X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• randy
    replied
    Originally posted by donstephens View Post
    I'm trying to use the example Randy provided, but I am getting errors. If I leave the Sub or Function field blank, I get no errors.
    Aug-19 1:37:02 PM Error DeSerializing object (byte): Unable to load type A.c71d5cdb2ed4347ec1505c1d2979a3dba+action required for deserialization. Source=mscorlib
    Aug-19 1:37:02 PM Error DeSerializing object (byte): Unable to load type A.c71d5cdb2ed4347ec1505c1d2979a3dba+action required for deserialization. Source=mscorlib
    Thanks
    Mine runs fine under Windows. Could this possibly be a Linux (Mono) issue?

Leave a comment:

• donstephens
    replied
    I'm trying to use the example Randy provided, but I am getting errors. If I leave the Sub or Function field blank, I get no errors.

Thanks

Leave a comment:

• randy
    replied
    Originally posted by mterry63 View Post
    Couple of suggestions for improvements -

Would it be possible to have this utility validate replacement variables in an event to ensure the references are valid? In other words, look for usage of $$DVR or $$DVT, etc. and ensure the referenced device still exists? Similar to the "Broken" event functionality.

Would it be possible to schedule this page to run in an event on some regular/triggered basis?
    I run a full event list and a broken event report on Saturday mornings, using the methods in the documentation.

I run the method

Click image for larger version

Name:	8372DB21-81C8-44F4-BFB9-59D7436C4E7D.jpeg
Views:	278
Size:	16.9 KB
ID:	1321769

then email the event list to my email address. Then

Name:	B0B6DF20-F3BE-48A5-8C99-95414664FCC1.jpeg
Views:	254
Size:	18.5 KB
ID:	1321770

and email it. That way I have a current listing of events as well as notification of any incomplete or broken events.

Leave a comment:

• jon00
    replied
    Originally posted by mterry63 View Post

Would it be possible to have this utility validate replacement variables in an event to ensure the references are valid? In other words, look for usage of $$DVR or $$DVT, etc. and ensure the referenced device still exists? Similar to the "Broken" event functionality.

Would it be possible to schedule this page to run in an event on some regular/triggered basis?
    It may be possible to check for replacement variables but I'm concerned it may slow things down even further for people with a large number of events. Let me take a look.....

You can run the page using hs.GetURL from an event but what would be the purpose?

Leave a comment:

• mterry63
    replied

Leave a comment:

• devanb
    replied
    After applying the patch from Bill on GitHub, I have it working on my Raspberry pi and 5.18.1.0.

https://github.com/mono/mono-basic/issues/52

Thanks

Leave a comment:

• jon00
    replied
    5.0.1.1 is the last version that works, however please see this thread for a workaround.

Leave a comment:

• devanb
    replied
    Can any of the raspberry pi users tell me which version of mono is able to run Jon00EventViewer.aspx?

I've downgraded to 5.14.0.177 but that doesn't seem low enough.

I cannot install 5.01 from the repository since it lacks a RELEASE file and apt deems it insecure. I'm trying 5.2.0 now...

Leave a comment:

• jon00
    replied
    Originally posted by mda View Post

I don’t know why, for example, one group of devices in the “Locks” Room is in a different part of the list than another group of devices. Since all those devices are in the same location 1 it could not be that some are in “Locks” and others are in “ Locks”. It is not that devices are sorted oddly within the Locks section, it is that there are “Locks...” in different parts of the list. Very odd. I can PM you more pictures or the page source if that would help?

There is nothing I can change here as I have no control of the Array sort. I'll try and reproduce the error.

Leave a comment:

• mda
    replied
    Originally posted by jon00 View Post
    The event list is loaded into an array and then sorted using the Array sort command before populating the drop down. Therefore all I can think is that you have additional characters (maybe 2 spaces) in these unordered events which could cause this?
    I don’t know why, for example, one group of devices in the “Locks” Room is in a different part of the list than another group of devices. Since all those devices are in the same location 1 it could not be that some are in “Locks” and others are in “ Locks”. It is not that devices are sorted oddly within the Locks section, it is that there are “Locks...” in different parts of the list. Very odd. I can PM you more pictures or the page source if that would help?

