Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• jon00
    replied
    Linux is not my strong point but obviously with one of your updates, it reverted the path back to the old compiler.

Leave a comment:

• avpman
    replied
    Originally posted by jon00 View Post

No, it's caused by the same issue as you had before. You are using the obsolete vbnc compiler which needs to be switched to the vbc compiler:

install -p /usr/bin/vbc /usr/bin/vbnc
    Thanks, that fixed it. But I didn't change my system since last time. Is this something I need to do regularly?

Leave a comment:

• jon00
    replied
    Originally posted by avpman View Post
    This has been working but I haven't used it since 4.0.8.0 linux. Now I'm getting the error below. Is it a program error or a bad event causing it to crash?

System.Web.Compilation.CompilationException
    error VBNC30248: CHANGEME
    Description: Error compiling a resource required to service this request. Review your source file and modify it to fix this error.
    Details: error VBNC30248: CHANGEME
    Error origin: Compiler
    Error source file: ~/Global.asax

Exception stack trace:

at System.Web.Compilation.AssemblyBuilder.BuildAssembly (System.Web.VirtualPath virtualPath, System.CodeDom.Compiler.CompilerParameters options) [0x00312] in <6be42e17951b438eaaf58a9aa197fc37>:0 at System.Web.Compilation.AssemblyBuilder.BuildAssembly (System.Web.VirtualPath virtualPath) [0x00008] in <6be42e17951b438eaaf58a9aa197fc37>:0 at System.Web.Compilation.BuildManager.GenerateAssembly (System.Web.Compilation.AssemblyBuilder abuilder, System.Web.Compilation.BuildProviderGroup group, System.Web.VirtualPath vp, System.Boolean debug) [0x00202] in <6be42e17951b438eaaf58a9aa197fc37>:0 at System.Web.Compilation.BuildManager.BuildInner (System.Web.VirtualPath vp, System.Boolean debug) [0x00106] in <6be42e17951b438eaaf58a9aa197fc37>:0
    No, it's caused by the same issue as you had before. You are using the obsolete vbnc compiler which needs to be switched to the vbc compiler:

install -p /usr/bin/vbc /usr/bin/vbnc

Leave a comment:

• avpman
    replied
    This has been working but I haven't used it since 4.0.8.0 linux. Now I'm getting the error below. Is it a program error or a bad event causing it to crash?

System.Web.Compilation.CompilationException
    error VBNC30248: CHANGEME
    Description: Error compiling a resource required to service this request. Review your source file and modify it to fix this error.
    Details: error VBNC30248: CHANGEME
    Error origin: Compiler
    Error source file: ~/Global.asax

Exception stack trace:

at System.Web.Compilation.AssemblyBuilder.BuildAssembly (System.Web.VirtualPath virtualPath, System.CodeDom.Compiler.CompilerParameters options) [0x00312] in <6be42e17951b438eaaf58a9aa197fc37>:0 at System.Web.Compilation.AssemblyBuilder.BuildAssembly (System.Web.VirtualPath virtualPath) [0x00008] in <6be42e17951b438eaaf58a9aa197fc37>:0 at System.Web.Compilation.BuildManager.GenerateAssembly (System.Web.Compilation.AssemblyBuilder abuilder, System.Web.Compilation.BuildProviderGroup group, System.Web.VirtualPath vp, System.Boolean debug) [0x00202] in <6be42e17951b438eaaf58a9aa197fc37>:0 at System.Web.Compilation.BuildManager.BuildInner (System.Web.VirtualPath vp, System.Boolean debug) [0x00106] in <6be42e17951b438eaaf58a9aa197fc37>:0

Leave a comment:

• SmartyPants
    replied

Technically yes the quotes around the refresh (however it still works as-is) but it has nothing to do with the issue.

Looking at the code, that relates to either a corrupt Event Group or Event Name when the page loops through all the events you have. Your database has some corruption. As it can't read these details, there is no indication which one.
    Okay thanks Jon.

I used the HS3/4 version which seems to work okay anyway.
    I just need a list of events off so I can move to HS3 again.

Thanks

Leave a comment:

• jon00
    replied
    Originally posted by ewkearns View Post

Grasping at straws: should this be: <meta http-equiv="refresh" content="30">

instead of: <meta http-equiv=refresh content='0' /> ?
    Technically yes the quotes around the refresh (however it still works as-is) but it has nothing to do with the issue.

Originally posted by SmartyPants View Post

Jon,

I'm getting actually the same issue as the OP of the problem.
    Blank page.

