• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• JimSpy
    replied
    Originally posted by jon00 View Post
    Right.

I thought I made that clear:

Unfortunately this utility in HS4 has a limited lifespan as it still uses the HS3 Events page
    I'm sure it was clear to others, but I've just turned 65 and my brain hurts. 😖🤯☠.

Leave a comment:

• jon00
    replied
    Right.

I thought I made that clear:

Unfortunately this utility in HS4 has a limited lifespan as it still uses the HS3 Events page

Leave a comment:

• JimSpy
    replied

The errors are generated by Homeseer so there is no means to determine the problem. HS4 has built in search capabilities so you can use that to search if you need.

Unfortunately this utility in HS4 has a limited lifespan as it still uses the HS3 Events page which will be withdrawn at some time. One of its most popular feature was to find broken events and after discussions with Rich, this is now available in HS4 Beta 4.2.0.5

I don't think Rich will be providing any means to document events so there may be some value at looking at a new HS4 version. Any comments about this should be posted in the correct forum: https://forums.homeseer.com/forum/3r...for-homeseer-4
    I'm going to assume you mean it will be withdrawn from HS4, not HS3.....Right?

Leave a comment:

• jon00
    replied
    Originally posted by mda View Post
    jon00 i just upgraded to HS4 and installed your HS4 eventviewer script. When i call it i get this error on the page:

"Error Processing ASP.NET page: Index was outside the bounds of the array"

in the HS4 log i get:

Code:
    9/12/2021 5:28:42 PM HomeSeer Error Exception in Plug-In(NetCAM)/Format UI: Argument 'Index' is not a valid value.
    9/12/2021 5:28:41 PM HomeSeer Error Exception in (Action Name)/Build UI: Index was out of range. Must be non-negative and less than the size of the collection. Parameter name: index
    9/12/2021 5:28:37 PM HomeSeer Error Processing ASP.NET page: Index was outside the bounds of the array.
    Of course, since i can't use the eventviewer script i can't find all my events that call NetCam so i am not sure how to find the problematic event.

Any hints would be much appreciated!

Thanks
    The errors are generated by Homeseer so there is no means to determine the problem. HS4 has built in search capabilities so you can use that to search if you need.

Unfortunately this utility in HS4 has a limited lifespan as it still uses the HS3 Events page which will be withdrawn at some time. One of its most popular feature was to find broken events and after discussions with Rich, this is now available in HS4 Beta 4.2.0.5

I don't think Rich will be providing any means to document events so there may be some value at looking at a new HS4 version. Any comments about this should be posted in the correct forum: https://forums.homeseer.com/forum/3r...for-homeseer-4

Leave a comment:

• mda
    replied
    jon00 i just upgraded to HS4 and installed your HS4 eventviewer script. When i call it i get this error on the page:

"Error Processing ASP.NET page: Index was outside the bounds of the array"

in the HS4 log i get:

Code:
    9/12/2021 5:28:42 PM HomeSeer Error Exception in Plug-In(NetCAM)/Format UI: Argument 'Index' is not a valid value.
    9/12/2021 5:28:41 PM HomeSeer Error Exception in (Action Name)/Build UI: Index was out of range. Must be non-negative and less than the size of the collection. Parameter name: index
    9/12/2021 5:28:37 PM HomeSeer Error Processing ASP.NET page: Index was outside the bounds of the array.
    Of course, since i can't use the eventviewer script i can't find all my events that call NetCam so i am not sure how to find the problematic event.

Any hints would be much appreciated!

Thanks

Leave a comment:

• Wade
    replied

Now you see why as per release 4.2.0.5!
    Yep!

Leave a comment:

• jon00
    replied
    Originally posted by Wade View Post

Understand. Easy workaround...ignore those entries in the emailed broken events report. Thanks.
    Now you see why as per release 4.2.0.5!

Leave a comment:

• Michael McSharry
    replied
    Not sure which of you to direct this to. I'm finding that Jon's event viewer is identifying any event with an mcsMQTT action of an mqtt message/payload as being a broken event. Any idea why? Maybe the "/" characters in the action?
    I don't use JON00's utility so really do not have an idea what it identifies as broken vs. not-broken. The only current issue is that quotes in the action expose an error in SDK InputView. I just got a report yesterday that this issue was resolved and will be fixed in the next HS4 SDK release.

Also Michael, HS4 cannot successfully copy an event with an mqtt action. The mqtt action is blank in the new copy. Possibly related? I'll repost in your forum if you'd like.
    When an event is copied the unique ID of the action is also copied so it is not longer a unique as it is now shared with two different events. I accomodated this on a recent mcsMQTT build where I combine the event ID and the action ID to make an internally managed Unique ID. The next Updater release with this fix is 5.19.1.0. There is an announcement thread on this one at https://forums.homeseer.com/forum/hs...19-1-0-release where some birthing pains are discussed.

Leave a comment:

• Wade
    replied
    Originally posted by mterry63 View Post
    Do devices 6333 and 6334 exist? The script checks those references as well.
    Yes. The event sends the two values as heat and cool setpoints successfully to my Trane thermostat via Home Assistant. I have several other similar events that also function correctly and are flagged as broken.

Leave a comment:

• mterry63
    replied
    Do devices 6333 and 6334 exist? The script checks those references as well.

Leave a comment:

• Wade
    replied
    Sorry skip read your post. As you say, there maybe something in the action string which is being detected as a broken event.

I'm doing no work on this one (for HS4) as its future is probably limited.....
    Understand. Easy workaround...ignore those entries in the emailed broken events report. Thanks.

Leave a comment:

• jon00
    replied
    Sorry skip read your post. As you say, there maybe something in the action string which is being detected as a broken event.

I'm doing no work on this one (for HS4) as its future is probably limited.....

Leave a comment:

• Wade
    replied
    The action is not saved (green floppy disk) so marked as broken.....
    As I mentioned above, I only expanded the action for clarity of the example. This and all the other events I've created with mqtt actions are flagged as broken with the actions saved.

Leave a comment:

• jon00
    replied
    The action is not saved (green floppy disk) so marked as broken.....

Leave a comment:

• Wade
    replied
    jon00, Michael McSharry,

Not sure which of you to direct this to. I'm finding that Jon's event viewer is identifying any event with an mcsMQTT action of an mqtt message/payload as being a broken event. Any idea why? Maybe the "/" characters in the action?

Also Michael, HS4 cannot successfully copy an event with an mqtt action. The mqtt action is blank in the new copy. Possibly related? I'll repost in your forum if you'd like.

Here's a sample event that's being ID'd as broken. I've expanded the action for clarity, but event viewer finds it broken even when the action is saved/closed. Thanks.

Click image for larger version

Name:	Capture.JPG
Views:	121
Size:	52.3 KB
ID:	1494355

Leave a comment:

Working...
X