Jon00 Event Viewer & Documenter for HS3

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Comment

I'm see the following error when trying to pull up the asp page. Thoughts?

Oops! Something went wrong. Try a page refresh.

Error in Main Block 14h: System.NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object. at scriptcode2.VBWrapper.Main(Object MyData)

Comment

Looking at the code, I cannot see how that error has appeared.

I see from another thread that you got your speak events recorded to .csv so it must have been working then?

Do you have any filters in place?
        Jon

Comment

Originally posted by jon00 View Post
          Looking at the code, I cannot see how that error has appeared.

I see from another thread that you got your speak events recorded to .csv so it must have been working then?

Do you have any filters in place?
          I tested the Event Viewer on my system which works great. This error is on a customer's system. No filters in place, just trying to pull up the default page. Tried both /Jon00EventViewer.asp and /Jon00EventViewer.aspx.

This is what's in the Homeseer log:
          Jul-29 11:38:26 AM Jon00_EventView Error in Main Block 14h: System.NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object. at scriptcode2.VBWrapper.Main(Object MyData)
          Jul-29 11:38:26 AM Jon00_EventView Error in EventData Block 2: System.ArgumentOutOfRangeException: StartIndex cannot be less than zero. Parameter name: startIndex at System.String.Substring(Int32 startIndex, Int32 length) at scriptcode2.VBWrapper.EventData(String EventID)
          Jul-29 11:38:26 AM Jon00_EventView Error in EventData Block 1: System.Net.WebException: The request was aborted: The operation has timed out. at System.Net.HttpWebRequest.GetResponse() at scriptcode2.VBWrapper.EventData(String EventID)

Comment

OK, that makes more sense. The script cannot access the events page. Read the 'known Limitations' section in the docs.
            Jon

Comment

OK, that makes more sense. The script cannot access the events page. Read the 'known Limitations' section in the docs.
              From the docs, I'm assuming that limitation C. is what's in play here? Any way around this?

c. With a very large number of events, it may not be possible to view all events at a time and you may see
              error messages on the screen.

Comment

No, its regarding local logins....
                Jon

Comment

I have no control over this. Either recent versions of Mono no longer support ASPX web pages (unlikely) or HST needs to see what has changed in Mono and make them work again with HS3.

(One of the disadvantages you moving from Windows to Linux)
                  Just realized this is not just an aspx page. So was able to output a text file of all my events ( and devices with your other new ''plugin''). Do not know if you added this recently but thank!

Comment

Originally posted by Summerguy View Post

Just realized this is not just an aspx page. So was able to output a text file of all my events ( and devices with your other new ''plugin''). Do not know if you added this recently but thank!
                    Exports to .csv and .txt via an event have been available from day one.
                    Jon

Comment

No, its regarding local logins....
                      Odd, I already have the following option checked. Also, the the default account has Admin + Local rights. What am I missing?

No Password Required for Local/Same Network Login (Web Browser/HSTouch)

Comment

There can only be one local account. Can you confirm that?
                        Jon

Comment

There can only be one local account. Can you confirm that?
                          Yep, only one account that's local. Even so, my system has two admin+local accounts and it works there.

Comment

I'm sorry but I don't have any other ideas.
                            Jon

Comment

Jon - it appears your message box here is maxed - sent you an email @ webmaster address.

Comment

Yes, got your email.

Odd, found every message I have ever sent in my PM outbox. Took ages to clear!
                                Jon

Comment

Working...
                                X