If I check 'No password required for local subnet login'
    The blank page remains except for the following error in the page itself:

Code:
     [TABLE]
    [TR]
    [TD]Oops! Something went wrong. Try a page refresh.[/TD]
     		[/TR]
    [TR]
    [TD] [/TD]
     		[/TR]
    [TR]
    [TD]Error in Main Block 14a: System.NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object. at scriptcode14.VBWrapper.Main(Object MyData)[/TD]
     		[/TR]
    [/TABLE]
    Looking at the code, that relates to either a corrupt Event Group or Event Name when the page loops through all the events you have. Your database has some corruption. As it can't read these details, there is no indication which one.

Leave a comment:

• ewkearns
    replied
    Originally posted by DonWMason View Post

Going back to this issue, I seem to be having the same problem. When the Jon00EventViewer.aspx page is displayed, it only shows "<meta http-equiv=refresh content='0' />" ... <snip>
    Grasping at straws: should this be: <meta http-equiv="refresh" content="30">

instead of: <meta http-equiv=refresh content='0' /> ?

Leave a comment:

• SmartyPants
    replied
    The meta tag response has helped to narrow down the issue.

It looks like it is unable to access your Homeseer web pages needed to obtain data.

Do you have 'No Password Required for Local (same subnet) Login' ticked under Setup/Network?
    Do you have the 'default' user or a user with Local privileges assigned?
    Do you use https for Homeseer?
    Jon,

I'm getting actually the same issue as the OP of the problem.
    Blank page.

If I check 'No password required for local subnet login'
    The blank page remains except for the following error in the page itself:

Code:
     [TABLE]
    [TR]
    [TD]Oops! Something went wrong. Try a page refresh.[/TD]
     		[/TR]
    [TR]
    [TD] [/TD]
     		[/TR]
    [TR]
    [TD]Error in Main Block 14a: System.NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object. at scriptcode14.VBWrapper.Main(Object MyData)[/TD]
     		[/TR]
    [/TABLE]

Leave a comment:

• jon00
    replied
    The meta tag response has helped to narrow down the issue.

It looks like it is unable to access your Homeseer web pages needed to obtain data.

Do you have 'No Password Required for Local (same subnet) Login' ticked under Setup/Network?
    Do you have the 'default' user or a user with Local privileges assigned?
    Do you use https for Homeseer?

Leave a comment:

• DonWMason
    replied
    Originally posted by Sireone View Post

Nope, and the favicon just loops like it's trying to load the page.
    Going back to this issue, I seem to be having the same problem. When the Jon00EventViewer.aspx page is displayed, it only shows "<meta http-equiv=refresh content='0' />" and that forces it to refresh repeatedly.

If I edit that file and switch out the vben call to the one for the Device Viewer, I get a compile error, but not the constant refreshing. This is most likely due to the MyData parameters not being in the same order. If I switch to the MyData values from the Device Viewer, it works fine - just as the Device Viewer.

Is there any chance there's a problem in Jon00EventViewerHS4ASPX.vben? I'm running v4.2.6.0.

Leave a comment:

• WinoInTraining
    replied
    Thanks a lot jon00 . I appreciate your help even though it didn't yield a fix. While browsing for other incidents of similar problems I stumbled over a solution that I implemented for HS3 but hadn't implemented for HS4. I came back here to post the solution and noticed that that mterry63 had already posted a link (above). This solved the problem for me.

mterry63 - I appreciate the link. I did find it before seeing your post (even blind squirrels, etc...), but I appreciate you providing it. It was the answer for me.

Leave a comment:

• mterry63
    replied
    Perhaps this problem The fix for "ASP.Net page" errors when running as service or task. - HomeSeer Message Board still exists in HS4. I wouldn't be surprised. You can try and roll it back if it doesn't help as it's a simple change.

Leave a comment:

• jon00
    replied
    I'm really not sure then. It seems to work for most people so something else must be going on.

Leave a comment:

• WinoInTraining
    replied
    Sorry I was not clear, jon00 The exact text that I have for "Start in (optional)" is "C:\Program Files (x86)\HomeSeer HS3" . (The preceding text is a copy/paste from that dialog box location because it is not fully visible in the dialog box - see graphic below)

Click image for larger version

Name:	Task action Dialog.png
Views:	344
Size:	14.0 KB
ID:	1501263

Sorry my ambiguity caused you to have to follow up with graphics, but I did have that right all along. There is something else going on and I am at a loss.

Leave a comment:

• jon00
    replied
    You did not make it clear but do you have the full path in the Start In text box?

Click image for larger version

Name:	Capture.PNG
Views:	316
Size:	18.9 KB
ID:	1501253

Leave a comment:

Working...
X