No announcement yet.

Jon00 Event Viewer & Documenter for HS3

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

It seems that Jon is as confused as I am about what you are stating. Broken Events are filterable and clearly show they are broken. What is it that you want?

Click image for larger version

Name:	capture.png
Views:	242
Size:	16.5 KB
ID:	1248082

Here is a broken Event I created for this post.
    ​​​​​​​

Name:	capture1.png
Views:	267
Size:	90.4 KB
ID:	1248083
    HS4 Pro, 4.2.19.16 Windows 10 pro, Supermicro LP Xeon

Comment

Have just installed both Event Viewer & Device Viewer... getting errors:
      In HS3 Log: Compiling script Jon00EventViewerASPX.vben: could not find library 'Scheduler.dll" (note I find Scheduler.dll in folder C:\Program Files (x86)\HomeSeer HS3)
      When I run http://xxx.xxx.x.xxx/Jon00eventviewer.aspx I get:
      Server Error in '/' Application.
      Method not found: 'System.String HomeSeerAPI.IHSApplication.GetEventVoiceCommand(Int32)'
      An unhandled exception was generated during the execution of the current web request. Information regarding the origin and location of the exception can be identified using the exception stack trace below.
      Stack Trace:
      [MissingMethodException: Method not found: 'System.String HomeSeerAPI.IHSApplication.GetEventVoiceCommand(Int32)'.] ASP.jon00deviceviewer_aspx.Page_Load(Object sender, EventArgs e) +0 System.Web.Util.CalliEventHandlerDelegateProxy.Callback(Obje ct sender, EventArgs e) +85 System.Web.UI.Control.OnLoad(EventArgs e) +61 System.Web.UI.Control.LoadRecursive() +98 System.Web.UI.Page.ProcessRequestMain(Boolean includeStagesBeforeAsyncPoint, Boolean includeStagesAfterAsyncPoint) +2640
      I tried running the .asp instead of .aspx and get no result (hangs).
      I get the same results when I run deviceviewer.aspx

Current Date/Time: 1/20/2019 8:47:15 PM
      HomeSeer Version: HS3 Pro Edition 3.0.0.478
      Operating System: Microsoft Windows 7 Home Premium - Work Station
      System Uptime: 0 Days 1 Hour 13 Minutes 47 Seconds
      IP Address:
      Number of Devices: 395
      Number of Events: 128
      Available Threads: 200
      HSTouch Enabled: True
      Event Threads: 0
      Event Trigger Eval Queue: 0
      Event Trigger Priority Eval Queue: 0
      Device Exec Queue: 0
      HSTouch Event Queue: 0
      Email Send Queue: 0
      Anti Virus Installed: Microsoft Security Essentials

Enabled Plug-Ins
      0.0.0.21: drhsIpPlugIn
      1.2018.717.1011: MyQ
      3.0.6742.17939: UltraRachio3
      3.0.0.2: UPB
      3.0.1.249: Z-Wave

Comment

It looks like your Homeseer dll files were not updated when you upgraded to .478. Check the version under properties for Scheduler.dll, HomeSeerAPI.dll & HSCF.dll and I'll do the same when back at home.
        Jon

Comment

Thanks... Scheduler.dll dated 9/17/18, HSCF.dll 9/14/18, HomeSeerAPI.dll 9/14/18
          Did some forum searching... some posts on not finding Scheduler.dll discuss how HS3 is started... I start with Task Scheduler... it is running as a process.
          Also find this in the log at startup:
          Jan-20 7:36:21 PM Startup Starting Event Scheduler...
          Jan-20 7:36:21 PM Error Compiling script Startup.vb: compiler initialization failed unexpectedly: The system cannot find the file specified.
          Jan-20 7:36:21 PM Error Compiling script Startup.vb: could not find library 'Scheduler.dll'
          Jan-20 7:36:21 PM Startup Running the startup script Startup.vb

Comment

Originally posted by Jayhawk View Post
            Thanks... Scheduler.dll dated 9/17/18, HSCF.dll 9/14/18, HomeSeerAPI.dll 9/14/18
            Did some forum searching... some posts on not finding Scheduler.dll discuss how HS3 is started... I start with Task Scheduler... it is running as a process.
            Also find this in the log at startup:
            Jan-20 7:36:21 PM Startup Starting Event Scheduler...
            Jan-20 7:36:21 PM Error Compiling script Startup.vb: compiler initialization failed unexpectedly: The system cannot find the file specified.
            Jan-20 7:36:21 PM Error Compiling script Startup.vb: could not find library 'Scheduler.dll'
            Jan-20 7:36:21 PM Startup Running the startup script Startup.vb
            The files look good. Did you try starting HS3 manually?
            Jon

Comment

While some people have reported that HomeSeer runs via task scheduler, many have had problems, especially with file permissions. HomeSeer is designed to be run as an application with administrative permissions. When it is not running as an application under a user with administrative privileges you can encounter UAC and permission issues. I have seen database corruption because HomeSeer was not stopped in an orderly fashion. Every time I have helped other users with these problems, changing HomeSeer to running as an application and under a logged in user has eliminated them.

