No announcement yet.

Jon00 Event Viewer & Documenter for HS3

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Can any of the raspberry pi users tell me which version of mono is able to run Jon00EventViewer.aspx?

I've downgraded to 5.14.0.177 but that doesn't seem low enough.

I cannot install 5.01 from the repository since it lacks a RELEASE file and apt deems it insecure. I'm trying 5.2.0 now...

Comment

5.0.1.1 is the last version that works, however please see this thread for a workaround.
      Jon

Comment

After applying the patch from Bill on GitHub, I have it working on my Raspberry pi and 5.18.1.0.

https://github.com/mono/mono-basic/issues/52

Thanks

Comment

Couple of suggestions for improvements -

Would it be possible to have this utility validate replacement variables in an event to ensure the references are valid? In other words, look for usage of $$DVR or $$DVT, etc. and ensure the referenced device still exists? Similar to the "Broken" event functionality.

Would it be possible to schedule this page to run in an event on some regular/triggered basis?

Comment

Originally posted by mterry63 View Post

Would it be possible to have this utility validate replacement variables in an event to ensure the references are valid? In other words, look for usage of $$DVR or $$DVT, etc. and ensure the referenced device still exists? Similar to the "Broken" event functionality.

Would it be possible to schedule this page to run in an event on some regular/triggered basis?
            It may be possible to check for replacement variables but I'm concerned it may slow things down even further for people with a large number of events. Let me take a look.....

You can run the page using hs.GetURL from an event but what would be the purpose?
            Jon

Comment

Originally posted by mterry63 View Post

I run a full event list and a broken event report on Saturday mornings, using the methods in the documentation.

I run the method

Click image for larger version

Name:	8372DB21-81C8-44F4-BFB9-59D7436C4E7D.jpeg
Views:	278
Size:	16.9 KB
ID:	1321769

then email the event list to my email address. Then

Name:	B0B6DF20-F3BE-48A5-8C99-95414664FCC1.jpeg
Views:	254
Size:	18.5 KB
ID:	1321770

and email it. That way I have a current listing of events as well as notification of any incomplete or broken events.
              HS4 Pro, 4.2.19.0 Windows 10 pro, Supermicro LP Xeon

Comment

I'm trying to use the example Randy provided, but I am getting errors. If I leave the Sub or Function field blank, I get no errors.

Aug-19 1:37:02 PM Error DeSerializing object (byte): Unable to load type A.c71d5cdb2ed4347ec1505c1d2979a3dba+action required for deserialization. Source=mscorlib
                Aug-19 1:37:02 PM Error DeSerializing object (byte): Unable to load type A.c71d5cdb2ed4347ec1505c1d2979a3dba+action required for deserialization. Source=mscorlib
                Thanks
                Don

Comment

Originally posted by donstephens View Post
                  I'm trying to use the example Randy provided, but I am getting errors. If I leave the Sub or Function field blank, I get no errors.
                  Thanks
                  Mine runs fine under Windows. Could this possibly be a Linux (Mono) issue?
                  HS4 Pro, 4.2.19.0 Windows 10 pro, Supermicro LP Xeon

Comment

Windows 8. I'm wondering if I might have an out of date support file.
                    Don

Comment

Originally posted by rprade View Post
                      I run a full event list and a broken event report on Saturday mornings, using the methods in the documentation.

I run the method

Name:	8372DB21-81C8-44F4-BFB9-59D7436C4E7D.jpeg
Views:	278
Size:	16.9 KB
ID:	1321769

then email the event list to my email address. Then

Name:	B0B6DF20-F3BE-48A5-8C99-95414664FCC1.jpeg
Views:	254
Size:	18.5 KB
ID:	1321770

and email it. That way I have a current listing of events as well as notification of any incomplete or broken events.
                      Exactly what I needed. I should have read the documentation!

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk

Comment

Version 1.0.7 is now available which adds support for device related broken replacement variables in event conditions.
                        Jon

Comment

Jon00, I know how busy you must be, but your graphic footer needs updating. Especially your "Brexit" blurb - it should read "Brexit: No prospect of a deal, period. It was fun while it lasted..."

Jim Speiser
                          38-year veteran of Home Automation
                          Still don't know squat

Comment

I need help with installation of Jon00 Event Viewer & Documenter for HS3. I am running HS3 Pro Edition 3.0.0.548 (Windows 10). I have placed the various files in the HS3 folders as specified. When I call up the page jon00eventviewer.asp, it grinds away forever and never loads. I have about 600 events, which should take less than 1 minute to load. There are no error messages in the log. How do I troubleshoot? Thanks, Elliott
                            "Living with technology means living in a [constant] state of flux." S. Higgenbotham, 2023
                            "Reboot and rejoice!" F. Pishotta, 1989

Comment

Not sure. Have you tried running a report via the script method to see if that works (read the docs).
                              Jon

Comment

Hi Jon;
                                The report gets generated, just get that error message. By the way is it possible to generate the report in an html format?
                                Don

Comment

Working...
                                X