No announcement yet.

Jon00 Syslog Utility / UDP & TCP monitor

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I have a similar size network with lots of wired and wireless devices. No Alexa, but 24+ tasmota IoT devices. With Unifi, you only need one router/gateway since you can configure VLANs and assign ports and SSIDs to specific VLANs. Same for guest WiFi. From there you setup firewall rules to allow specific traffic to flow (or not) between VLANs. For example, I allow guests to print but not access network drives nor each other (P2P). I have the USG-3P Security Gateway but I'm looking at upgrading to either the USG-Pro-4 or possibly the UDM-Pro, since I'm also looking at replacing some old HikVision cameras with 4K Unifi Protect cameras.

Kind of off topic but something to think about.
    "if I have seen further [than others], it is by standing on the shoulders of giants." --Sir Isaac Newton (1675)

Comment

I am leaning toward Mikrotik right now. From what I have experienced their equipment is equal to Ubiquity in quality and functionality and a little lower cost. I am thinking of using their hEX router and two other routers plus switches and WAPs to build out a configuration like this: https://pcper.com/2016/08/steve-gibs...ot-insecurity/

All my cameras are hard wired.

Comment

Note: HS4 Version ONLY

V1.1.0 is now available:

Changes since V1.0.1:

Added full support for Linux.
        Added setup pages for easy configuration.
        Added Global Variable to store the triggered Syslog message.
        Added JSON URL as an action trigger.
        Added Watch Period and Trigger count option to Message Triggers.
        Changed Message Trigger retrigger period from Milliseconds to Seconds.
        Jon

Comment

jon00

Not quite 2 days ago I updated from HS3 to HS4. I updated the Syslog PI package (DLd again from your server) but made no other changes at all

Since then this is the PI's log...

9/8/2022 11:27:13 PM Error in Trigger Block 1: Index was out of range. Must be non-negative and less than the size of the collection.
          Parameter name: index
          9/8/2022 11:28:50 PM Error in Trigger Block 1: Index was out of range. Must be non-negative and less than the size of the collection.
          9/9/2022 6:05:51 AM Error in Trigger Block 1: Index was out of range. Must be non-negative and less than the size of the collection.
          9/9/2022 6:45:05 AM Error in Trigger Block 1: Index was out of range. Must be non-negative and less than the size of the collection.
          9/9/2022 8:39:49 AM Error in Trigger Block 1: Index was out of range. Must be non-negative and less than the size of the collection.
          9/9/2022 9:13:45 AM Error in Trigger Block 1: Index was out of range. Must be non-negative and less than the size of the collection.
          9/9/2022 9:46:46 AM Error in Trigger Block 1: Index was out of range. Must be non-negative and less than the size of the collection.
          9/9/2022 9:50:57 AM Error in Trigger Block 1: Index was out of range. Must be non-negative and less than the size of the collection.
          9/9/2022 4:07:12 PM Error in Trigger Block 1: Index was out of range. Must be non-negative and less than the size of the collection.
          9/9/2022 4:08:38 PM Error in Trigger Block 1: Index was out of range. Must be non-negative and less than the size of the collection.
          9/9/2022 4:08:59 PM Error in Trigger Block 1: Index was out of range. Must be non-negative and less than the size of the collection.
          9/9/2022 7:29:56 PM Error in Trigger Block 1: Index was out of range. Must be non-negative and less than the size of the collection.
          9/9/2022 7:30:23 PM Error in Trigger Block 1: Index was out of range. Must be non-negative and less than the size of the collection.
          9/10/2022 7:26:55 AM Error in Trigger Block 1: Index was out of range. Must be non-negative and less than the size of the collection.
          9/10/2022 7:27:26 AM Error in Trigger Block 1: Index was out of range. Must be non-negative and less than the size of the collection.
          9/10/2022 8:53:13 AM Error in Trigger Block 1: Index was out of range. Must be non-negative and less than the size of the collection.
          9/10/2022 8:53:52 AM Error in Trigger Block 1: Index was out of range. Must be non-negative and less than the size of the collection.
          9/10/2022 8:54:14 AM Error in Trigger Block 1: Index was out of range. Must be non-negative and less than the size of the collection.
          9/10/2022 9:58:08 AM Error in Trigger Block 1: Index was out of range. Must be non-negative and less than the size of the collection.
          9/10/2022 11:21:00 AM Error in Trigger Block 1: Index was out of range. Must be non-negative and less than the size of the collection.
          9/10/2022 12:24:19 PM Error in Trigger Block 1: Index was out of range. Must be non-negative and less than the size of the collection.
          9/10/2022 3:17:22 PM Error in Trigger Block 1: Index was out of range. Must be non-negative and less than the size of the collection.
          9/10/2022 3:23:21 PM Error in Trigger Block 1: Index was out of range. Must be non-negative and less than the size of the collection.

