Jon00 Device Viewer & Documenter

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Feature Request: Add Controls.

Any chance you can add the "Controls" to the query results pages. Since each query generates a URL. we could build a "library" of queries/bookmarks which narrow down device lists. Adding controls to the results pages would then let us not just view / find devices, but control them as well.
    My home is smarter than your honor roll student.

Comment

Originally posted by jon00 View Post
      Many thanks Billy. Appreciate the compliments and donation. I've responded to your PM.
      No thanks necessary Jon. I use a number of your applications and all are top notch. Thanks for your help and all of the contributions you make.
      Billy

Comment

When futzing around with this, another of Jon00's excellent freebies, I encountered something odd.
        Not sure what to make of this other than possibly finding a bum device.

If I try to get an "Advanced View" of one certain device....I get the following error.
        Oops! Something went wrong!
        Error in Main Block 37: System.NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object. at scriptcode13.VBWrapper.Main(Object MyData)

I was able to see the device in Device View Results, but if I tried to view the Advanced View of the same query, I get the error above.

If I click on the device ID to view all of the parameters, it fais with the above error.

If I click on the Device Name to open it in the normal HomeSeer Device Edit screen, it opens fine, and from what I can see, it is configured correctly. And it operates properly, including via voice control.

The device is created by a plug-in, and I have others of the same type that are all working properly. In fact, I ran queries that resulted in showing advanced details of all 4868 devices and all showed fine with the exception of this one.

I've opened and edited the device (changed Voice control options, changed rooms, changed floors etc) but no luck.

I doubt it's a problem with Jon00's script, but I thought I'd fling this out here since this is where it's surfacing.

Any Ideas are welcome.

Comment

I ended up deleting the device, and re-adding it and now all is right with the world. Kudos again to Jon00 for an excellent tool.
          Last edited by Mr_Resistor; August 4, 2018, 11:11 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Mr_Resistor View Post

Any chance you can add the "Controls" to the query results pages. Since each query generates a URL. we could build a "library" of queries/bookmarks which narrow down device lists. Adding controls to the results pages would then let us not just view / find devices, but control them as well.
            I did consider this when writing the utility. Unfortunately, there are too many control types and as written, can only be operated by JSON commands. Therefore something like a single dimmer (0-100) would need 101 different URL's. It may be possible to do something on the CAPI Control advanced view where each command is individually shown. Let me have a think about this again.
            Last edited by jon00; August 5, 2018, 02:55 AM.
            Jon

Comment

When futzing around with this, another of Jon00's excellent freebies, I encountered something odd.
              Not sure what to make of this other than possibly finding a bum device.

If I try to get an "Advanced View" of one certain device....I get the following error.
              Oops! Something went wrong!
              Error in Main Block 37: System.NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object. at scriptcode13.VBWrapper.Main(Object MyData)

I was able to see the device in Device View Results, but if I tried to view the Advanced View of the same query, I get the error above.

If I click on the device ID to view all of the parameters, it fais with the above error.

If I click on the Device Name to open it in the normal HomeSeer Device Edit screen, it opens fine, and from what I can see, it is configured correctly. And it operates properly, including via voice control.

The device is created by a plug-in, and I have others of the same type that are all working properly. In fact, I ran queries that resulted in showing advanced details of all 4868 devices and all showed fine with the exception of this one.

I've opened and edited the device (changed Voice control options, changed rooms, changed floors etc) but no luck.

I doubt it's a problem with Jon00's script, but I thought I'd fling this out here since this is where it's surfacing.

Any Ideas are welcome.
              I took a look at the error and this section of code just uses standard calls to read data about the device. It looks like there must have been some corruption in the database and recreating it solved the issue.
              Jon

Comment

I took a look at the error and this section of code just uses standard calls to read data about the device. It looks like there must have been some corruption in the database and recreating it solved the issue.
                Thanks Jon. That confirmed my suspicion. Appreciate you taking a peek just the same.

