HS4 Title Bar using Jon00 Links

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

HS4 Title Bar using Jon00 Links

Pete How did you get the title bar in HS4 to look like it did in HS3? Would you be willing to share your config?

Click image for larger version

Name:	HS4-TitleBar.png
Views:	387
Size:	37.0 KB
ID:	1372107

Multipieces...

1 - install Jon00 Links - this morning updated the two Jon00 scripts to current version of links plugin

2 - removed "Homeseer Web Control" verbiage on top bar.
    IE: Setup / Custom / site settings / site name = blank

3 - for the Jon00's Links top bar / PNG pics you have to do one piece at a time. I asked Jon how to do this in his sub section below.

1 - go to Jon00 Links - Widgets Setup
    2 - called Widget 001 - clock
    - enabled / yes
    - location / desktop view
    - display / [clock 7] | [date]
    - X Position Align: Right
    - X Position: 440
    - Y Position: -33
    - Button Style: 0 [none]
    - Button icon: clock.png * note copied the clock.png over from HS3 icons to /html/images/jon00/links

ICS-HS4:/opt/HomeSeer/html/images/jon00/links# ls
    clock.png sunrise.png sunset.png

- font size: 16
    - font weight: normal

You need to tinker with the positioning a bit.

Create a sunrise and sunset widget and do the same as above. So you will have three widgets. I called the widgets clock, sunrise and sunset.

They are all similiar except for the X positions. Here used:
    Sunrise:
    X Position : 280
    sunrise.png
    Sunset:
    X Position: 120
    sunset.png

Note this is my first time with Jon00's Links application for HS4. It is plug n play.

Name:	links.jpg
Views:	425
Size:	16.6 KB
ID:	1372120
    - Pete

Auto mator
    Homeseer 3 Pro - 3.0.0.548 (Linux) - Ubuntu 18.04/W7e 64 bit Intel Haswell CPU 16Gb
    Homeseer Zee2 (Lite) - 3.0.0.548 (Linux) - Ubuntu 18.04/W7e - CherryTrail x5-Z8350 BeeLink 4Gb BT3 Pro
    HS4 Lite - Ubuntu 22.04 / Lenovo Tiny M900 / 32Gb Ram

HS4 Pro - V4.1.18.1 - Ubuntu 22.04 / Lenova Tiny M900 / 32Gb Ram
    HSTouch on Intel tabletop tablets (Jogglers) - Asus AIO - Windows 11

X10, UPB, Zigbee, ZWave and Wifi MQTT automation-Tasmota-Espurna. OmniPro 2, Russound zoned audio, Alexa, Cheaper RFID, W800 and Home Assistant

Comment

Love it! Perhaps you could find a way to change the version number to V3.0.3.2 because in reality there still isn't enough to move another integer.

Comment

jon00 What are your thoughts about making the mods that Pete did the default for Jon00 Links?

Comment

Originally posted by drhtmal View Post
          jon00 What are your thoughts about making the mods that Pete did the default for Jon00 Links?
          To me, that sounds like you still don't quite understand Pete's instructions and want assistance?
          Jon

Comment

I have it setup and working. Just figured if others wanted to use it they would have it setup by default.

Comment

Originally posted by drhtmal View Post
              I have it setup and working. Just figured if others wanted to use it they would have it setup by default.
              I think it is better just to inform people how to do this. I really don't want to distribute Homeseer icons and people may not want to mimic the HS3 display. It's a shame you did not post this in my forum as this thread will get lost.
              Jon

Comment

In the center of my HS4 (V4.0.3.0 Windows) Banner I have a small clock. If I mouse hover over it I get a pop up of "Realtime clock". Where is that configured I would like to disable it and use the Jon00 Widgets clock?

Comment

That is the Jon00 Widgets real-time clock!

Got to Widgets setup page and select 008 - Javascript Clock from the drop-down. At the bottom of the page you will see "Tooltip". Just delete the entry in that field.

All- Please post issues in the correct thread: https://forums.homeseer.com/forum/3r...s-for-hs4-beta
                  Jon

Comment

Originally posted by jon00 View Post
                    It's a shame you did not post this in my forum as this thread will get lost.
                    done
                    💁‍♂️ Support & Customer Service 🙋‍♂️ Sales Questions 🛒 Shop HomeSeer Products

Comment

BTW the three png files called sunrise, sunset and clock came from the HS3 directory.
                      - Pete

Auto mator
                      Homeseer 3 Pro - 3.0.0.548 (Linux) - Ubuntu 18.04/W7e 64 bit Intel Haswell CPU 16Gb
                      Homeseer Zee2 (Lite) - 3.0.0.548 (Linux) - Ubuntu 18.04/W7e - CherryTrail x5-Z8350 BeeLink 4Gb BT3 Pro

X10, UPB, Zigbee, ZWave and Wifi MQTT automation-Tasmota-Espurna. OmniPro 2, Russound zoned audio, Alexa, Cheaper RFID, W800 and Home Assistant

Comment

jon00

Noticed that everytime I remove the center "Homeseer Web Control" from the middle of the top bar it comes back if I leave it blank on reboot.

Well that and it'll write over the beginning of the clock stuff. For time bean just using an equal sign right there such that it doesn't use much space.

Is there any way to have a tweak in your application to blank that spot in the center of the top bar?

Or is there a way to move the Homeseer logo from the left to the right and put the clock, sunrise, sunset stuff on the left like Homeseer 3 has it?
                        - Pete

Auto mator

Comment

Yes, you can just make a blank widget to cover the = but make sure it generated first before the other widgets.

Something like:

Click image for larger version  Name:	Capture.PNG Views:	0 Size:	199.1 KB ID:	1372492

You will see that the display is just XXX but I have set the text color to transparent and the background color to the same blue as the logo bar.
                          Jon

Comment

Thank you Jon. Works great. Added some more stuff this morning.

Name:	Links.jpg
Views:	142
Size:	13.8 KB
ID:	1372558

- Pete

Auto mator

Comment

Looking good!

Remember you can auto-hide the search field & button (restores with mouse-over) so you can place more information there!
                              Jon

Comment

Working...
                              X