Jon00 Device Viewer & Documenter

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by MattL0 View Post

Hi jon, I have the same error on the hs4 package. Do you this you can do the same thing as you did on post #73 , When you got the time ?

Thanks again
    Done!
    Jon

Comment

jon00 Thanks, works great.

Comment

In HS4 feature's parent device is important property.

Is it possible to have column for parent in 'Display Output' 'Device View'?

Comment

I'm not quite sure I understand. Are you saying you want an indication which device is a parent and which is a child? Why would this help you? Device View is designed to be a simple display mechanism.
          Jon

Comment

I thought that in HS4 device names were meant to be distinctive and feature names can be generic. Anyway, that's how I was planning to build my HS4.

For example Plugwise plug devices have energy metering feature. I have category for such features. In Device View if I filter by that category I see only Names 'Watt Hours'.

At the moment I still have only generic names also for Floor and Room. Later when I have named them better I can recognize device with them, but it would be nice to see also real device name where feature belongs in Device View.

Comment

Hello,

When I access this on my system I get "Error Processing ASP.NET page: Object reference not set to an instance of an object."

I checked the windows logs and found this message for the timestamp:
              The application-specific permission settings do not grant Local Activation permission for the COM Server application with CLSID {3480A401-BDE9-4407-BC02-798A866AC051} and APPID {30AD8C8E-AE85-42FA-B9E8-7E99E3DFBFC5}

It is installed on HS4/Win10. The user running HS4 is in the administrator group. I had the HS4 PDFs in the zip files so I think I got the right version.

Has anyone run into this and know how to solve it or am I about to have a thrilling windows registry experience?

Comment

Shutdown HS4 and restart using its desktop icon. Does that make any difference?
                Jon

Comment

Jon00:

Most useful, however, is there no way to filter on technology address? This would be useful in situations where the Insteon PI tells you, e.g.,

0D.92.F0 found in First Floor Master Bedroom Mini Remote

I have no idea what 0D.92.F0 is, or used to be. I suppose I should just go ahead and delete it anyway, but t'would be nice.

If this is covered elsewhere, just point me to it.

Thanks!

Current Date/Time: 5/7/2021 11:31:03 AM
                  HomeSeer Version: HS3 Standard Edition 3.0.0.548
                  Operating System: Microsoft Windows 10 Home - Work Station
                  System Uptime: 4 Days 2 Hours 10 Minutes 32 Seconds
                  IP Address: 192.168.9.121
                  Number of Devices: 369
                  Number of Events: 125
                  Available Threads: 600
                  HSTouch Enabled: True
                  Event Threads: 1
                  Event Trigger Eval Queue: 0
                  Event Trigger Priority Eval Queue: 0
                  Device Exec Queue: 0
                  HSTouch Event Queue: 0
                  Email Send Queue: 0
                  Anti Virus Installed: Windows Defender
                  In Virtual Machine: No MFG: gigabyte technology co., ltd.
                  Enabled Plug-Ins
                  3.0.0.73: EasyTrigger
                  3.0.7.1: Insteon Thermostat
                  3.0.7.19: Insteon
                  1.0.0.354: MagicHome
                  1.2020.705.1301: MyQ
                  3.0.7561.23130: UltraRachio3

Jim Speiser
                  38-year veteran of Home Automation
                  Still don't know squat

Comment

If you want to find something like this just add 0D.92.F0 to the search box.
                    Jon

Comment

Hi jon00,

Is there a way to view all devices with status "on".

I checked the plugin and forum, but did not found anything like it...

Thanks,
                      jack

Comment

Originally posted by Jackpost View Post
                        Hi jon00,

Is there a way to view all devices with status "on".

I checked the plugin and forum, but did not found anything like it...

Thanks,
                        jack
                        No, but you can always export the output to a text file and search that.
                        Jon

Comment

Hi Jon

I am trying to find a way to report all z-wave nodes devices in my system (without the z-wave node utility as it looks like i am missing devices from that list)

Is there anyway you can see I can use either of yout tools to only reports z-wave devices with their node id ?

My problem is I happens to have z-wave devices where if I go in the device/z-wave tab, i can see "Information about Node X" but the "Node Number" field is empty, I would like to have to tool to list those problematic devices.

thanks

(either that or is there a way to sort devices on category, then i could sort on my "Z-Wave" category)

Comment

You can sort devices by category in the HS4 version of this utility.
                            Jon

Comment

Originally posted by jon00 View Post
                              You can sort devices by category in the HS4 version of this utility.
                              OOOPS.... looks like I missed that one, will try thanks a lot

Comment

Working...
                              X