Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Can't get Plugin Enable/Disable Utility to work

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Can't get Plugin Enable/Disable Utility to work

    I have installed as per the instructions. I have added the Runscript to Startup.vb and I am able to see the two virtual devices.

    However, when I ran a test to disable Zwave, I see nothing in the log other than the Event trigger message. Likewise, if I disable Zwave manually and try to enable via the plugin - nothing happens.

    Is there a trace that can be enabled that might help to find the solution?

    Thanks for any pointers.

  • #2
    Did you restart Homeseer after configuration?
    Jon

    Comment


    • #3
      Yes, several times

      Comment


      • #4
        So the two devices were created OK and you can see all the plugins listed?

        Is this on Windows or Linux?

        Have you tried a different plugin to enable or disable?
        Jon

        Comment


        • #5
          HS3 is running on a Windows 10 machine. Yes, I see all my plugins listed and I also tried to disable BLRF - again nothing in the log.

          I'm assuming that I've forgotten something on my side, but I can't see what that might be......

          Comment


          • #6
            In the documentation under 'Installation and Operation', can you confirm the two requirements highlighted in gray?
            Jon

            Comment


            • #7
              See photos attached.

              Comment


              • #8
                Most odd. Would you please try V1 of the script also contained in the download zip.
                Jon

                Comment


                • #9
                  OK - I copied v1 to the scripts folder and changed the line in startup to "pluginset".

                  When I restarted HS3, in the log it gives an error "Plug-in data has not been defined"

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    No, there is no startup.vb entry for V1,

                    You just run the script Jon00PluginSet.vben from an event with script parameters as per the docs.

                    i.e.

                    Sub or Function: Main
                    Parameters:Z-Wave;0


                    (This would disable the Z-wave plugin)

                    Sub or Function: Main
                    Parameters:Z-Wave;1

                    (This would enable the Z-wave plugin)
                    Jon

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      I guess I should have read the V1 doc first, rather than assume it was setp the same way as V2.

                      Well - that works a treat!

                      Many thanks......but why would the V2 not work, I wonder?

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        Not sure.

                        If you still have V2 installed, run the script Jon00Plugin.vben via an event with the following script parameters:

                        Sub or Function: Main
                        Parameters: start

                        Then try enabling/disabling a plugin via the device drop downs manually.
                        Jon

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          OK -'ve run the v2 script via an event with those parameters - but I'm not sure what I should do to disable the plugin via the device drop down menu...... I can see the "disable device" and "Z-Wave" is already selected in the menu - but what do I do to execute it?

                          Comment


                          • #14
                            Delete the two virtual devices, then run the script event again. The two devices should be recreated. Then try the drop downs.
                            Jon

                            Comment


                            • #15
                              OK - deleted the old devices. Ran script and new devices created.

                              But nothing happened when I selected Z-wave in the drop-down.

                              Thought I'd give it another go - deleted the devices and ran script ........... no devices created! See photo

                              Comment

                              Working...
                              X