No announcement yet.

Jon00 Event Viewer & Documenter

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Can any of the raspberry pi users tell me which version of mono is able to run Jon00EventViewer.aspx?

I've downgraded to 5.14.0.177 but that doesn't seem low enough.

I cannot install 5.01 from the repository since it lacks a RELEASE file and apt deems it insecure. I'm trying 5.2.0 now...

Comment

• 5.0.1.1 is the last version that works, however please see this thread for a workaround.
      Jon

Comment

• After applying the patch from Bill on GitHub, I have it working on my Raspberry pi and 5.18.1.0.

https://github.com/mono/mono-basic/issues/52

Thanks

Comment

• Couple of suggestions for improvements -

Would it be possible to have this utility validate replacement variables in an event to ensure the references are valid? In other words, look for usage of $$DVR or $$DVT, etc. and ensure the referenced device still exists? Similar to the "Broken" event functionality.

Would it be possible to schedule this page to run in an event on some regular/triggered basis?

Comment

• Originally posted by mterry63 View Post
            Couple of suggestions for improvements -

Would it be possible to have this utility validate replacement variables in an event to ensure the references are valid? In other words, look for usage of $$DVR or $$DVT, etc. and ensure the referenced device still exists? Similar to the "Broken" event functionality.

Would it be possible to schedule this page to run in an event on some regular/triggered basis?
            It may be possible to check for replacement variables but I'm concerned it may slow things down even further for people with a large number of events. Let me take a look.....

You can run the page using hs.GetURL from an event but what would be the purpose?
            Jon

Comment

• Originally posted by mterry63 View Post
              Couple of suggestions for improvements -

I run a full event list and a broken event report on Saturday mornings, using the methods in the documentation.

I run the method

Click image for larger version

Name:	8372DB21-81C8-44F4-BFB9-59D7436C4E7D.jpeg
Views:	100
Size:	16.9 KB
ID:	1321769

then email the event list to my email address. Then

Name:	B0B6DF20-F3BE-48A5-8C99-95414664FCC1.jpeg
Views:	88
Size:	18.5 KB
ID:	1321770

and email it. That way I have a current listing of events as well as notification of any incomplete or broken events.
              Randy Prade
              Aurora, CO
              Prades.net

PHLocation - Pushover - EasyTrigger - UltraECM3 - Ultra1Wire3 - Arduino

Comment

• I'm trying to use the example Randy provided, but I am getting errors. If I leave the Sub or Function field blank, I get no errors.

Aug-19 1:37:02 PM Error DeSerializing object (byte): Unable to load type A.c71d5cdb2ed4347ec1505c1d2979a3dba+action required for deserialization. Source=mscorlib
                Aug-19 1:37:02 PM Error DeSerializing object (byte): Unable to load type A.c71d5cdb2ed4347ec1505c1d2979a3dba+action required for deserialization. Source=mscorlib
                Thanks
                Don

Comment

• Originally posted by donstephens View Post
                  I'm trying to use the example Randy provided, but I am getting errors. If I leave the Sub or Function field blank, I get no errors.
                  Thanks
                  Mine runs fine under Windows. Could this possibly be a Linux (Mono) issue?
                  Randy Prade
                  Aurora, CO
                  Prades.net

PHLocation - Pushover - EasyTrigger - UltraECM3 - Ultra1Wire3 - Arduino

Comment

• Windows 8. I'm wondering if I might have an out of date support file.
                    Don

Comment

• Originally posted by rprade View Post
                      I run a full event list and a broken event report on Saturday mornings, using the methods in the documentation.

I run the method

Name:	8372DB21-81C8-44F4-BFB9-59D7436C4E7D.jpeg
Views:	100
Size:	16.9 KB
ID:	1321769

then email the event list to my email address. Then

Name:	B0B6DF20-F3BE-48A5-8C99-95414664FCC1.jpeg
Views:	88
Size:	18.5 KB
ID:	1321770

and email it. That way I have a current listing of events as well as notification of any incomplete or broken events.
                      Exactly what I needed. I should have read the documentation!

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk

Comment

• Version 1.0.7 is now available which adds support for device related broken replacement variables in event conditions.
                        Jon

Comment

• Jon00, I know how busy you must be, but your graphic footer needs updating. Especially your "Brexit" blurb - it should read "Brexit: No prospect of a deal, period. It was fun while it lasted..."

Jim Speiser
                          30-year veteran of Home Automation
                          Still don't know squat

Comment

• I need help with installation of Jon00 Event Viewer & Documenter for HS3. I am running HS3 Pro Edition 3.0.0.548 (Windows 10). I have placed the various files in the HS3 folders as specified. When I call up the page jon00eventviewer.asp, it grinds away forever and never loads. I have about 600 events, which should take less than 1 minute to load. There are no error messages in the log. How do I troubleshoot? Thanks, Elliott

Comment

• Not sure. Have you tried running a report via the script method to see if that works (read the docs).
                              Jon

Comment

• Hi Jon;
                                The report gets generated, just get that error message. By the way is it possible to generate the report in an html format?
                                Don

Comment

Working...
                                X