X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• jon00
    replied
    Originally posted by GPrade View Post
    That was it. That's a bit less than obvious - you might want to mention that in your docs since HS3 doesn't automatically close down things when you close the event.
    That has now been done!

Leave a comment:

• GPrade
    replied
    That was it. That's a bit less than obvious - you might want to mention that in your docs since HS3 doesn't automatically close down things when you close the event.

Leave a comment:

• jon00
    replied
    If I remember correctly, they will appear broken if you have not closed all the sections in the event i.e. all yellow arrows have to be pointing to the right and not down.

Leave a comment:

• GPrade
    replied
    Jon, I just downloaded a new version of the event viewer and ran it searching for Broken events. I get several events that don't appear broken - both the triggers and the actions seem fine. The actions change year to year (Christmas lights - I just delete the z-wave control at the end of the season and add a new one next season, then re-link). But the actions are correct and they preform as expected. Any ideas why they show up on the Broken list? Here is the listing and the event...
    Click image for larger version

Name:	Screen Shot 2020-12-09 at 10.42.59.png
Views:	250
Size:	177.1 KB
ID:	1439528
    Click image for larger version

Name:	Screen Shot 2020-12-09 at 10.43.43.png
Views:	232
Size:	331.5 KB
ID:	1439529

Leave a comment:

• jon00
    replied
    Thanks, I corrected it in both the HS3 & HS4 versions but the changes will only be seen when I next publish an update.

Leave a comment:

• mterry63
    replied
    jon00

I noticed that in the version I'm running (1.0.1) the phrase "Event elapsed" in the report is misspelled. Not sure if this has been fixed in the current version.

Leave a comment:

• noopara
    replied
    I was able to link and enable the SmartHome Skill and discover devices but not with the Home Automation Skill. I believe that anyone that is already linked and enabled with the Home Automation Skill is ok as long as they don't disable it. It appears to be a problem with the enabling routine. I hope to use your alexa helper app someday when the Home Automation Skill is fixed. I know that HST is working with Amazon to debug it.

Leave a comment:

• noopara
    replied
    I recreated the 20 events that had the voice command text in them. None of them have the voice command option selected and have no text in that field. Your event viewer doesn't show any events with voice command now. I am able to link to the alexa skill on the alexa server but it's not pulling the HS3 device information from the MyHS server. It says it's linked on one page but on another it says it's not enabled. I think you are right about the data base corruption. I hope it's ok now, but maybe not. Is there some application that can check it?

Leave a comment:

• jon00
    replied
    I can't really assist; however the red square would suggest corruption in the HS database.

Leave a comment:

• noopara
    replied
    There is a bug somewhere. Maybe not yours though. I have been struggling with trying to get HS3 devices to show up in the Alexa skill and have issued a ticket for help. This all started when I was trying to add a device and went through the "Remove All" routine and then the "Discovery" routine. HST is looking at it but they haven't solved it yet. It seems that Amazon has been making changes to the HomeSeer Automation Skill which I am trying to get working so I can use your Alexa helper app. Anyway, I had about 20 events set up with voice command and now the procedure is to remove all of the voice command options from all devices and events in order to get linked properly to the Alexa skill. Disabling the voice command option from devices is easy enough, but to disable it from events is not so easy. I used your Event Viewer to find them with the
    'voice command" search option. I disabled all voice command options from all events and the voice command text. However, when I re-run the Event Viewer I see a red square on the voice command line. (see attachments) Also, the voice command text entry is not really removed from the HS3 data base. It comes back when the event screen is reloaded. The "include as voice command" option does not show up again, only the text.

I just noticed that the HS Log is showing the error below when I run your Event Viewer: (there are 40 lines of this error in the log)
    Nov-10 12:21:14 PM Error Exception in Plug-In(Global Cache Pro)/Format UI: Object reference not set to an instance of an object.
    Nov-10 12:21:14 PM Error Exception in Plug-In(Global Cache Pro)/Format UI: Object reference not set to an instance of an object.
    Nov-10 12:21:13 PM Error Exception in Plug-In(Global Cache Pro)/Format UI: Object reference not set to an instance of an object.
    Nov-10 12:21:13 PM Error Exception in Plug-In(Global Cache Pro)/Format UI: Object reference not set to an instance of an object.
    Interesting. The errors are only thrown when the Global Cache Pro plug-in is enabled. Maybe it has something to do with the alexa problem too??
    Attached Files

Leave a comment:

• jon00
    replied
    V1.0.11 has been released for HS3.

