but not sure.

Comment

Compilation error

I'm hoping this is just a dumb mistake on my part, but I haven't found it yet.

Just installed the latest version on my ZEE S2 running HS3 ZEE S2 Edition 3.0.0.435. I believe I've followed the instructions to copy the .aspx, .js and .vben files to the appropriate folders on the ZEE. I did not install the .asp file since this is a Linux box.

When I launch the web page I get the following:

Application Exception
                                System.Web.Compilation.CompilationException
                                error : Unhandled Exception:
                                Description: Error compiling a resource required to service this request. Review your source file and modify it to fix this error.

Details: error : Unhandled Exception:

Error origin: Compiler

Error source file: /Jon00EventViewer.aspx

Exception stack trace:
                                at System.Web.Compilation.AssemblyBuilder.BuildAssembly (System.Web.VirtualPath virtualPath, System.CodeDom.Compiler.CompilerParameters options) <0x6de5e538 + 0x0089c> in <filename unknown>:0
                                at System.Web.Compilation.AssemblyBuilder.BuildAssembly (System.Web.VirtualPath virtualPath) <0x6de5e4e8 + 0x0001f> in <filename unknown>:0
                                at System.Web.Compilation.BuildManager.GenerateAssembly (System.Web.Compilation.AssemblyBuilder abuilder, System.Web.Compilation.BuildProviderGroup group, System.Web.VirtualPath vp, System.Boolean debug) <0x6de74580 + 0x007a3> in <filename unknown>:0
                                at System.Web.Compilation.BuildManager.BuildInner (System.Web.VirtualPath vp, System.Boolean debug) <0x6dee2c78 + 0x0043f> in <filename unknown>:0
                                Version Information: 4.5.1 (master/9db20c4 Fri May 13 15:41:42 EDT 2016); ASP.NET Version: 4.0.30319.42000