Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

DB Charting - No 3D

Hi Jon00/Group,

For some reason my DB Charting install doesn't seem to want to show 3D charts. I've tried several types, but am mostly interested in Classic Area 3D. I've set it as the chart type, but it just shows as 2D even though it's definitely changed.

I seem to remember ages ago reading that if 3D wasn't working, you'd likely be missing a DLL or something. I can't seem to find that reference anywhere now.

Any ideas what would stop 3D working?

The Demo mode has 3D, is that working?
    Jon

Comment

Bizarrely, yes. But this is what I get with a chart set to Classic Area 3D. I've not changed anything other than made it larger and removed data points. It doesn't look anything like the demo area 3D. Not sure what I'm doing wrong.

Attached Files

Comment

So what are your 3D settings in the Chart Style setup page?
        Jon

Comment

I've changed them slightly trying to make it look different, but they don't seem to change much. I even went to the extremes of the settings.
          Attached Files

Comment

You must be doing something wrong. I've just tried it here and it is working fine.

On your Chart Creation Setup page, check the Chart Style entry name and then make sure you modify that when you select the chart styles setup page.
            Jon

Comment

I just don't get what I'm doing wrong. When I updated to the latest version of DB Charting (I've been using it quite a while), I even removed the old version completely, including all my existing charts and .ini files. Very odd.
              Attached Files

Comment

I don't think it's related to the styles. I've taken ChartStyle1 from the demo style ini file and replaced the one in the non-demo file and I get exactly the same. I'm definitely using the right chart selection.

Very very odd. Oh well.. 2D charts it is

Comment

If you change the colour for one of the metrics for this chart, do you see that change?
                  Jon

Comment

Yes, just changed the pen colour and it changed on the chart.

Comment

Working...
                    X