Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Jon00 plugin utility conflicts with Big5 plugin

dear John,

First many thanks for all the good work! I use your plugin Jon00 plugin utility for years and this works fine. But recently I installed the plugin Big5 to read weather API and put the outcome in HS devices. This also works fine. But when Big5 is processing the API to the HS devices, so running and I then want to disable or enable a plugin with your tool then I get an error message and the plugin Utility does not work anymore. A restart from the file Jon00Plugin.vben brings the Utility alive again.

So when an event has to disable a plugin and Big5 is running, then this action is not executed. This is the error:
    dec-04 09:30:14 Jon00_Plugin Error in Main Block 3: System.Net.WebException: The request was aborted: The operation has timed out. at System.Net.HttpWebRequest.GetResponse() at scriptcode3.VBWrapper.Main(String Parm)

Do you have any clue what to do?

many thanks!

It looks like Big5 is blocking my web request so have no control over this. Can you confirm if you do not run Big5, everything works OK?
    Jon

Comment

Yes the plugin is working great then! Only when Big5 plugin is active, so getting the weather API and set devices, then that error occurs. And I just saw also with another plugin from you, event viewer. Also a great plugin. Many thanks for that!

This is what the HS log shows and only when both are active at the same time. Event viewer is working fine as "stand alone"!
      dec-07 20:47:15 Jon00_EventView Error in Main Block 14h: System.NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object. at scriptcode98.VBWrapper.Main(Object MyData)

Comment

There is not much I can suggest then. I have no control how Big5 operates and cannot change my code either. Maybe my Datascraper utility can read your weather API so that you can dispense with Big5?
        Jon

Comment

I understand. Maybe there was a clue. But when there is not, then that is what it is. Many thanks!

I took al look at your plugin as suggested Datascraper utility. And maybe it is, but I first have to take a better look at it to understand the possibilities.

Again thanks for your help!

Comment

Originally posted by Ralfmen View Post
            I understand. Maybe there was a clue. But when there is not, then that is what it is. Many thanks!

I took al look at your plugin as suggested Datascraper utility. And maybe it is, but I first have to take a better look at it to understand the possibilities.

Again thanks for your help!
            OK, if you need some help, let me know.
            Jon

Comment

Working...
            X