Jon00 Event Viewer & Documenter for HS3

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Rotech View Post
    Jon, how deos this compare to your event list viewer?
    Basically this shows all the event details. You can search for broken events and other stuff within your event triggers and conditions.
    Jon

Comment

V1.0.1 is now released

Changes since V1.0.0:

a) Added 'Disabled' as a search item under the events drop down.
      b) Changed text in search bar from 'Total Events: YYY' to 'XXX of YYY Events' to show the number of events found from a search.
      c) Added sequential numbering to the returned events headings.
      d) Updated documentation to remind users that this cannot be used without Local logins without passwords enabled.
      Jon

Comment

Jon

Are you able to grab the new Voice Command field that was added to events in the recent Betas and add that to the script outputs?

Cheers
        James
        cheeryfool

Comment

Originally posted by cheeryfool View Post
          Jon

Are you able to grab the new Voice Command field that was added to events in the recent Betas and add that to the script outputs?

Cheers
          James
          Have you read the Known Limitations in the docs?
          Jon

Comment

Originally posted by jon00 View Post
            Have you read the Known Limitations in the docs?
            I guess I didn't take them in... Sorry
            cheeryfool

Comment

Jon00, excellent script! Thank's for your hard work. Works great on HS3 Pro v3.0.0.404 with Ubuntu Server 16.04.3 x64 and Mono 5.0.1.1.

Comment

Originally posted by mwolter View Post
                Jon00, excellent script! Thank's for your hard work. Works great on HS3 Pro v3.0.0.404 with Ubuntu Server 16.04.3 x64 and Mono 5.0.1.1.

Many thanks. Good to hear its working OK on Linux!
                Jon

Comment

Jon00
                  Because Event Conditions can have commas in the condition it breaks the CSV export
                  An example on my system:
                  IF an eMail is received and the subject contains 'Train Test '. THEN Run the script: C:/Program Files (x86)/HomeSeer HS3/scripts/TrainAlert.vb THEN eMails that trigger this event will NOT be processed for embedded commands. THEN Wait 3 Hours, 0 Minutes, 0 Seconds THEN Execute the command: &hs.SetDevicevalue("T15",0) THEN Execute the command: &HS.SetDeviceString(149,"No Update",True)"

Any chance you could use a different delim in the CSV?

Cheers
                  Scott

Comment

Originally posted by ScottRennie View Post
                    Jon00
                    Because Event Conditions can have commas in the condition it breaks the CSV export
                    An example on my system:
                    IF an eMail is received and the subject contains 'Train Test '. THEN Run the script: C:/Program Files (x86)/HomeSeer HS3/scripts/TrainAlert.vb THEN eMails that trigger this event will NOT be processed for embedded commands. THEN Wait 3 Hours, 0 Minutes, 0 Seconds THEN Execute the command: &hs.SetDevicevalue("T15",0) THEN Execute the command: &HS.SetDeviceString(149,"No Update",True)"

Any chance you could use a different delim in the CSV?

Cheers
                    Scott
                    Difficult one as it would not be a CSV file. It could also break with another character which could be contained in a Global Variable etc. My initial thought would be to leave it as-is but replace the commas in the Trigger/Conditions to something else. What are other peoples thought on this?
                    Jon

Comment

Thanks for taking an end users perspective ... not a "geeks" perspective and you made things effect .. not just pretty.

One thing I was trying to find, if you had an event view that displays a simple summary of group, event (possible optional fields) that could be expanded to more effective screen similar to that in HS2 events and not that clutter of clutter .. in HS3 ..

Thanks for thinking of the end user...

Comment

Originally posted by jon00 View Post
                        Difficult one as it would not be a CSV file. It could also break with another character which could be contained in a Global Variable etc. My initial thought would be to leave it as-is but replace the commas in the Trigger/Conditions to something else. What are other peoples thought on this?
                        I think that is the best solution, replace any commas with another character before creating the .csv file. I would think replacing them with semicolons would be good.
                        HS4 Pro, 4.2.19.16 Windows 10 pro, Supermicro LP Xeon

Comment

Originally posted by djbeam View Post
                          Thanks for taking an end users perspective ... not a "geeks" perspective and you made things effect .. not just pretty.

One thing I was trying to find, if you had an event view that displays a simple summary of group, event (possible optional fields) that could be expanded to more effective screen similar to that in HS2 events and not that clutter of clutter .. in HS3 ..

Thanks for thinking of the end user...
                          Perhaps my Event List Viewer may be suitable?
                          Jon

Comment

this looks like what I am looking for .. but I am searching all over (have gone to your site) and nothing has allowed me to get access to this produce.

Where can I find it ... do you have a direct link.

Don

Comment

I believe you have now found it?
                              Jon

Comment

V1.0.2 is now available

Version 1.0.2 is now available.

Changes since 1.0.1
                                Replaced commas with semicolons on the CSV generated data so that the file is created correctly.
                                Jon

Comment

Working...
                                X