DB Charting Crashing

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

DB Charting Crashing

My DB Charting Utility is crashing on my Win7 Hometroller. As far as I know its only started doing this in the last 2-3 days, and I haven't made any major changes in a while. Also, while preparing the image for the post, my Paint program informed me there's a platform update for win7. Should I update?

Sorry, I have no idea. Something must of changed with your environment to make this happen. All I will say is make sure you update the Homeseer dll files in the Bin\Jon00DBChart folder when you update HS3.
    Jon

Comment

Originally posted by tome10 View Post
      My DB Charting Utility is crashing on my Win7 Hometroller. As far as I know its only started doing this in the last 2-3 days, and I haven't made any major changes in a while. Also, while preparing the image for the post, my Paint program informed me there's a platform update for win7. Should I update?
      In case it helps, I have found there are two things that can affect Jon00DBChart crashes. The first is what Jon mentions above, which is to makes sure you update the .dlls every time you update HS3.
      The second is to make sure the HS3 is being run as an administrator, and that Jon00DBChart.exe is being run as an administrator. You can do this by right clicking on the .exe or shortcut that calls the .exe and selecting the Advanced tab. Then check Run as Administrator.

Comment

Well, it turns out my two solutions above don't completely prevent Jon00DBChart.exe from crashing. I have found a PC reboot does best, but that only lasts for so long. My symptoms are the icon no longer appears in the tray, and even when restarting Jon00DBChart with the .exe, the icon will disappear 10 seconds after restarting Jon00DBChart.exe. The graphs stop updating and my task manager is loaded with instances that are not functioning. See below. If I end all the processes, then the icon will stick around more than 10 seconds without rebooting. Perhaps this could be useful in diagnosing the issue.
        Click image for larger version

Name:	Capture.PNG
Views:	94
Size:	21.8 KB
ID:	1314290

Comment

Odd, that looks like the internal watchdog is creating multiple instances.

In the Jon00DBCharting.ini under [Settings], can you add:

Watchdog=0

See if that make a difference.
          Jon

Comment

Hi Jonn, I updated windows and I haven't experienced a crash since. I note that I didn't update the DLL.. But no issues. ;-/

Comment

Originally posted by tome10 View Post
              Hi Jonn, I updated windows and I haven't experienced a crash since. I note that I didn't update the DLL.. But no issues. ;-/
              Good to hear!
              Jon

Comment

Working...
              X