Jon00 Windows Update Monitor for Homeseer 3 & Homeseer 4

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Jon00 Windows Update Monitor for Homeseer 3 & Homeseer 4

Click image for larger version  Name:	Capture.PNG Views:	0 Size:	118.7 KB ID:	1378782

This package allows you monitor for pending Windows Updates on multiple Windows PC’s on your network. Several virtual devices are created including the number of updates available, description, severity and links to the respective knowledge base articles.

The virtual devices provide a number of metrics which can be used to trigger Homeseer events. This may be useful on Homeseer installations running Windows giving you immediate warning of pending updates; especially those which are marked as critical.

For example, you can schedule a local/remote reboot of any PC monitored by use of the 'Reboot Required' flag and reboot PC control at a time that suits you. If Homeseer is running on any of the PC's, the plugin will automatically close it gracefully, before restarting the PC/Server.

Note: If you are running Homeseer on Linux, you can still run this utility to monitor other Windows PC’s on your network.

As always, it is available from my site - click on my banner below.

Please post any comments, suggestions and likes here.
    Jon

That's so cool!
    Is there any chance to include a desktop gadget / pop up for this and also critical error logs (HomeSeer) in case one is always not working on the UI.

Examples for gadgets here : https://docs.rainmeter.net/developers/

I hope am not asking too much man, else thanks for your ever so cool work!

Eman.
    TinkerLand : Life's Choices,"No One Size Fits All"

Comment

Thanks Jon this is something i can really use after having to delete 2 windows update the other day KB4524244, KB4532693 .. The only odd thing was i got hit on my virus protection AVAST for the first time so i wanted to let you know just in case

Attached Files

Comment

Thanks. There is a section on my downloads page about virus warnings.
        Jon

Comment

Originally posted by Eman View Post
          That's so cool!
          Is there any chance to include a desktop gadget / pop up for this and also critical error logs (HomeSeer) in case one is always not working on the UI.

Examples for gadgets here : https://docs.rainmeter.net/developers/

I hope am not asking too much man, else thanks for your ever so cool work!

Eman.
          It is not my intention to provide a desktop gadget. It is really designed to monitor systems running Homeseer on remote servers.

Regarding the error log, you can easily trigger an event which will write in the log the number of critical errors.
          Jon

Comment

Got it.

Eman.

TinkerLand : Life's Choices,"No One Size Fits All"

Comment

Jon,

This looks handy especially for us who don't regularly log into our servers...

Is it reasonable to think this works with Windows Server 2016? Once the MS update is applied, I assume the device clears itself? Is the checking real-time or is it event driven based on a re-occurring interval?

Thanks,

Robert
              HS3PRO 3.0.0.500 as a Fire Daemon service, Windows 2016 Server Std Intel Core i5 PC HTPC Slim SFF 4GB, 120GB SSD drive, WLG800, RFXCom, TI103,NetCam, UltraNetcam3, BLBackup, CurrentCost 3P Rain8Net, MCsSprinker, HSTouch, Ademco Security plugin/AD2USB, JowiHue, various Oregon Scientific temp/humidity sensors, Z-Net, Zsmoke, Aeron Labs micro switches, Amazon Echo Dots, WS+, WD+ ... on and on.

Comment

Originally posted by langenet View Post
                Jon,

This looks handy especially for us who don't regularly log into our servers...

Is it reasonable to think this works with Windows Server 2016? Once the MS update is applied, I assume the device clears itself? Is the checking real-time or is it event driven based on a re-occurring interval?

Thanks,

Robert
                Should work fine on WS2016.

Yes, all devices will reset or reduce depending on what you install.

It is interval driven by the plugin itself (every 15 min) which can be changed in the settings.

There is no installation on Homeseer apart from a few icons for the virtual devices..
                Jon

Comment

Great news Jon. I'll give it a try this weekend.

One observation, the KB hyper-links seem to be truncated in comparison to the KB numbers in your example.

Robert
                  HS3PRO 3.0.0.500 as a Fire Daemon service, Windows 2016 Server Std Intel Core i5 PC HTPC Slim SFF 4GB, 120GB SSD drive, WLG800, RFXCom, TI103,NetCam, UltraNetcam3, BLBackup, CurrentCost 3P Rain8Net, MCsSprinker, HSTouch, Ademco Security plugin/AD2USB, JowiHue, various Oregon Scientific temp/humidity sensors, Z-Net, Zsmoke, Aeron Labs micro switches, Amazon Echo Dots, WS+, WD+ ... on and on.

Comment

Originally posted by langenet View Post
                    Great news Jon. I'll give it a try this weekend.

One observation, the KB hyper-links seem to be truncated in comparison to the KB numbers in your example.

Robert
                    That is just a space limitation in the device text field. They still link correctly.
                    Jon

Comment

If people downloaded this today, please re-download. I seem to have caused an issue when I recompiled it this morning.
                      Jon

Comment

Is the executable the only file that needs to be replaced?
                        -Wade

Comment

yes
                          Jon

Comment

jon00 Bought you a paypal beer. Thanks for all your work for the community.
                            -Wade

Comment

Jon,

Works great with Win2k16 as a firedaemon service. A great utility!!!

I sent you National Gin day token of my appreciation....

Thanks,

Robert

Comment

Working...
                              X