Changes since 1.0.10:

Corrected bug in ‘Do Not Log – Ascending’ filter.
    Added method to find corrupt events which cannot be processed by the viewer.

Leave a comment:

• jon00
    replied
    For event viewer, I've sent you a PM with a new version to try. If it errors it will now give the event name in the log.

For device viewer, I'm not sure what I can do (apart from suppress the error - which I don't want to do). This indicates a corrupt device in your setup.

Regarding your feature request, unfortunately no. There is no method to link directly to an event in HS3. This is because the event page is built on the fly depending on your selection.

Leave a comment:

• mda
    replied
    Hi Jon,

I have an HS3 event that runs event viewer and device viewer scripts every night so I can include that info in my nightly backups.

I am getting the following errors.

Is there anything I can do to help track them down?

Aug-16 1:45:54 AM Jon00_DevView Error in Main Block 37b: System.NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object. at scriptcode158.VBWrapper.Main(Object MyData)
    Aug-15 5:20:25 PM Jon00_EventView Error in EventData Block 2: System.ArgumentOutOfRangeException: StartIndex cannot be less than zero. Parameter name: startIndex at System.String.Substring(Int32 startIndex, Int32 length) at scriptcode15.VBWrapper.EventData(String EventID)

Click image for larger version  Name:	Screen Shot 2020-08-16 at 11.55.59 AM.png Views:	0 Size:	235.6 KB ID:	1411685

Also a feature request on Event Viewer: is there any way you could include a link to the events so it is easier to get to the right event from your search results?

Thanks!

-mda

System Info:

Current Date/Time: 8/16/2020 11:52:38 AM
    HomeSeer Version: HS3 Pro Edition 3.0.0.548
    Operating System: Microsoft Windows 10 Pro - Work Station
    System Uptime: 0 Days 19 Hours 33 Minutes 43 Seconds
    IP Address: 192.168.1.5
    Number of Devices: 999
    Number of Events: 725
    Available Threads: 800
    HSTouch Enabled: True
    Event Threads: 2
    Event Trigger Eval Queue: 0
    Event Trigger Priority Eval Queue: 0
    Device Exec Queue: 0
    HSTouch Event Queue: 0
    Email Send Queue: 0
    Anti Virus Installed: Windows Defender
    In Virtual Machine: No MFG: apple inc.
    Enabled Plug-Ins
    3.0.0.32: Autelis
    2.0.61.0: BLBackup
    2.0.57.0: BLDenon
    3.0.51.0: BLGData
    2.0.28.0: BLOccupied
    1.0.5.0: BLShutdown
    1.4.1.0: Device History
    3.0.0.71: EasyTrigger
    3.0.0.33: Ecobee
    5.0.0.58: Global Cache Pro
    3.0.0.325: Life360
    3.1.0.18: MeiHarmonyHub
    3.0.1.0: MyHSToken
    1.2020.705.1301: MyQ
    3.0.0.14: NetCAM
    3.0.0.48: PHLocation2
    0.0.0.48: Pushover 3P
    1.0.0.7: Restart
    30.0.0.37: RFXCOM
    3.0.8.7: SDJ-Health
    3.1.0.53: Sonos
    1.5.1.1: Tesla Vehicles
    3.0.7272.26248: UltraLighting3
    3.0.1.0: Vista Alarm
    3.0.0.28: WeatherFlow
    3.0.1.19: weatherXML
    3.0.1.262: Z-Wave

Leave a comment:

• jon00
    replied
    Originally posted by mterry63 View Post
    Jon00, I found another (I believe) bug. If I enter a string in the search box with a colon in it, like the format used for hstouch screen:element, the web page downloads a file instead of displaying results. Is there any way to escape this?
    Unfortunately it is a bug with HS's web server with aspx web pages using querystring. I did report it but nothing was done.

The same things happens if you use /test.aspx?:

Leave a comment:

• mterry63
    replied
    Jon00, I found another (I believe) bug. If I enter a string in the search box with a colon in it, like the format used for hstouch screen:element, the web page downloads a file instead of displaying results. Is there any way to escape this?

Leave a comment:

Working...
X