Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Jon00 Particulate Matter Sensor (Air Quality) Project for Homeseer 3 & Homeseer 4

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

How could I not?
    Real courage is not securing your Wi-Fi network.

Comment

Originally posted by Wadenut View Post
      How could I not?
      ???
      Jon

Comment

Originally posted by jon00 View Post

Any progress on this?
        To date only part of the orders have arrived... long boat from China to Australia. Patience is man’s greatest virtue.

Comment

Originally posted by baudfather View Post
          Thanks for putting this script together jon00 - is there a way to have HS display the US AQI scale as well (most commonly used in North America)? Just got mine up and running yesterday (still waiting for the temp sensor), just have to find a nice box to get it all into and a long power cable for it. Cheers!
          Just to let you know I've made good progress with adding US AQI. I'm also adding the UK and AUS AQI index whilst I'm about it.
          Jon

Comment

Originally posted by jon00 View Post

Just to let you know I've made good progress with adding US AQI. I'm also adding the UK and AUS AQI index whilst I'm about it.
            That's excellent, thanks so much! Even if it's a quasi-AQI index using available data is much appreiciated. Cheers!

Comment

That's excellent, thanks so much! Even if it's a quasi-AQI index using available data is much appreiciated. Cheers!

Version 1.0.1 is now available.

Changes since 1.0.0:

Added optional virtual devices for 24 hour average reading (PM10 and PM2.5).
              Added optional virtual devices for 12 hour average reading (PM10 and PM2.5).
              Added optional virtual devices for 6 hour average reading (PM10 and PM2.5).
              Added optional virtual devices for 1 hour average reading (PM10 and PM2.5).
              Added optional virtual devices for US Air quality index (PM10 and PM2.5 and highest of both).
              Added optional virtual devices for UK Air quality index (PM10 and PM2.5 and highest of both)
              Added optional virtual devices for AUS Air quality index (PM10 and PM2.5 and highest of both).
              Existing Virtual devices are now automatically deleted when disabled in the ini file.

Please note that the AQI readings will only be accurate once 24 hours have elapsed.
              Jon

Comment

Thanks so much jon00 ! Love being able to use this data as we're highly prone to forest fire smoke. Cheers!

Comment

Just a heads up jon00 - getting these errors:

Code:
                   [TABLE="cellspacing: 0"]
                  [TR]
                  [TD="align: left"][COLOR=#D58000]Jun-30 9:49:34 PM[/COLOR][/TD]
                   			[TD="align: left"] [/TD]
                   			[TD="colspan: 3, align: left"][COLOR=#D58000]Warning[/COLOR][/TD]
                   			[TD="colspan: 8, align: left"][COLOR=#D58000]File does not exist: /usr/local/HomeSeer/html/images/Devices/jon00/pmsensor/aqipm2.5.png[/COLOR][/TD]
                   		[/TR]
                  [/TABLE]
                  [TR]
                   			[TD="colspan: 8, align: left"][COLOR=#D58000]File does not exist: /usr/local/HomeSeer/html/images/Devices/jon00/pmsensor/aqi.png[/COLOR][/TD]
                   		[/TR]
                  [/TABLE]
                  [TR]
                   			[TD="colspan: 8, align: left"][COLOR=#D58000]File does not exist: /usr/local/HomeSeer/html/images/Devices/jon00/pmsensor/aqipm10.png[/COLOR][/TD]
                   		[/TR]
                  [/TABLE]
                  Didn't see them in the zip, maybe they got missed in the update.

Comment

Just a heads up jon00 - getting these errors:

Code:
                    [TR]
                    [TD="colspan: 8, align: left"][COLOR=#D58000]File does not exist: /usr/local/HomeSeer/html/images/Devices/jon00/pmsensor/aqipm2.5.png[/COLOR][/TD]
                    [/TR]
                    [/TABLE]
                    [TR]
                    [TD="colspan: 8, align: left"][COLOR=#D58000]File does not exist: /usr/local/HomeSeer/html/images/Devices/jon00/pmsensor/aqi.png[/COLOR][/TD]
                    [/TR]
                    [/TABLE]
                    [TR]
                    [TD="colspan: 8, align: left"][COLOR=#D58000]File does not exist: /usr/local/HomeSeer/html/images/Devices/jon00/pmsensor/aqipm10.png[/COLOR][/TD]
                    [/TR]
                    [/TABLE]
                    Didn't see them in the zip, maybe they got missed in the update.
                    Whoops, sorry about that. I've now added them to the download zip.
                    Jon

Comment

Hi all,

I have successfully managed to get a reading from the SDS011, and also the DHT22. But I am struggling to add the BMP180.
                      The configuration page seems to only want to allow 2 sensors to be added. Am I missing somewhere to add another sensor, or is there something I should be doing?

Thanks in advance, another great script Jon

Comment

Assuming you have the NodeMCU connected via WiFi, you just need to use the following URL

http://xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx/config

where xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx is the IP address assigned/configured for your NodeMCU over WiFi.

Jon

Comment

Doh!!!!!

Cheers Jon, I was trying to do the configuration in the wrong place.

Thanks again

Comment

Now the parts have finally arrived I am hoping to get back to this in the coming weeks.

On a side note,

Uradmonitor has a number of devices and recently released Snuggie early this year and they have provided to 10 to a blogger to give away.

You can read about the give away yourself:
                            https://seetheair.wordpress.com/2019...or-volunteers/

And about the Smoggie:
                            https://www.uradmonitor.com/products/

Other than having a UradMonitor device, I do not have any affiliation with this and nor am I volunteering for the give away.

Comment

Wow, this would be perfect for me as I have a hobby woodworking shop... do you have any idea if there's is a finer sensor? for woodworking the dangerous stuff is at 0.5 microns, and the "cheapest" option that has PC connectivity is $290USD (Dylos DC 1100 Pro). Even if I had to get a raspberry pi just to run a display it would still be cheaper!

Comment

Originally posted by guitarchitect View Post
                                Wow, this would be perfect for me as I have a hobby woodworking shop... do you have any idea if there's is a finer sensor? for woodworking the dangerous stuff is at 0.5 microns, and the "cheapest" option that has PC connectivity is $290USD (Dylos DC 1100 Pro). Even if I had to get a raspberry pi just to run a display it would still be cheaper!
                                This sensor is about $50 and it says it can go as low as .5 microns: https://www.sensirion.com/en/environ...-sensors-pm25/. It's interfaceable using I2C, so should be able to get data into HS using an Arduino or something like that.
                                HS 4.2.8.0: 2134 Devices 1252 Events
                                Z-Wave 3.0.10.0: 133 Nodes on one Z-Net

Comment

Working...
                                X