Comment

I did consider this when writing the utility. Unfortunately, there are too many control types and as written, can only be operated by JSON commands. Therefore something like a single dimmer (0-100) would need 101 different URL's. It may be possible to do something on the CAPI Control advanced view where each command is individually shown. Let me have a think about this again.
                  This would be supercool. If you could replicate the controls that appear on the regular HS "Home" screen onto your "Device View" results screen (or a new one that maybe excluded "Address" to save some screen real estate), that would be awesome.

Any chance we'll see a "scalable" screen soon, instead of fixed width columns.... things get a little cramped with longer device names which seem to bleed over into address. Room seems to wrap within it's cell, but the name doesn't contain itself.

Thanks again for ANOTHER outstanding "can't live without" contribution to the HS community.

Comment

This would be supercool. If you could replicate the controls that appear on the regular HS "Home" screen onto your "Device View" results screen (or a new one that maybe excluded "Address" to save some screen real estate), that would be awesome.
                    I've made a new control page which uses JSON and Javascript. Everything is contained in a single drop down which allows a neater presentation vs lots of buttons. I didn't want to add it to the device view page as it would necessitate a page refresh to reflect the change. This way you can still search and operate controls easily. Any good?

Click image for larger version

Name:	control.png
Views:	332
Size:	55.6 KB
ID:	1238372

Last edited by jon00; August 5, 2018, 11:37 AM.
                    Jon

Comment

Any chance we'll see a "scalable" screen soon, instead of fixed width columns.... things get a little cramped with longer device names which seem to bleed over into address. Room seems to wrap within it's cell, but the name doesn't contain itself.
                      I have to keep the column widths fixed so that they match the static header at the top which does not move. I can change the behavior so that it wraps within the space.

Jon

Comment

I've made a new control page which uses JSON and Javascript. Everything is contained in a single drop down which allows a neater presentation vs lots of buttons. I didn't want to add it to the device view page as it would necessitate a page refresh to reflect the change. This way you can still search and operate controls easily. Any good?

Click image for larger version  Name:	control.png Views:	1 Size:	55.6 KB ID:	1238372

Sounds very promising...can't wait to try it. Looks like there is space to spare....maybe add "Device ID" and "Last Updated" and/or "Device Type"?
                        Last edited by Mr_Resistor; August 5, 2018, 02:42 PM.

Comment

Please try Version 1.0.4 on my site.

Changes since V1.0.2:

V1.0.3 – 15th July 2018
                          Added Device View Modes (30 sec refresh, 1 min refresh & 5 min refresh)
                          (Not released)
                          Requires Homeseer version 3.0.0.451 or higher

V1.0.4 – 5th August 2018
                          Added Control Page via drop down
                          Added control buttons to Advanced View
                          Small bug fix to the documented output
                          Name column on device view now wraps correctly

Please let me know what you think of the new control page.
                          Jon

Comment

Please try Version 1.0.4 on my site.

Changes since V1.0.2:

V1.0.3 – 15th July 2018
                            Added Device View Modes (30 sec refresh, 1 min refresh & 5 min refresh)
                            (Not released)

V1.0.4 – 5th August 2018
                            Added Control Page via drop down
                            Added control buttons to Advanced View
                            Small bug fix to the documented output
                            Name column on device view now wraps correctly

Please let me know what you think of the new control page.
                            Brilliant. Being able to bookmark the URL with the filters is a dream come true now that Controls are listed. Another donation sent.

Comment

Jon;

I Installed V1.0.4. I don't seem to be able to get any controls. I have tried filtering on rooms, floor, etc. I always get 0 devices. Here I have filtered on the server closet, where there are 10 controllable Z-Wave switches, yet 0 are displayed. If I use Advanced for display, I get all the devices.

Click image for larger version  Name:	Capture.PNG Views:	1 Size:	30.7 KB ID:	1238423
                              HS4 Pro, 4.2.19.0 Windows 10 pro, Supermicro LP Xeon

Comment

If you go to advanced view, do you see control buttons under the CAPI Control section?
                                Jon

Comment

Working...
                                X