Regarding b), what were you searching for? Events that contained the selected device?
    Yes, events that contain the device. Thanks

Leave a comment:

• alexbk66
    replied
    Originally posted by rprade View Post
    I recommend Startup Delayer from R2 Labs. It is very reliable and does launch HS under the highest privileges.
    I tried Startup Delayer, it does "launch HS under the highest privileges" - but only after I accept UAC prompt for Startup Delayer itself How do I disable that?

Leave a comment:

• jon00
    replied
    The event list is loaded into an array and then sorted using the Array sort command before populating the drop down. Therefore all I can think is that you have additional characters (maybe 2 spaces) in these unordered events which could cause this?

Regarding b), what were you searching for? Events that contained the selected device?

Leave a comment:

• mda
    replied
    jon00 running Event Viewer 1.0.6 with HS3 .478 on Windows 10 i think i have bumped into a couple bugs:

(a) i notice that the Device list in the pull down filter menu seems not to be sorted completely alphabetically, it seems to sort in several alphabetical groups. These 2 screen shots show "Ω Motion Control Settings Motion Sensors Enabled" sorted separately from all the other devices in that room and "Ω System BLOccuppied Simulation" sorted separately from the other devices in "Ω System", as an example:

Name:	devices_1.png
Views:	296
Size:	17.6 KB
ID:	1282694

Name:	devices_2.png
Views:	231
Size:	13.0 KB
ID:	1282695

(b) if i select certain devices, such as "Ω Motion Control Settings Theater Enabled" i get this error:

Code:
     [TABLE]
    [TR]
    [TD]Oops! Something went wrong. Try a page refresh.[/TD]
     		[/TR]
    [TR]
    [TD] [/TD]
     		[/TR]
    [TR]
    [TD]Error in Main Block 14h: System.NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object. at scriptcode805.VBWrapper.Main(Object MyData)[/TD]
     		[/TR]
    [/TABLE]
    HS3 Log shows:
    Feb-05 5:49:41 PM Jon00_EventView Error in Main Block 14h: System.NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object. at scriptcode805.VBWrapper.Main(Object MyData)
    Feb-05 5:49:41 PM Jon00_EventView Error in EventData Block 2: System.ArgumentOutOfRangeException: StartIndex cannot be less than zero. Parameter name: startIndex at System.String.Substring(Int32 startIndex, Int32 length) at scriptcode805.VBWrapper.EventData(String EventID)

I think (a) is not related to special characters (at least not directly) because I see the devices in my "Locks" location also sorted into groups at several different points in the list. I think (b) is likely related to having "Ω" in the location name since when i change the location name to one without a special character in it i don't get this error.

(btw, i use "Ω" to get HS3 to sort those locations to the bottom of my list. If there is not an easy fix, i can stop doing that of course.) Thanks!

Leave a comment:

• Jayhawk
    replied
    Thanks for the advice... I'll go with your suggestions!

Leave a comment:

• randy
    replied
    Originally posted by Jayhawk View Post
    Yep... that was the issue. Stopped the task and then ran the .exe as admin directly and both device and event viewers run without problem.
    Thanks for your help!
    Thought I had found in the forum that task scheduler was the best way to start HS... don't remember where that would have been.
    Will investigate to find a preferred way... want it to start on reboot without attendance.
    I recommend Startup Delayer from R2 Labs. It is very reliable and does launch HS under the highest privileges. I also recommend setting UAC to the minimum. and have Windows autostart as a logged in user by configuring through netplwiz.exe. This method is perfect and always has HomeSeer running under a logged in user. If you share the computer with other tasks (not recommended), you can switch users, but do not log the HS user out.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X