Jon00 Bluetooth and iBeacons ?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Jon00 Bluetooth and iBeacons ?

Jon, thanks for creating so many awesome tools, I'm just now getting my feet wet and there's so much to learn!

Hello everyone -
    Does the Jon00 Bluetooth plug-in work with iBeacons at all, or just Bluetooth enabled and paired phones?

If the plug-in does work with iBeacons, which ones are you using and do you like them?
    So far I've found the iStubb 2 Smart Finder iBeacons and the NaamaSmart iBeacons ... they get decent-ish reviews. I wish they were cheaper than $20 a tag!!

Thanks!

It doesn’t threees been a lot of discussion if you search the forum. Fetty did one for aircable a couple of years of that may still work.

Comment

Many thanks! I've found my way over to his sub and posted there. Thanks again for the guidance.

Comment

Originally posted by Inphosys View Post
        Jon, thanks for creating so many awesome tools, I'm just now getting my feet wet and there's so much to learn!

Hello everyone -
        Does the Jon00 Bluetooth plug-in work with iBeacons at all, or just Bluetooth enabled and paired phones?

If the plug-in does work with iBeacons, which ones are you using and do you like them?
        So far I've found the iStubb 2 Smart Finder iBeacons and the NaamaSmart iBeacons ... they get decent-ish reviews. I wish they were cheaper than $20 a tag!!

Thanks!
        Thanks.

Just to confirm, no it does not work with iBeacons.
        Jon

Comment

Im needing help getting my Bluetooth started again. Years ago on HS2 I had it running and loved it. I had it hooked up on my oxygen machine and when I left the house it would shut off and when I came home it would come on. I thought I had it all installed on right as per instructions, but not getting it. I haven't used it for a few years and forgot a lot, (old age). Looking for someone to help me please to see why its not working for me now. Thank you so much for any help at all.
          Jon has so many great programs and he is amazing.

First thing I did have the two Bluetooth Icons down in the lower corner, now I only have one.
          I know another issue is it states to put the exe line into the windows start up, Im having a hard time finding where that is. Im old and slow, and so please help me with a easy and kind way, most of the time people on here try to talk over your head, that is why I gave up on homeseer for a few years. But Jon was always there to help in a way I could understand. Thank you in advance for any help.
          danielbo

Comment

I am not getting nothing to show up one the homeseer devise page, seems has the Bluetooth is running fine and I have all the number entered, but nothing on the devise page. TY
            I did have two Bluetooth Icons in the bottom right of the screen, but now I only have the blue icon. Nothing is showing on the device page. I don't know what I am doing wrong. Looking for some help.
            danielbo

Comment

Hi Dan,

First thing, what Windows operating System are you using to run the Bluetooth client on? Does it have the same Bluetooth dongle that you used before on HS2?

Have you changed your Cell phone since the HS2 installation or is that the same?

If the client is running correctly, there will be a Bluetooth icon in the Windows system tray that toggles vertical then horizontal. Without that running, no devices will be created in HS3.

Before we sort out using Windows startup, you can always start the client manually by finding the exe in Windows explorer and double clicking on it.

Please remember that this plugin is now very old and there are newer detection methods available. Have you looked at using Geofencing to detect when you are near home?
              Jon

Comment

Hi!
                I keep looking for a Bluetooth plugin. One that runs on my windows PC and that can detect signal (preferably read RSSI levels) and detect when any standalone beacon type comes in range. There are Class 1 BT 5.0 iBeacons that can go over 1000 meters in open space now. I can think of TONS of uses for that...especially getting Wi-Fi and cellular delays and failures out of the way.

Comment

BLE beacon tracking plugin at https://forums.homeseer.com/forum/li...oth-low-energy

Comment

Working...
                  X