Comment

Did you check the settings on the setup page as there may be some differences between the HS3/HS4 versions?

What are your settings for this particular syslog?
            Jon

Comment

Originally posted by jon00 View Post
              Did you check the settings on the setup page as there may be some differences between the HS3/HS4 versions?

What are your settings for this particular syslog?
              I may have I think I figured out that issue BUT... using your GUI (really nice!) I just added 3 new Triggers (kept all the prior triggers)... its not creating the devices for them. I restarted the PI using your GUI button. All are Disabled = No (checked INI, Disabled = 0)

any idea why?

Comment

Not without seeing your configuration.....
                Jon

Comment

Not without seeing your configuration.....
                  attached
                  Attached Files

Comment

I cannot see anything wrong.

I loaded your config onto my test system and all the devices were created:

Click image for larger version

Name:	Capture.png
Views:	123
Size:	166.7 KB
ID:	1565743
                    Jon

Comment

Where does it make the Trigger <-> HSdevice associations? I think I may need to force it.
                      In HS3 it was working great and you can see in HS4 the pre-existing devices are working (some updated yesterday).
                      In the screenshot the Names are different since I renamed years ago in HS3
                      So, this is what mine looks like in HS4. Note, the .3 (ones I added to SysLog yesterday) do not show.

Name:	HS4_SysLog.jpg
Views:	106
Size:	94.5 KB
ID:	1565775

Comment

Devices are created automatically. There is no way to force creation.

I deleted the last 3 devices and then added them back 1 by 1. A new device was created after about 30 seconds for each.

Views:	142
Size:	57.0 KB
ID:	1565886

Have you tried restarting Homeseer?

Whilst it may not be desirable, all I can think is that you delete all your devices and let the PI recreate them for you.

Jon

Comment

Devices are created automatically. There is no way to force creation.

I deleted the last 3 devices and then added them back 1 by 1. A new device was created after about 30 seconds for each.

Views:	142
Size:	57.0 KB
ID:	1565886

Have you tried restarting Homeseer?

Whilst it may not be desirable, all I can think is that you delete all your devices and let the PI recreate them for you.
                          Yeah, I restarted a few times, its not creating them. Is it possible the renaming I of the existing ones messed up the tracking? I'd think it would see the 3 new Triggers were not created and do it? Maybe a good test on your side is to rename the existing ones, then add a few more new ones and see if it creates them? Or there is some issue with moving from HS3 to HS4 that broke the validation/creation methods. If the associations were in the INI or a SQLlite DB I'd just add them manually.

Comment

Renaming should make no difference and I have no idea about the HS3/HS4 move causing issues.

It's not the first time devices have 'disappeared' in HS4.

Have you removed the filters and just searched for say 'Aaron' ?

If you use my device viewer, have you tried that to see if they are there?

Jon

Comment

UPDATE: Its working now... Just for grins I shutdown HS4 and copied over the ZIP'd files - then restarted HS4. The missing devices were created. That was ODD! There were no Syslog debug logs or errors in HS4 log but something was either missing (not copied over) or a file was corrupt.

thx for you patience! (and the great script!)

Comment

Hi jon00 , any chance you can have an option to disable the logging for 'match on trigger N. Triggering any configured actions' in the HomeSeer log for certain triggers, they can fill up the log pretty quick, is there something I can put in the 'HS Log Trigger Message:' field to disable it from displaying at all ?

Comment

Working...
                                X