PerfMon row-width exceeding HS3 header-width when extra columns are active

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• PerfMon row-width exceeding HS3 header-width when extra columns are active

Noticed that Perfmon plugin entries in Home were pushing the width of the web interface past the width of the default HS3 header when other columns are active.

Made the following adjustments in "Jon00PerfMon.ini" to make it fit:
    1. Search and replace (CTRL+H in notepad) all entries of "Graphsamplesize=150" into "Graphsamplesize=100"
    2. Adjust language strings (at end of ini) into: Phrase1="Lo: " and Phrase2=" Hi: "
    Everything fits nicely now.
    Click image for larger version  Name:	Screenshot_2019-08-30 HomeSeer Web Control.png Views:	0 Size:	40.8 KB ID:	1323515

Awesome plugin, just wish it was on the HS3 store

Originally posted by RoChess View Post

Awesome plugin, just wish it was on the HS3 store
    Jon does not offer plug-ins, they are scripts. As such they cannot be installed as a plug-in.

From the docs: "Graphsamplesize = 150 (Values 10 to 290)
    This is the maximum number of results that can be displayed on the mini graph. The graph physical size will increase to fit the data"

You do not need to edit the page, just change the settings in the ini file.

This will scale your graph width, though you will still go beyond the header width if you enable too many columns, or you control column is made too wide by device controls.
    Randy Prade
    Aurora, CO
    Prades.net

PHLocation - Pushover - EasyTrigger - UltraECM3 - Ultra1Wire3 - Arduino

Comment

Just for the record, this application is an unmanaged plugin (.exe) as it is not integrated directly within the Homeseer plugin methods. Scripts are normally run via an event and have file extensions of .vb .txt etc.

The space allocated for a device on the status area within the device management page is limited to a maximum of 300 x 300 pixels. This can be squashed horizontally depending on other device column content and which columns you have enabled from the Homeseer setup page. As Randy mentions, the device control column showing buttons has a big impact. If you only show PerfMon devices using the top drop down filters you should not need to change any settings. If you are trying to set your page up to show everything correctly with all devices showing, you will hit problems in the future.
      Jon

Comment

rprade for me it is not a problem to install any of Jon00's unmanaged plugins or scripts or whatever cool stuff available, because the installation instructions are well written, but they do scare away some HS3 users that are more used to "click once, possibly confirm, and I'd like to be done". If this does not work as a HS3 store easy to install plugin, then perhaps some type of installer could be written that does all the heavy lifting. This is all wishful thinking to get more users to be able to use awesome stuff like this, but I'm also fully aware that those users probably have no interest or use for Jon00PerfMon, and it would obviously require extra work to write/maintain the installer. My initial thinking was that this could be converted into a HS3 store plugin, but the responses suggest it is not that easy.

The reason for this thread was not that I was stuck and had a question, but more a "this helped me, perhaps it will help somebody else" while at the same time opening the discussion for those with more experience to reply "you idiot, did you not read the instructions, there is a much easier way to do this"

jon00 I was indeed trying to make it look correct with all devices showing while having extra columns visible. This was just me reporting back that I have achieved success, and that there is possibly one other person out there wanting the same results, but not sure how to do it. As I'm adding more devices it might be a lost cause to have it remain looking nice, but I'll cross that bridge when I get there.

Comment

Originally posted by jon00 View Post
          Just for the record, this application is an unmanaged plugin (.exe) as it is not integrated directly within the Homeseer plugin methods. Scripts are normally run via an event and have file extensions of .vb .txt etc.
          My bad! I should have written that many of yours are scripts. I am aware that some are executables.

Randy Prade
          Aurora, CO
          Prades.net

PHLocation - Pushover - EasyTrigger - UltraECM3 - Ultra1Wire3 - Arduino

Comment

Working...
          X