Can't get Plugin Enable/Disable Utility to work

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Can't get Plugin Enable/Disable Utility to work

I have installed as per the instructions. I have added the Runscript to Startup.vb and I am able to see the two virtual devices.

However, when I ran a test to disable Zwave, I see nothing in the log other than the Event trigger message. Likewise, if I disable Zwave manually and try to enable via the plugin - nothing happens.

Is there a trace that can be enabled that might help to find the solution?

Thanks for any pointers.

Did you restart Homeseer after configuration?
    Jon

Comment

Yes, several times

Comment

So the two devices were created OK and you can see all the plugins listed?

Is this on Windows or Linux?

Have you tried a different plugin to enable or disable?
        Jon

Comment

HS3 is running on a Windows 10 machine. Yes, I see all my plugins listed and I also tried to disable BLRF - again nothing in the log.

I'm assuming that I've forgotten something on my side, but I can't see what that might be......

Comment

In the documentation under 'Installation and Operation', can you confirm the two requirements highlighted in gray?
            Jon

Comment

See photos attached.

Comment

Most odd. Would you please try V1 of the script also contained in the download zip.
                Jon

Comment

OK - I copied v1 to the scripts folder and changed the line in startup to "pluginset".

When I restarted HS3, in the log it gives an error "Plug-in data has not been defined"

Comment

No, there is no startup.vb entry for V1,

You just run the script Jon00PluginSet.vben from an event with script parameters as per the docs.

i.e.

Sub or Function: Main
                    Parameters:Z-Wave;0

(This would disable the Z-wave plugin)

Parameters:Z-Wave;1

(This would enable the Z-wave plugin)
                    Jon

Comment

I guess I should have read the V1 doc first, rather than assume it was setp the same way as V2.

Well - that works a treat!

Many thanks......but why would the V2 not work, I wonder?

Comment

Not sure.

If you still have V2 installed, run the script Jon00Plugin.vben via an event with the following script parameters:

Parameters: start

Then try enabling/disabling a plugin via the device drop downs manually.
                        Jon

Comment

OK -'ve run the v2 script via an event with those parameters - but I'm not sure what I should do to disable the plugin via the device drop down menu...... I can see the "disable device" and "Z-Wave" is already selected in the menu - but what do I do to execute it?

Comment

Delete the two virtual devices, then run the script event again. The two devices should be recreated. Then try the drop downs.
                            Jon

Comment

OK - deleted the old devices. Ran script and new devices created.

But nothing happened when I selected Z-wave in the drop-down.

Thought I'd give it another go - deleted the devices and ran script ........... no devices created! See photo

Comment

Working...
                              X