No announcement yet.

Jon00 Event Viewer & Documenter for Homeseer 4

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I migrated from hs3 to hs4 last weekend, and I've been using your Event Viewer to help understand problems I was having with Google home. I filtered my events by voice command and discovered that while the filter does indeed identify events where the voice command field contains text, it does not identify events with the voice command Advanced option checked. My assumption was that the filter operated on the latter when it actually operated on the former. This was very confusing until I figured out what was going on. It would be helpful if you had another filter to operate on the voice command option so as to avoid that confusion for others in the future.

Another thing I discovered, unrelated to your Event Viewer, is that the migration process from hs3 to hs4 accurately retains the voice command option state for each event, but it does not automatically set the "Google home Discovery" option, which is necessary for Google home to recognize the event.

Comment

Originally posted by baudi View Post
      I migrated from hs3 to hs4 last weekend, and I've been using your Event Viewer to help understand problems I was having with Google home. I filtered my events by voice command and discovered that while the filter does indeed identify events where the voice command field contains text, it does not identify events with the voice command Advanced option checked. My assumption was that the filter operated on the latter when it actually operated on the former. This was very confusing until I figured out what was going on. It would be helpful if you had another filter to operate on the voice command option so as to avoid that confusion for others in the future.
      Unfortunately, Homeseer does not expose the event Voice Command flag in its API, nor the 2 new Google/Alexa Discovery flags shown in the event options. I have contacted Rich rjh about this.
      Jon

Comment

Hi Jon; Love this and the device viewer. Is there some way to have the Event Viewer List the last run events? I'm trying to track down an issue and I may have set the event in question to not log.
        Thanks;
        Don
        Don

Comment

From the sort drop-down, just select 'Last Event Run date - Ascending'.

Jon

Comment

Sweet! Thanks.
            Don

Comment

Having an issue on 4.2.16.0. I don't use this plug-in all the time, so not sure when it "broke." I get the blank page and lots of errors like this in the log:

Code:
              Error in EventData Block 2: System.ArgumentOutOfRangeException: StartIndex cannot be less than zero. Parameter name: startIndex at System.String.Substring (System.Int32 startIndex, System.Int32 length) [0x00004] in :0 at System.String.Substring (System.Int32 startIndex) [0x00008] in :0 at scriptcode5.VBWrapper.EventData (System.String EventID) [0x002c5] in :0

Error in EventData Block 1: System.Net.WebException: The operation has timed out. at System.Net.HttpWebRequest.RunWithTimeoutWorker[T] (System.Threading.Tasks.Task`1[TResult] workerTask, System.Int32 timeout, System.Action abort, System.Func`1[TResult] aborted, System.Threading.CancellationTokenSource cts) [0x000f8] in :0 at System.Net.HttpWebRequest.GetResponse () [0x00016] in :0 at scriptcode5.VBWrapper.EventData (System.String EventID) [0x0012a] in :0​[/LEFT]
              ​

Any suggestions?

Comment

Do you have local logins without password enabled?
                Jon

Comment

Originally posted by jon00 View Post
                  Do you have local logins without password enabled?
                  Yes.

Comment

The error relates to web timeout errors getting the event information. All I can think is that your HTPi cannot handle the number of events you have now got on your setup. Unfortunately, I don't have a resolution for this.
                    Jon

Comment

I have 107 events currently. Looking at my last Excel export of my events from the plug-in back in July, I had 114 back then. Hmm, guess I'll keep trying and see if I can figure it out. Thanls.

Comment

Looks like something was messed up with ASP.NET. I wasn't able to open any other Jon00 plug-ins (check for updates, occupancy simulator, etc.). I rebooted the HTPi and everything started working again.

Comment

It is possible to have the reference ID of the device when we export?

Comment

Not quite sure what you mean. This is an event viewer and shows/exports the event ID for each event. If you are asking about device reference ID of devices configured in events then no.
                            Jon

Comment

Hi Jon,
                              Didn't you have a utility to find all events or devices that were enabled for Alexa voice control but didn't have the voice text field filled in (or vice versa?) I know I used something like that when I first got started with HS but I need it again and I can't find it.
                              Thanks in advance.

Comment

Device Viewer and Documenter

Click image for larger version

Name:	Capture.png
Views:	265
Size:	123.6 KB
ID:	1586777
                                Jon

Comment

Working...
                                X