No announcement yet.

Jon00 Event Viewer & Documenter for HS3

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I recreated the 20 events that had the voice command text in them. None of them have the voice command option selected and have no text in that field. Your event viewer doesn't show any events with voice command now. I am able to link to the alexa skill on the alexa server but it's not pulling the HS3 device information from the MyHS server. It says it's linked on one page but on another it says it's not enabled. I think you are right about the data base corruption. I hope it's ok now, but maybe not. Is there some application that can check it?

Comment

I was able to link and enable the SmartHome Skill and discover devices but not with the Home Automation Skill. I believe that anyone that is already linked and enabled with the Home Automation Skill is ok as long as they don't disable it. It appears to be a problem with the enabling routine. I hope to use your alexa helper app someday when the Home Automation Skill is fixed. I know that HST is working with Amazon to debug it.

Comment

jon00

I noticed that in the version I'm running (1.0.1) the phrase "Event elapsed" in the report is misspelled. Not sure if this has been fixed in the current version.

Comment

Thanks, I corrected it in both the HS3 & HS4 versions but the changes will only be seen when I next publish an update.
          Jon

Comment

Jon, I just downloaded a new version of the event viewer and ran it searching for Broken events. I get several events that don't appear broken - both the triggers and the actions seem fine. The actions change year to year (Christmas lights - I just delete the z-wave control at the end of the season and add a new one next season, then re-link). But the actions are correct and they preform as expected. Any ideas why they show up on the Broken list? Here is the listing and the event...
            Click image for larger version

Name:	Screen Shot 2020-12-09 at 10.42.59.png
Views:	253
Size:	177.1 KB
ID:	1439528
            Click image for larger version

Name:	Screen Shot 2020-12-09 at 10.43.43.png
Views:	235
Size:	331.5 KB
ID:	1439529

Comment

If I remember correctly, they will appear broken if you have not closed all the sections in the event i.e. all yellow arrows have to be pointing to the right and not down.
              Jon

Comment

That was it. That's a bit less than obvious - you might want to mention that in your docs since HS3 doesn't automatically close down things when you close the event.

Comment

Originally posted by GPrade View Post
                  That was it. That's a bit less than obvious - you might want to mention that in your docs since HS3 doesn't automatically close down things when you close the event.
                  That has now been done!
                  Jon

Comment

"No Password Required for Local/Same Network Login" needing to be checked - is that always going to be a requirement, or might a future version of your Event Viewer & Documenter work even if the web interface requires login authentication?

Comment

Yes, tried many times to address this but the method I use just does not allow it.
                      Jon

Comment

Originally posted by jon00 View Post
                        Yes, tried many times to address this but the method I use just does not allow it.
                        Since my HS4 hub sits in the middle of IOT devices, I hesitate on disabling the need for local logon. I do so only for your excellent products but I too would like a way to store logon credentials in a file that only the HS4 user can access.

Would that be a possible solution?

Thanks,

Devan

Comment

I don't really understand the question? What does this file do?
                          Jon

Comment

The user can create a text file which would contain a user and password combination (admittedly not very secure) that only the HS4 user could access.

Your script could then parse and apply that information to access the HS4 properties.

Just a thought.

-Devan

Comment

No, that would not work.
                              Jon

Comment

jon00 I know that someone has posted before that they received the following error after having successfully run this script for some time:

Error in Main Block 14a: System.NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object. at scriptcode67.VBWrapper.Main(Object MyData)

I just ran into this and I think I can shed some light on this. My HS3 server recently (I think) started failing to respond to JSON requests. It seems to happen after a while, sometimes it clears up on it's own, sometimes I have to restart HS3 (or I am too impatient to wait). My server was in this state this morning and I ran the Event Viewer script and got this error. So I restarted homeseer, JSON requests are working again, and so does the Event Viewer.

I have no idea why my HS3 system suddenly stops accepting JSON requests and I am in touch with support about that - not having much luck there at present, and have started another thread on this topic in the hopes to get to the bottom of this issue. But hopefully this post will be helpful to anyone who runs into that error.

Comment

Working...
                                X