Comment

Yep... that was the issue. Stopped the task and then ran the .exe as admin directly and both device and event viewers run without problem.
                Thanks for your help!
                Thought I had found in the forum that task scheduler was the best way to start HS... don't remember where that would have been.
                Will investigate to find a preferred way... want it to start on reboot without attendance.

Comment

Yep... that was the issue. Stopped the task and then ran the .exe as admin directly and both device and event viewers run without problem.
                  Thanks for your help!
                  Thought I had found in the forum that task scheduler was the best way to start HS... don't remember where that would have been.
                  Will investigate to find a preferred way... want it to start on reboot without attendance.
                  Good to here. I use startup delayer: https://www.r2.com.au/page/products/...artup-delayer/
                  Jon

Comment

Thanks for your help!
                    I recommend Startup Delayer from R2 Labs. It is very reliable and does launch HS under the highest privileges. I also recommend setting UAC to the minimum. and have Windows autostart as a logged in user by configuring through netplwiz.exe. This method is perfect and always has HomeSeer running under a logged in user. If you share the computer with other tasks (not recommended), you can switch users, but do not log the HS user out.

Comment

Thanks for the advice... I'll go with your suggestions!

Comment

jon00 running Event Viewer 1.0.6 with HS3 .478 on Windows 10 i think i have bumped into a couple bugs:

(a) i notice that the Device list in the pull down filter menu seems not to be sorted completely alphabetically, it seems to sort in several alphabetical groups. These 2 screen shots show "Ω Motion Control Settings Motion Sensors Enabled" sorted separately from all the other devices in that room and "Ω System BLOccuppied Simulation" sorted separately from the other devices in "Ω System", as an example:

Name:	devices_1.png
Views:	296
Size:	17.6 KB
ID:	1282694

Name:	devices_2.png
Views:	231
Size:	13.0 KB
ID:	1282695

(b) if i select certain devices, such as "Ω Motion Control Settings Theater Enabled" i get this error:

Code:
                         [TABLE]
                        [TR]
                        [TD]Oops! Something went wrong. Try a page refresh.[/TD]
                         		[/TR]
                        [TR]
                        [TD] [/TD]
                         		[/TR]
                        [TR]
                        [TD]Error in Main Block 14h: System.NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object. at scriptcode805.VBWrapper.Main(Object MyData)[/TD]
                         		[/TR]
                        [/TABLE]
                        HS3 Log shows:
                        Feb-05 5:49:41 PM Jon00_EventView Error in Main Block 14h: System.NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object. at scriptcode805.VBWrapper.Main(Object MyData)
                        Feb-05 5:49:41 PM Jon00_EventView Error in EventData Block 2: System.ArgumentOutOfRangeException: StartIndex cannot be less than zero. Parameter name: startIndex at System.String.Substring(Int32 startIndex, Int32 length) at scriptcode805.VBWrapper.EventData(String EventID)

I think (a) is not related to special characters (at least not directly) because I see the devices in my "Locks" location also sorted into groups at several different points in the list. I think (b) is likely related to having "Ω" in the location name since when i change the location name to one without a special character in it i don't get this error.

(btw, i use "Ω" to get HS3 to sort those locations to the bottom of my list. If there is not an easy fix, i can stop doing that of course.) Thanks!

Comment

The event list is loaded into an array and then sorted using the Array sort command before populating the drop down. Therefore all I can think is that you have additional characters (maybe 2 spaces) in these unordered events which could cause this?

Regarding b), what were you searching for? Events that contained the selected device?
                          Jon

Comment

Originally posted by rprade View Post
                            I recommend Startup Delayer from R2 Labs. It is very reliable and does launch HS under the highest privileges.
                            I tried Startup Delayer, it does "launch HS under the highest privileges" - but only after I accept UAC prompt for Startup Delayer itself How do I disable that?

Comment

Originally posted by jon00 View Post
                              The event list is loaded into an array and then sorted using the Array sort command before populating the drop down. Therefore all I can think is that you have additional characters (maybe 2 spaces) in these unordered events which could cause this?
                              I don’t know why, for example, one group of devices in the “Locks” Room is in a different part of the list than another group of devices. Since all those devices are in the same location 1 it could not be that some are in “Locks” and others are in “ Locks”. It is not that devices are sorted oddly within the Locks section, it is that there are “Locks...” in different parts of the list. Very odd. I can PM you more pictures or the page source if that would help?

Regarding b), what were you searching for? Events that contained the selected device?
                              Yes, events that contain the device. Thanks

Comment

Originally posted by mda View Post

I don’t know why, for example, one group of devices in the “Locks” Room is in a different part of the list than another group of devices. Since all those devices are in the same location 1 it could not be that some are in “Locks” and others are in “ Locks”. It is not that devices are sorted oddly within the Locks section, it is that there are “Locks...” in different parts of the list. Very odd. I can PM you more pictures or the page source if that would help?

There is nothing I can change here as I have no control of the Array sort. I'll try and reproduce the error.

Jon

Comment

Working...
                                X