X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Jon00 Links for Homeseer 4

This package allows you to:

» Add or replace links on the existing HS4 menu bar.
    » Links can be used for page navigation, run events or control existing devices.
    » Add user stylized widgets to the page with optional replacement variables to show HS information.
    » Change the size and color of the existing HS4 menu bar.
    » Optional auto-hide of the search bar.
    » Widgets can also be used with URL’s, control devices or trigger HS4 events when pressed.
    » Tool-tip support
    » Comprehensive setup pages provided.

Widgets are stylized objects which can be placed anywhere on the screen; referenced to the links menu bar. They can be used to display text or can defined as buttons, images etc which when pressed, can be used to run events, control devices or act as a link to a URL. With the use of replacement variables, real time clocks, Homeseer device information and metrics etc can easily be displayed.

The example below shows two new drop-down links (Legacy & Utility) together with widgets showing the HS4 version, real-time clock and User/Sunrise/Sunset times.

Legacy menu contains access to all the remaining HS3 pages within HS4.

Click image for larger version  Name:	hs4links1.PNG Views:	0 Size:	63.9 KB ID:	1362587

Compatible with Windows & Linux installations.

As always, it can be downloaded from my site (click on my banner below). Please post any comments here.

(No Banner seen?- check your Forum Settings - User Settings, Account, Tick 'Show Signature')
    Jon

Is it possible to add a left side hamburger menu/tool bar which would slide out to show what you have listed above and all the stuff on a system much like in Adobe PDF reader
    Am sure that would give much more access to the links to everything. Just a suggestion.
    example image below

Click image for larger version

Name:	dropdown-menu-settings-mm.png
Views:	3495
Size:	365.0 KB
ID:	1362623

Eman.
    TinkerLand : Life's Choices,"No One Size Fits All"

Comment

When HS4 is viewed on a mobile, that is how it now works. They made the changes in V4.0.1.23: https://docs.homeseer.com/display/HSPI/HS4+4.0.1.23

Jon

Comment

Originally posted by jon00 View Post
        When HS4 is viewed on a mobile, that is how it now works. They made the changes in V4.0.1.23: https://docs.homeseer.com/display/HSPI/HS4+4.0.1.23
        Lovely!

Eman.
        TinkerLand : Life's Choices,"No One Size Fits All"

Comment

Looks awesome! A few things in the early testing:

Anyway to make the Homeseer Web Control bar on top larger? In my Chrome browser I like to change the height to make it easier to see.

I'm getting these errors in the log:

2/14/2020 11:43:53 AM
          HomeSeer
          Error
          Running script: File not found: C:\Program Files (x86)\HomeSeer HS3\html\jon00eventviewer.asp
          2/14/2020 11:41:46 AM
          HomeSeer
          Error
          Running script: File not found: C:\Program Files (x86)\HomeSeer HS3\html\jon00deviceviewer.asp
          2/14/2020 11:38:41 AM
          HomeSeer
          Error
          Running script: File not found: C:\Program Files (x86)\HomeSeer HS3\html\jon00eventviewer.asp

Whenever I make a change and submit no change. Restart browser no change. Rerun the script changes appear.

So I'll play more over the weekend and send a few bucks your way. As always thanks for all the hard work!

Comment

Originally posted by Bigstevep View Post
            Looks awesome! A few things in the early testing:

Anyway to make the Homeseer Web Control bar on top larger? In my Chrome browser I like to change the height to make it easier to see.

I'm getting these errors in the log:

2/14/2020 11:43:53 AM
            HomeSeer
            Error
            2/14/2020 11:41:46 AM
            HomeSeer
            Error
            Running script: File not found: C:\Program Files (x86)\HomeSeer HS3\html\jon00deviceviewer.asp
            2/14/2020 11:38:41 AM
            HomeSeer
            Error

Whenever I make a change and submit no change. Restart browser no change. Rerun the script changes appear.

So I'll play more over the weekend and send a few bucks your way. As always thanks for all the hard work!
            Looks like I left some of my test links in the plugins menu. Go to the General setup page and find the plugins area. Delete links as necessary!

I don't touch the top dark blue bar but you can adjust the menu bar height. That is also on the general setup page.
            Jon

Comment

Thanks for this Jon,

Here are my insights so far, when I try adding links I have the following errors in the log each time I make a modification to a link. I doubled check and the Jon00LinksHS4.vben is in the /scripts directory

2-15-2020 10:01:48
              HomeSeer
              Error
              Loading script Jon00LinksHS4.vb :File not found: Jon00LinksHS4.vb

To have the link page updated, I absolutely have to restart HS4. Running the Jon00LinksHS4.vben does not refresh the links eventough I can see it run in the log file:

2-15-2020 10:13:48
              HomeSeer
              Event
              Event aaa-test HS Links Update triggered by the event page 'Run' button.

I can also see that links in the dropdown menu are not showing in the same order as entered in the links configuration page it looks like they are place in alphabetic order instead of link order, is it possible to have the choice ?

Some are also appearing twice in the menu (I had to go in another menu and come back to remove doubles) ,

Click image for larger version  Name:	jon00links03.PNG Views:	0 Size:	12.5 KB ID:	1362916

Click image for larger version  Name:	jon00links02.PNG Views:	0 Size:	17.8 KB ID:	1362915

one last thing, th submit button at the base of the links configuration page is always 'unavailable' :

Click image for larger version  Name:	jon00links.PNG Views:	0 Size:	2.1 KB ID:	1362917

Tests are done in chrome Version 79.0.3945.130 (Build officiel) (64 bits) over Hs4 4.0.1.30

Comment

Sorry, another bug! Download again and replace Jon00LinksHS4ASPX.vben from the download zip.

Regarding the link order, it looks like you have sort enabled?

The submit button will be unavailable if you have 'Auto submit' ticked at the top.
                Jon

Comment

Originally posted by jon00 View Post
                  Sorry, another bug! Download again and replace Jon00LinksHS4ASPX.vben from the download zip.

Regarding the link order, it looks like you have sort enabled?

The submit button will be unavailable if you have 'Auto submit' ticked at the top.
                  1-The new ASPX seems to have fix the error message

2- sort is set to 0: but links are still in alphabetic order ...

[Links2]
                  Enabled=1
                  Position=1
                  Sort=0
                  Title=Utility
                  1=Jon00 Links Setup;/Jon00Links.html
                  2=Jon00 Device List;/Jon00DeviceList.aspx
                  3=Jon00 Events Viewer;/Jon00eventVIEWER.aspx
                  4=Jon00 Network Monitor;/Jon00RCCNM.asp
                  5=--

to have it in links order I add to unclick autosublit and manually submit the change with changing sort from no to yes to no again

Comment

It maybe a caching issue. Press shift whilst pressing the refresh on your browser.

Also, you can get rid of number 5. That adds a space bar and was only added to ensure it created a drop-down menu with only one entry.
                    Jon

Comment

Jon where to I find this ti download, I was on your site under HS4 specific but did not see it and looked under hs3/4 too. help

Comment

It is under HS4 specific/All downloads
                        Jon

Comment

I tried this and it works well. I decided to remove it so as to not use it as a crutch. I removed all the files that came with the PI but I still see "Legacy" "Utility" with sub menu that of course crashes. I also removed the line from startup,vb. What else do I need to remove?

Comment

In your html directory, delete the file 'navbar.html'. Then rename the file 'navbar.html.bak' to 'navbar.html'
                            Jon

Comment

I thought I wrote this and now don't see it, I've decided to just not use the Legacy drop down, all good. Thanks!
                              How do I set the time on the top bar to 24h like I have it everywhere else?

Comment

Working...
                              X